Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 01-29-2011, 12:14 PM   #1
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
About to check out a 2011 Grabber Blue Mustang GT Premium

.....no worries, not at a dealership. My friend from work is bringing it over this afternoon. Him and his wife are purchasing it today from the dealership. I am really excited to check it out, although I'm hoping it just reinforces my love of the 2SS haha. It is loaded up other than navigation and moonroof.

The only part of this that makes me really jealous was that the sticker was at $35,400 (approx) and he got them down to $32,000. I wish there was that much room to move when I purchased my Camaro 14 months ago :(

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 02:04 PM   #2
cab2g
love. my. car.

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by nalinc23 View Post
.....no worries, not at a dealership. My friend from work is bringing it over this afternoon. Him and his wife are purchasing it today from the dealership. I am really excited to check it out, although I'm hoping it just reinforces my love of the 2SS haha. It is loaded up other than navigation and moonroof.

The only part of this that makes me really jealous was that the sticker was at $35,400 (approx) and he got them down to $32,000. I wish there was that much room to move when I purchased my Camaro 14 months ago :(
Invoice for the Mustang is much lower than the Camaros. GM keeps a lot more money than Ford does But don't feel too bad, the current Camaro will be more iconic than the current Mustang in the long run. I was glad to get a decent discount even if it wasn't $3000.
Old 01-29-2011, 03:21 PM   #3
nalinc23

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS 6MT
He wasn't ready to let me drive it yet but I went for a 10 minute cruise in it. I have to say it's definitely a nice car. It has all the same options my 2SS has, just no HIDS and it is automatic. Grabber blue is a stunning color in my opinion (I know it's hate it or love it) and the car goes really nice down the road. The best word to describe the car is "effortless." Effortless handling, power, etc.

HOWEVER, I can now say that I am still more impressed with my Camaro in terms of interior layout, exterior styling, and has a more solid feeling overall.

nalinc23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 04:07 PM   #4
TJ91
:chevy:

Drives: 2LT/RS
Quote:
He wasn't ready to let me drive it yet but I went for a 10 minute cruise in it. I have to say it's definitely a nice car. It has all the same options my 2SS has, just no HIDS and it is automatic. Grabber blue is a stunning color in my opinion (I know it's hate it or love it) and the car goes really nice down the road. The best word to describe the car is "effortless." Effortless handling, power, etc.

HOWEVER, I can now say that I am still more impressed with my Camaro in terms of interior layout, exterior styling, and has a more solid feeling overall.
That grabber blue looks GREAT
If you experience Permagrin exceeding 4 hours after taking Camaro, seek immediate Camaro5 Help
CAMARO Bringing excitment back into the Garage
TJ91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 05:25 PM   #5
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:

It is a hate it or love it color... and I hate it lol I love the sterling grey they offer though.

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:45 PM   #6
JHL88

Drives: 02 z06
i always thought that grabber blue is like synergy green's counter part. i love both colors
2002 torch redc5z06 - sold :(
'13 z71 4x4 - DD

www.fquick.com/JHL88
JHL88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 07:53 PM   #7
paytnom

Drives: 2012 KIA Forte; 2011 2SS/RS - SGM
Quote:

Agree with you regarding the mustang interior. Was looking at both the mustang and camaro this time last year and I thought the mustang interior was Blah!!!!
paytnom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 08:58 PM   #8
porcupinekiller

Drives: 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by paytnom View Post
Agree with you regarding the mustang interior. Was looking at both the mustang and camaro this time last year and I thought the mustang interior was Blah!!!!
That's not a response I've ever heard about either my GT500 or my wifes 2010 GT's interior. Here's a couple pic of my wife's GT interior. Even friends that drive more expensive imports comment on how nice the interior is in the Mustang.

porcupinekiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 09:25 PM   #9
TaylorRyanSS
COTW: 12/13/10

Drives: 1969 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by porcupinekiller View Post
That's not a response I've ever heard about either my GT500 or my wifes 2010 GT's interior. Here's a couple pic of my wife's GT interior. Even friends that drive more expensive imports comment on how nice the interior is in the Mustang.

The quality of the materials in the Mustangs interior is nicer but the Camaros just looks way cooler and unique IMO

"Are you one of those boys who prefer cars to women? - I'm one of those boys that appreciates a fine body, regardless of the make."
1969 CAMARO JOURNAL: http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341239 | FACEBOOK: http://www.facebook.com/taylor.ryan.apt | GRAPHIC DESIGN: www.aptdesigns.net
TaylorRyanSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 03:55 AM   #10
rez333

Drives: 2013 ZL1
cooler isn't always better. If you look at gorgeous dashboards from a long time ago, they were very simple looking. Check out the dashboard of a Caterham for example. The problem with "trendy" dashboards, which describes the Camaro's, is that they tend to get real old real quick when the next trendy dashboard comes out.
rez333 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:21 AM   #11
8cd03gro

Drives: 2005 STi corn fed
Depends what your preference is. Me, I just like the color of those seats. I could't care less about dashboards. They just need a leather wrapped dash option, then I would care
8cd03gro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:29 AM   #12
Russo
Unofficial Glass Tech

Drives: 2014 Ford F150 FX2
Send a message via Yahoo to Russo
the Mustang dash and interior is nice, alot better than any previous!
Russo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2011, 08:33 AM   #13
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:

when I went and drove the 2011 GT this summer, they were already negotiating price which I found interesting. Guess the new 5.0 isn't quite the selling point they thought it would be. Nice car though, very quick. As I said before, I could proudly own and drive either of the three American muscle cars.
Old 01-31-2011, 09:41 AM   #14
toesuf94

Drives: THR #11 E-force supercharged
Send a message via MSN to toesuf94
I sat in a 2011 California Special Mustang this weekend...right after sitting in a 2010 2SS Camaro.

First thing I noticed is how simular the steering wheels are. Both are three spoke designs and they both are hard to hold at the 9 and 3 positions...which is fine, as I hold my wheels just above those positions. Yet, the Camaro gets yelled at about it and the Mustang praised. I was surprised.

The interior layout on both cars is great, yet the Mustang is probably easier to get used to quickly, as it is basically the same layout that has been in Fords for years. The Camaro Concept inspired layout would take a little while to get used to, but they both were fine for my tastes. Ford has the cooler lighting options and it pisses me off that GM did not light the stripe on the dash like so many of you have done on your own.

Seats: The Mustang seats were HARD and Flat. I was blown away at just how flat and unsupportive they were. I had just come out of a 2SS...and that seat was unbelievable - instantly comfortable and supportive. I own one of the best seats in the business in my M5, and the Camaro won this one hands down.

The strut brace on the Mustang convertible was a joke in it's finish. Sorry. If you looked at the one I saw, the strut bolts were barely halfway over the flange for the brace...and there were two per side. The Camaro Convertible looks to have a three bolt per side flange that bolts onto the struts with a cast aluminum/steel flange...much better looking (in photos) and stronger design.

The grabber blue is stunning - I love it. I just did not find the finish work and interior to be on par with all of the write ups I have been reading. It did not make sense to me. Congrats on your friends new ride though.