Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 03-30-2012, 12:05 PM   #127
JusticePete

Drives: Camaro Justice
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post

even I have to admit that is hilarious.

but still.
Too much coffee today
JusticePete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 12:56 PM   #128
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Not enough. clearly....
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:16 PM   #129
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAHVIT View Post
Not enough. clearly....
Ok. Ok. You can keep them and I'll send Juan more Pedders bits
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #130
bhall82
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by JusticePete View Post
Ok. Ok. You can keep them and I'll send Juan more Pedders bits

Sounds like a win win for Chris and Juan
bhall82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:24 PM   #131
JusticePete

There is a slight difference in height between the FE3 strap on the left and the FE4 / FE5 strap on the right. We have new bushes in process for the FE4 / FE5 straps. Until those are available, we are supplying a shim to our FE4 / FE5 clients. If you are an FE4 / FE5 client and did not receive for shims with the Z bar kit please let us know a.s.a.p.

The shim will last as long as the bush, so there is no concern about durability or longevity. Some OEMs build vehicles using a bush and a base (shim) for more control. i.e. less bush material translates into more control. We are talking about a 3mm shim with a very dense bush so there will be no performance gain or loss with the shim and bush compared to the bush with the thicker base. We really didn't want to make this information available to other suspension companies , but we want to make sure our clients get the right bits

Our thinking was that anyone who orders the FE4 / FE5 arms must have an FE3 suspension. Those that don't order the conversion kits must be FE4 owners. Sneaky, but pretty accurate Making this information public is the best way to make certain we ship the right parts to every client
Old 03-30-2012, 05:34 PM   #132
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Sent you a message about this
Old 03-30-2012, 05:38 PM   #133
nak3dsnake

Drives: 2010 Camaro IBM 2LT/RS M6
Quote:

There is a slight difference in height between the FE3 strap on the left and the FE4 / FE5 strap on the right. We have new bushes in process for the FE4 / FE5 straps. Until those are available, we are supplying a shim to our FE4 / FE5 clients. If you are an FE4 / FE5 client and did not receive for shims with the Z bar kit please let us know a.s.a.p.

The shim will last as long as the bush, so there is no concern about durability or longevity. Some OEMs build vehicles using a bush and a base (shim) for more control. i.e. less bush material translates into more control. We are talking about a 3mm shim with a very dense bush so there will be no performance gain or loss with the shim and bush compared to the bush with the thicker base. We really didn't want to make this information available to other suspension companies , but we want to make sure our clients get the right bits

Our thinking was that anyone who orders the FE4 / FE5 arms must have an FE3 suspension. Those that don't order the conversion kits must be FE4 owners. Sneaky, but pretty accurate Making this information public is the best way to make certain we ship the right parts to every client
What part numbers do you have for the rear FE5 clamps(straps)? I have two set of parts numbers and I think the parts sheet I have is off.

It lists:
22786267 - FE4 Rear Left
22786268 - FE5 Rear Left
22831249 - FE5 Rear Right
22831250 - FE4 Rear Right
Attached Images

Performance: Vararam Ram Air Intake, Hurst Short Throw Shifter w/ Hurst Hard Drive Pistol Grip, IDEALG Clutch Master Cylinder, RX Catch can, GTO clutch fluid reservoir, Brembo Brakes, 1LE Track Pack, GMPP Exhaust Upgrade.
nak3dsnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 05:43 PM   #134
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by nak3dsnake View Post
What part numbers do you have for the rear FE5 clamps(straps)? I have two set of parts numbers and I think the parts sheet I have is off.

It lists:
22786267 - FE4 Rear Left
22786268 - FE5 Rear Left
22831249 - FE5 Rear Right
22831250 - FE4 Rear Right
Good question. I'll check next week when I am back in the office.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:07 PM   #135
CAP'N B
Cajun Mariner

Drives: 10 Camaro SS/RS 15 Camaro Z/82 AGM
I have a '10 2SS/RS A6, I drag race it , but I'm more interested in road course racing, what would be the way to go, $2500-$3000 budget just for the parts, with upgrades in the future. I am more interested in the solid bushes than the inserts for the subframe.

Last edited by CAP'N B; 04-01-2012 at 10:12 AM.
CAP'N B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:41 PM   #136
L99CAMA2011

Drives: One of the baddest handling Gen 5s
I hate waiting too, should've ordered my rear bar express. Oh well Tuesday get here soon, I mean NOW.
L99CAMA2011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 10:57 PM   #137
mws444

Drives: 701 RWHP Lingenfelter/Pedders Beast
Hey, Juan must have gotten my shipment! Pete.....this mod fever is really Bad!
CCW 505t's Nitto Invo's and DR's
Beware of the LPE Brotherhood!
mws444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 11:29 AM   #138
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:
Originally Posted by mws444 View Post
Hey, Juan must have gotten my shipment! Pete.....this mod fever is really Bad!
I'll ask Juan... LMAO
GTAHVIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:49 PM   #139
Avalnch

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro+Avalanche
Quote:

So Pete,

What type of center bush material do the new FE4/FE5 barz come with (front and rear)? From this post, it seems like you are telling us FE3 owners to re-use our old rear center straps with the shim??

What happens when your new bushes and straps are ready to go? Will they be shipped out to us?
Vengeance Kaotik Cam, C.A.I., ARH LT, Pypes Cat Back, ZL1 Shifter+2012LS3VERT bushing, Quantum Brake Ducts, JDP Tow Hook Scorch Yellow Trim Kit, Shark Fin, AAC DRLs+ABLs+SMDs, ZTA Rear Spoiler, R.Y. 1LE Splitter. Pfadt coilovers, camber plates, trailing arms, Pegasus Solid Subframe. Pedders ZL1 barz, radius arm & steering rack bushings. BMR adjustable toe-rods. Hotchkis Max Chassis Brace. ZL1 GMPP Driveline Upgrade. TurnOne P/S pump. CTS-V 6 pistons.
447 HP @ 6180 RPM / 418 TQ @ 5100 RPM
Avalnch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:55 PM   #140
JusticePete

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalnch View Post
So Pete,

What type of center bush material do the new FE4/FE5 barz come with (front and rear)? From this post, it seems like you are telling us FE3 owners to re-use our old rear center straps with the shim??

What happens when your new bushes and straps are ready to go? Will they be shipped out to us?
All Pedders sway bars are supplied with new bushes. We re-use the OEM straps because they are well designed and very strong.

ONLY the FE4 / FE5 owners will use a Lexan shim
with the Pedders supplied bush and OEM strap. When the new bushes with the thicker base arrive there will be no need for a shim. Any of our FE4 / FE5 clients that have a shim can continue using the shim or we will be happy to send them the new bushes with a thicker base.