Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 05-14-2012, 03:11 PM   #43
newmoon

Drives: 2019 GT350
Quote:
Originally Posted by GaBoy25 View Post
You pay out the @ss for those options though:(

His stickered for around 45 Iirc
Actually the car list $51,195.00 it's fully loaded, bottom line is $45,200.00 out the door, which isn't a bad price, but I do agree $51,195.00 would be crazy.
2012 SRT Challenger 392 auto 12:40s 112 stock
2012 Ford Mustang 5.0. Brembo, 3:73s
2010 SS, LS3, Cammed, LTs, 12:20s
2004 Redfire Cobra, Pullied & Tuned
1986 GT, Ed Curtis 347ci, 11:20s motor. 10:30s 100-hp shot
newmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 04:26 PM   #44
Lou_Dorchen

Drives: Jeep
Quote:
Originally Posted by shrinkdoc View Post
No such thing as locked if you have the code. It can be hacked like anything and the retuned. Willing to bet there are already after market tunes out now.
I believe you would lose that bet.
Lou_Dorchen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 05:45 PM   #45
My Caroline

Drives: Black 2011 Camaro LS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
This post has fail written all over it....
Please enlighten us all with your genius.

As a kid, we had 2 dodges. Brand new, the first would shut off going down the high way, and rattled so many parts loose it didn't last 5 years. The second had the transmission go out at 50,000 miles. We have had Chevy since.
2 surburbans and both ran 250,000 miles and still ran when we sold them.

Also, your profile has troll written all over it...
Non-RS to RS and fog light harness by Gen5DIY
LED Interior, Trunk, and Licence Plate lights in white
ZL1 Spoiler with Gen5DIY harness
Factory NPP cat back
Blacked out tail light bezels
Factory 20 inch wheels wrapped in Nitto Motivos
Lowered 1.25inch on Eibach Pro springs
My Caroline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 06:03 PM   #46
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
Please enlighten us all with your genius.

As a kid, we had 2 dodges. Brand new, the first would shut off going down the high way, and rattled so many parts loose it didn't last 5 years. The second had the transmission go out at 50,000 miles. We have had Chevy since.
2 surburbans and both ran 250,000 miles and still ran when we sold them.

Also, your profile has troll written all over it...
Awesom,e, I had a grand prix the interior fell apart on, the transmission died, it rattled, the displays faded, could not get of the front end vibration, fuel pump failed, etc, etc etc, parents regal, falling apart interior, transmission issues, sensor issues, vibration issues, brothers 09 CTS, BAD leaks from the sunroof, front end issues, engine misses, ratles, shorted out passenger seat heater and climate control, nav randomly blinks out. The real fail though is that while they had a Sprinter van from Mercedes, the trucks always were and still are 100% mopar and unlike the LX cars even have a true Mopar transmission.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 10:53 PM   #47
My Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stew View Post
Awesom,e, I had a grand prix the interior fell apart on, the transmission died, it rattled, the displays faded, could not get of the front end vibration, fuel pump failed, etc, etc etc, parents regal, falling apart interior, transmission issues, sensor issues, vibration issues, brothers 09 CTS, BAD leaks from the sunroof, front end issues, engine misses, ratles, shorted out passenger seat heater and climate control, nav randomly blinks out. The real fail though is that while they had a Sprinter van from Mercedes, the trucks always were and still are 100% mopar and unlike the LX cars even have a true Mopar transmission.
You sir, are completely misinformed. Dodge trucks have had and still do have cummins engines (not all have cummins engines) mated to Mercedes Benz transmissions. And don't get confused, cummins is not a dodge brand. Second, it sounds like you're a mopar guy. If so, that's cool, but you don't have to defend mopar here.
Factory NPP cat back
Old 05-15-2012, 07:35 AM   #48
Stew

Drives: 92 Luminadead/01 Dakota/97 F150 4x4
Quote:
Originally Posted by My Caroline View Post
You sir, are completely misinformed. Dodge trucks have had and still do have cummins engines (not all have cummins engines) mated to Mercedes Benz transmissions. And don't get confused, cummins is not a dodge brand. Second, it sounds like you're a mopar guy. If so, that's cool, but you don't have to defend mopar here.
Yes, cummins is outsourced to Dodge, so? they have all done or do it, but the transmission, even behind the Cummins, is not a Mercedes unit.
Stew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:47 AM   #49
2012 IngotSilver 5.0
FIVE.OH

Drives: 2016 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by CamaroKid300 View Post
I'd buy one of those before I ever bought a 5.0
Of course you would ...

Dodge Challenger:
The only pony car that even makes the Camaro look svelte & lightweight.
2012 IngotSilver 5.0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 07:55 AM   #50
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by soloknight6 View Post
I love everything about the challenger minus the rear end. Something about that light bar and bumper... They sound great though!
the rear end looks like a person with sunglasses on lol
zkdreads is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:20 AM   #51
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Wow!! Are yall really arguing about build quality?!! Most people saying that dodges quality sucks have never owned a dodge, and the ones that have owned one had cars from the 80's-90's. Well heres a newsflash!! All big 3 sucked at the time!!! These days all 3 have come a looong way but NONE of them are perfect. Im always at a good friends performance shop that works on all different makes and models. Ive sat,ridden,drove, and inspected just about very type of car you can think of. Even exotics. I can tell you out of the big 3 none really had a big edge over the other. If i had to give it to one id honestly have to give it to dodge. Go figure, go ahead and call me bias cause i own one but im only being honest. Now the new chargers,300's,and jeep are BLOWING the others out of the water with the exception of the cts. They have really nice interiors.

I beat the crap out of my car every time that i drive it. I bought it brand new in 07, currently has 70k on the clock and ive had NO major issues with it at all. I also kno DOZENS others that have about the same milage with no major issues as well. They are not the dodges from the past. Very stout cars.

Whoever said MB built RAMS please go read a book. No make it two books.
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:23 AM   #52
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post
Wow!! Are yall really arguing about build quality?!! Most people saying that dodges quality sucks have never owned a dodge, and the ones that have owned one had cars from the 80's-90's. Well heres a newsflash!! All big 3 sucked at the time!!! These days all 3 have come a looong way but NONE of them are perfect. Im always at a good friends performance shop that works on all different makes and models. Ive sat,ridden,drove, and inspected just about very type of car you can think of. Even exotics. I can tell you out of the big 3 none really had a big edge over the other. If i had to give it to one id honestly have to give it to dodge. Go figure, go ahead and call me bias cause i own one but im only being honest. Now the new chargers,300's,and jeep are BLOWING the others out of the water with the exception of the cts. They have really nice interiors.

I beat the crap out of my car every time that i drive it. I bought it brand new in 07, currently has 70k on the clock and ive had NO major issues with it at all. I also kno DOZENS others that have about the same milage with no major issues as well. They are not the dodges from the past. Very stout cars.

I love Dodge Ram trucks. I have my 5th one and plan to trade up to a 2500 w/ Cummins.
midnighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:35 AM   #53
BigHemiSrt
Account Suspended

Drives: 07 Dodge Charger SRT8
Quote:
Originally Posted by midnighter View Post
I love Dodge Ram trucks. I have my 5th one and plan to trade up to a 2500 w/ Cummins.
For the price you cant beat them!! I think for a scsb hemi ram with no options one could get it for under 15k out the door!! Fun part is theyre pretty damn quick too!! Id say easy low 14sec truck stock. You can surprise a lot of unsuspecting ppl with it! I raced a friend of mine with my Acura TL (pretty peppy car) and it pulled me pretty good. I raced another friend with a 4 door 5.3 silveraldo in the TL and pulled him pretty good.
BigHemiSrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 08:49 AM   #54
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Count me in as a Challenger fan as well. As many have said, the interior - good god. Absolute garbage, zero thought put into it. But Im considering a used R/T as a third car, theyre just sooooo damn good looking. Maybe even a v6, though the auto thing bothers me..but, on the other hand, itll be cheaper, and it is not my main vehicle..
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2012, 10:30 AM   #55
My Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigHemiSrt View Post

People like you need to learn to use context. I didn't imply that they are ASSEMBLED along side a MB. I implied that there were and are MB sourced power train parts, such as the tranny. For years all SRTs with autos (including the 2012 models) had the MB tranny, as well as the ram.

And since you insist it isn't true, I'll leave this thread with a link to allpar, discussing the MB tranny used in dodge cars and ram trucks. I think it's funny, because I was actually saying I would buy a ram over an F150.

http://www.allpar.com/mopar/transmis...AG1-WA580.html

If you still think I'm wrong in every way, then I don't know what more to say. If I have flawed details, I love to learn, so point me in the right direction rather than being a complete....
Factory NPP cat back

Last edited by My Caroline; 05-15-2012 at 10:41 AM.
Old 05-15-2012, 10:32 AM   #56
My Caroline

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
Count me in as a Challenger fan as well. As many have said, the interior - good god. Absolute garbage, zero thought put into it. But Im considering a used R/T as a third car, theyre just sooooo damn good looking. Maybe even a v6, though the auto thing bothers me..but, on the other hand, itll be cheaper, and it is not my main vehicle..
It would make a pretty sweet car next to the camaro, even the V6. One thing I am completely jealous of with the challenger is the sound of the V6. With a good exhaust it sounds like a muscle car, where as the camaros tend to sound exotic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevn86 View Post
I'd drive a charger over a challenger! That mean face and "tron" back end. The charger looks like the old chargers to me more than the challengers look like the old challengers.
Factory NPP cat back

Last edited by My Caroline; 05-15-2012 at 10:43 AM.