Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 10-27-2012, 06:05 PM   #15
King Sun
Casual Camaro Owner

Drives: 2010 Black LS V6
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndCamaro79 View Post
The GT-R hits 0 to 60 in under 3 seconds
The GT-R does the 1/4 mile in under 11 seconds
The GT-R has an amazing Ring time (and is the most liveable car on the list)
The GT-R is less than 100K

The GT-R is a BEAST and will go down in history period.
but but. ..... I heard it has problems
King Sun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:41 PM   #16
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
It's ugly. It's Japanese. and it's not a Chevy. Not for me.

They are kind of bad ass though...
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 06:47 PM   #17
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by Firefighter View Post
It's ugly. It's Japanese. and it's not a Chevy. Not for me.

They are kind of bad ass though...
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is nothing wrong with it being Japanese. The whole "...it's not a Chevy" thing makes me think you are not a real car guy, because you cant simply appreciate it for what it is, and look at what its not. Saying that it is bad ass doesn't change that, at least in my opinion
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 07:39 PM   #18
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brettzel View Post
Beauty is in the eye of the beholder, and there is nothing wrong with it being Japanese. The whole "...it's not a Chevy" thing makes me think you are not a real car guy, because you cant simply appreciate it for what it is, and look at what its not. Saying that it is bad ass doesn't change that, at least in my opinion
I have a long strain of old school in me. I don't get impressed by leds and blinking lights. I can appreciate another brand of car but I will always pick the American car and my loyalty is to Chevy. There is car guy and then there is a Chevy guy. I'm the latter before the prior.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #19
TheReaper

Drives: 2018 Mustang GT
I'm old school and only buy American but I love the GT-R and the amount of tech that Nissan put into it.
TheReaper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2012, 08:57 PM   #20
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
gtr's are junk and gay.
Old 10-27-2012, 09:16 PM   #21
TOBY J

Drives: BLOWN CAMARO SS PORSCHE PANNY TURBO
The gt-r looks like they just took parts from other cars and put them together. the performance is there but it's BUTT UGLY
TOBY J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 09:36 AM   #22
Brettzel

Drives: #null
Quote:
Originally Posted by big hammer View Post
gtr's are junk and gay.

Serious or no?
Brettzel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 10:55 AM   #23
Axe

Drives: 2018 LS
Quote:
I have a long strain of old school in me. I don't get impressed by leds and blinking lights. I can appreciate another brand of car but I will always pick the American car and my loyalty is to Chevy. There is car guy and then there is a Chevy guy. I'm the latter before the prior.

Sent from my friggin Droid by two thumbs using Tapatalk 2 or whatever the ish it's called....
So, youre proud to be closed minded then? Im a "I buy what I like guy". I know you think that "Chevy guy" drivel makes you sound cool, but, you would be wrong.
Axe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2012, 11:36 AM   #24
Firefighter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axe View Post
So, youre proud to be closed minded then? Im a "I buy what I like guy". I know you think that "Chevy guy" drivel makes you sound cool, but, you would be wrong.
Not even in the slightest. I just not into the other brands. Through the years I've noticed most cars have different target customers and I just happen to be a guy that fits the Chevy target market. I'm a T Shirt and jeans kind of of guy. I don't think that guppy faced abomination and all of the light up crap on the dash with all of it's fanbois and the ringers they have thrown at the biased magazines is all that impressive. Yeah it has some cool stuff but it doesn't appeal to me.

And just for an FYI there is no one here that I feel a need to impress or try and act cool for I'm a 40 y/o man who has a wife a son and a mortgage. I buy what I like and what is appropriate for my needs. A Camaro fits that description and in about 5 years when my son is out of a booster seat I'll be getting a Vette because it will be appropriate for me. So you and the others who find it appropriate to try and call me out because I'm a Chevy fan on a Chevy based car forum can go pick on someone who gives a damn.

Old 10-28-2012, 11:59 AM   #25
big hammer

Drives: 2002 ws6
Quote:
Not even in the slightest. I just not into the other brands. Through the years I've noticed most cars have different target customers and I just happen to be a guy that fits the Chevy target market. I'm a T Shirt and jeans kind of of guy. I don't think that guppy faced abomination and all of the light up crap on the dash with all of it's fanbois and the ringers they have thrown at the biased magazines is all that impressive. Yeah it has some cool stuff but it doesn't appeal to me.

And just for an FYI there is no one here that I feel a need to impress or try and act cool for I'm a 40 y/o man who has a wife a son and a mortgage. I buy what I like and what is appropriate for my needs. A Camaro fits that description and in about 5 years when my son is out of a booster seat I'll be getting a Vette because it will be appropriate for me. So you and the others who find it appropriate to try and call me out because I'm a Chevy fan on a Chevy based car forum can go pick on someone who gives a damn.

Old 10-28-2012, 12:33 PM   #26

Drives: 2011 Z06, 2004 Cobra, 1991 MR2Turbo
2 of my friends have 2013s. Rode and drove them. Will post my thoughts and pics later.

Cliff notes
Looks good on paper (puts down impressive numbers obviously) but lacks the intangibles...
Old 10-28-2012, 01:29 PM   #27
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
The only reason the GT R is a "beast" is simply the AWD. It's heavy and at 545 HP it barely makes more power than a Z06. Problem with a Z06 (and ZR1 for that matter) is getting the power to the ground. Corvettes, even the base model, are horifically traction limited. Try shifting into 2nd in a Z06 on a hard acceleration and you'll easily brake the tires loose...........easily. That won't happen in a GT R.

Not distrespecting the GT R. It is a great car. A true decendant of the Skyline which we sadly never got here in the US other than grey market imports. But it's claim to fame is the AWD. Without that it's essentially a ZL1 or GT500 competitor (3818 pounds even from Nissan's website)
Old 10-29-2012, 07:56 AM   #28
Caitlin&Caroline

Drives: '11 2SS IOM/IO A6, '06 Outback Ltd
All I know is, I wouldn't kick it out of bed.