Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 08-17-2009, 07:28 PM   #29
rays
V6 - It just isn't normal

Drives: 2010 2LT M6, F250 7.3L Diesel
Quote:
Originally Posted by scrming View Post
Right on Scrming!

One would hope with all the information out there that the ignorance would be cured by now. I guess some things (you know what word I'm thinking of here) you just can't fix.

2LT RS M6 RJT Black leather
4/29/2009 Ordered
6/24 6000 Delivered
rays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:48 PM   #30
trudawg660

Drives: 2006 Dodge Charger / 2SS IOM
v8's are the american way......u didnt know that
trudawg660 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 07:50 PM   #31
jeansonne627

Drives: 2010 Camaro V6 RS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
People who bought the V8 have a certain expectation. Those that settled for the V6 are just happy to have one. Period.
People with a V6 have a certain expectation....we expect to take a delivery of a 21st century musclecar with dramatic styling and one of the most technologically advanced engines available for under 30K. We expect 29 MPG highway....we expect 304 hp out of 3.6 L...and we expect to be criticized by people who can't see it's potential..so go post in the V8 forum how u smoked the elderly lady in the buick lesabre last night...but u probably expected that
jeansonne627 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2009, 09:31 PM   #32
GM4LIFE
*KissMySS*13 my other 1/2

Drives: 1986 Pontiac Fiero SE
i didnt settle for a V6 i chose it over the V8 because it was just a more practical choice for me. The 2LT RS looks close to the same as the SS model, and im driving a 2010 camaro thats about $6000 cheaper than the 2SS RS. Im not going to be racing my car, just going up and down the highway. lol anyways.. The V6 perks: cheaper insurance, better fuel mileage, cheaper purchase price, cant go wrong in my book.
GM4LIFE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 06:44 AM   #33
lostinvt
Serial #589!

Drives: 2010 2RS/SS
GN4LIFE....
I agree totally! My 2LT is great, it's got plenty of get-up and go, I'm not praying every time I need to get onto the highway...and the insurance went down from my 2003 BMW....
lostinvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 08:08 AM   #34
ElAntonius

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1SS A6
I'm perfectly happy with my L99, y'know :P.

And there are plenty of people on this site that have posted that they wished they had the V8.

For the most part, a lot of unhappy V8 owners are experiencing a full on collision with unrealistic expectations, and I imagine a lot of unhappy V6 owners are simply feeling buyer's remorse.

Frankly, they are both, in my humble opinion, best in class in their respective categories. I would not be ashamed to drive ANY Camaro.
Old 08-18-2009, 08:13 AM   #35
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
You're seeing the complaints of two or 3 people. The majority of the L99s RIP!
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 09:57 AM   #36
SilverIce1
Silver Ice

Drives: 2010 SIM 2LT Automatic
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSOOCH View Post
People who bought the V8 have a certain expectation. Those that settled for the V6 are just happy to have one. Period.
This individual is certainly not representative of the majority. In fact, he deserves our pity and compassion.

At the great urinal of life, he obviously suffers from T.D.D. and therefore must have bigger things to show off in public. Many people feel a need to compensate with outward extravagance for hidden inadequacies.

Perhaps, if we could help him feel better about himself he wouldn't make ASSumptions that miss the broadside of the barn and then become a valuable member of this forum.
SilverIce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:03 AM   #37
calflan

Drives: 1LT; IBM; 6 Spd Manual
Quote:
Originally Posted by SilverIce1 View Post
This individual is certainly not representative of the majority. In fact, he deserves our pity and compassion.

At the great urinal of life, he obviously suffers from T.D.D. and therefore must have bigger things to show off in public. Many people feel a need to compensate with outward extravagance for hidden inadequacies.

Perhaps, if we could help him feel better about himself he wouldn't make ASSumptions that miss the broadside of the barn and then become a valuable member of this forum.

SilverIce with the SilverTongue ... or Silver Keyboard
1LT; Airaid CAI; Flowmaster American Thunder Axelback; Int Floor Lts; RS Spoiler; Radio Controls; Sequential tail lights; Oil Catch Can; VMAX Throttle Body; MACE plenum spacer; Mace manifold insulator[/I]
calflan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:29 AM   #38
viper1cobra
Member Club Elite #131

Drives: 2017 50th Anniversary H50 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM4LIFE View Post
i didnt settle for a V6 i chose it over the V8 because it was just a more practical choice for me. The 2LT RS looks close to the same as the SS model, and im driving a 2010 camaro thats about $6000 cheaper than the 2SS RS. Im not going to be racing my car, just going up and down the highway. lol anyways.. The V6 perks: cheaper insurance, better fuel mileage, cheaper purchase price, cant go wrong in my book.
Very well stated. I feel the same way.
viper1cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 10:34 AM   #39
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
I changed my order from a 2LT to a 2SS, not because gas is now cheaper, or because it is not a daily driver for me or because it is enviromentally better...but because I am 37 and going through a mid-life crisis and I wanted something that would add excitement to my otherwise mundane existence.

<Start Sermon>

Bottom line is we are all infinitely different, and for a brief moment we get to decide on a V6 or V8, Auto or Manual. But in the end, doesnt that fact that we all chose a Camaro the single point that brings us all together?

<End Sermon>
Old 08-18-2009, 11:13 AM   #40
scrming
Red Brick of Vengeance!

Drives: 12 Second Brick
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I changed my order from a 2LT to a 2SS, not because gas is now cheaper, or because it is not a daily driver for me or because it is enviromentally better...but because I am 37 and going through a mid-life crisis and I wanted something that would add excitement to my otherwise mundane existence.

<Start Sermon>

Bottom line is we are all infinitely different, and for a brief moment we get to decide on a V6 or V8, Auto or Manual. But in the end, doesnt that fact that we all chose a Camaro the single point that brings us all together?

<End Sermon>
EXACTLY!
scrming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:06 PM   #41
Cmlloveless

Drives: 2010 2SS RS
Wow what a bunch of sensative babies!! People take things so personaly... This is a forum with people most of you have never met and will probly never meet! Get over it! It's not like the other person was in your face and personaly insulting all of you!! People have their opinions... Get used to it and stop acting like it was directed toward you personaly!!
Cmlloveless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2009, 02:11 PM   #42
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cmlloveless View Post
Wow what a bunch of sensative babies!! People take things so personaly... This is a forum with people most of you have never met and will probly never meet! Get over it! It's not like the other person was in your face and personaly insulting all of you!! People have their opinions... Get used to it and stop acting like it was directed toward you personaly!!
But since these ARE insults directed at us personally, we're allowed to respond, right?
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
MontyCarlo is offline   Reply With Quote