Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-07-2010, 03:11 PM   #1
TXGooch21

Drives: CGM 2SS/RS
Fun Driving Day

So here is a little story of a fun driving day I had on the way back to DFW from The Woodlands this past weekend.

I was heading north on 45 and ended up catching a mustang and BMW 335 that were passing everyone on the road, just as I had been since I hit the highway. We were all staying together in a tight pack moving along quickly through traffic, then I look in my rearview mirror and there is a nice silver Corvette on my tail....we ended up in triple digit mph a few times taking over the road passing each other a few times back and forth. This was my first real fun group driving experience and seeing how my beast would dominate some other cars at highway speeds, good times!!

I didn't think it was possible, but after that fun drive I am more in love with my Camaro!

I can't wait to hear the beast roar when I order my exhaust and get a tune done....the anticipation is killing me.

2010 Camaro SS FTW!!
Old 06-07-2010, 04:38 PM   #2
Il BLaZe l1

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS VR
^ sounds like it was fun. stuff like that makes road trips more entertaining for sure.
Il BLaZe l1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 04:46 PM   #3
REDGEM

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2010 Camaro SS/RS
You are fortunate they wanted to play! They tend to tuck in behind me and hope like hell the red camaro gets busted instead of them!
REDGEM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2010, 05:38 PM   #4
Shuffler
God Bless Dawson

Drives: Synergy for my Daughter
The H-Town Camaro Club was at the Woodlands C&C Sunday morning before our road trip. Some of us always make it there the first Sunday of every month.
Old 06-07-2010, 05:42 PM   #5
DustinK

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by TXGooch21 View Post
So here is a little story of a fun driving day I had on the way back to DFW from The Woodlands this past weekend.

I was heading north on 45 and ended up catching a mustang and BMW 335 that were passing everyone on the road, just as I had been since I hit the highway. We were all staying together in a tight pack moving along quickly through traffic, then I look in my rearview mirror and there is a nice silver Corvette on my tail....we ended up in triple digit mph a few times taking over the road passing each other a few times back and forth. This was my first real fun group driving experience and seeing how my beast would dominate some other cars at highway speeds, good times!!

I didn't think it was possible, but after that fun drive I am more in love with my Camaro!

I can't wait to hear the beast roar when I order my exhaust and get a tune done....the anticipation is killing me.

2010 Camaro SS FTW!!
Sounds like fun!
A group of friends rents a house down along the Outer Banks in NC every summer. On my way back last year I had a very similar experience driving through VA with a BMW and a 350Z. The fun broke up just in time since about a mile down the road there were 2 cop cars sitting along the onramp... I certainly don't advocate driving dangerously - we were on a nice wide road with very little traffic. Still wasn't smart, for sure, but it was still fun
DustinK is offline   Reply With Quote