Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-08-2010, 10:47 PM   #1
Burnt_RS

Drives: '10 1LT/RS
GM cancelled my accessory order

I had the accessory 4-pack gauges on order through my dealer (who is not at fault at all in this, they have been very helpful). I was notified the other day, by my dealer, that my order had been removed by GM. Can they do that? After talking with my dealer about the reasoning for the cancellation, there was no concrete reason but thought it might have to due with 2011 production using up lots of these gauges. My dealer is still waiting to hear back from GM as to the real reason for the cancelled order, so I am patiently waiting for the line of BS that they give my dealer. What should I do? Anyone else have this happen to them?

If GM wants to sell parts then they better deal with this soon, because they are going to make one unhappy customer very soon. The accessory gauges were listed, so I ordered them, then the order was cancelled. What kind of message is this sending to the consumer? Especially with no explanation...

Is this something that, dare I say it, Ford or Chrysler would do? I doubt it. Lets go GM, I want my gauges...
Burnt_RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:01 PM   #2
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
That sucks... why didn't you go here to buy em? http://chevypartsplus.com/index.php/...-c-1_2441_2594

I believe they're much cheaper than the ones on the GM site. They canceled your order but they didn't charge you right? Or did they keep the money?
Old 06-08-2010, 11:10 PM   #3
~Stacy~
Banned

Drives: Car
Gmpartsdirect.com! I ordered my exhaust, subs, tails, and grille through them. Everything came within 2 weeks and I was a happy camper. I saved ALOT of money but then spent the extra money giving back to the dealership for their labor for me I just ordered a few parts thru the gmhouse and I'm hoping that everything turns out good since I'm a new customer
~Stacy~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:11 PM   #4
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Contact one of the forum dealer "regulars". They'll give it to you straight.

CamaroScotty
little_bank_robber (Anna)
BeckyD@RodgersChevrolet
Old 06-08-2010, 11:13 PM   #5
Burnt_RS

I need the CDN set, for kph, so the ones on that site don't work for me. Thanks tho.

No, they didn't charge me up front for the gauges. My dealer gives me a good price, they aren't charging me list price.
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #6
trm0002
VIN #2G1FT1EW6A9100074

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS RJT VIN 00074
Send a message via AIM to trm0002
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt_RS View Post
I need the CDN set, for kph, so the ones on that site don't work for me. Thanks tho.

No, they didn't charge me up front for the gauges. My dealer gives me a good price, they aren't charging me list price.
Can't you just divide everything by .6 in your head on the fly?

Last edited by trm0002; 06-08-2010 at 11:26 PM.
trm0002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2010, 11:16 PM   #7
danifox
Gulf Coast Camaro Family

Drives: Rally Yellow Camaro Soon...
Quote:

OHHHH fuzz, you live in the motherland Canada... that stinks.
Old 06-09-2010, 10:32 AM   #8
Burnt_RS

Anyone know where else to order the gauges for kph? Im hoping GM will allow my dealer to place the order again.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:11 AM   #9
GaryTucker

Drives: 09 Vette GT1, 06 350Z, 82 MSE
GM will cancel orders that may have been "hanging" for awhile. Not sure if you are in that boat. Usually the order goes production, replacement parts (warranty), non-replacement part orders. The first two can switch places depending on the item-I've seen GM pull an LS engine out of the production queue to take care of a car with a blown motor in a service department.
GaryTucker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:43 AM   #10
Burnt_RS

Im not sure if my order was 'hanging' for long. The order was in for around a week I believe. Then it was cancelled without notification or reasoning to the dealer.
Old 06-09-2010, 11:45 AM   #11
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Quote:
Anyone know where else to order the gauges for kph? Im hoping GM will allow my dealer to place the order again.
I ordered mine just after I ordered my car (1SS) but didnt realise the stock guages WILL NOT WORK unless you can find the adpater harness (It does NOT come with one from GM!) I paid $660.00 (included the entire consol, gauges, traction switch and acc plug. The adapter harness goes from the gauges into the main harness near the E-Brake.

Luckily I found a guy here on the forum who was able to make me that adapter harness, used the plug from the stock gauges and they work fine!

For some reason you can order the "Kit" in the USA which does come with that adapter harness, but you cannot order the KIT here in Canada, nor will anyone sell you just the harness from GM..trust me I scoured for several weeks, even calling GM and talking to everyone short of the CEO!
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 11:58 AM   #12
Burnt_RS

This is the part number for the V6 M6 kph (92247190) with list price at $529.82+ taxes. It has been verified through 3 dealers as an accessory kit, not a replacement part for 2LT or 2SS cars. This might be the difference between what you ordered and what Im trying to order, or is it?
Old 06-09-2010, 12:44 PM   #13
sask-man
Sask-man from Sask

Drives: 2010 1SSRS M6 Black of course!
Now I could be wrong but as far as I know the KIT is NOT available in Canada. It may be in the catalogue but will not be sold from when I talked to GM. They have NO future sale date for it.

The kit will come as seperate pieces. The Trim, then the 4 gauages, and the special "T" harness. You will have to reuse your traction control switch, accessory plug and the harness from those. You will have to find a way to secure the gauges to the trim piece (most use pull ties) That also seemed high for the KIT as most in the states are selling for almost $200 less than that.

I hope you can get it, but for some reason Canada seems to be off the loop on this item
sask-man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2010, 04:50 PM   #14
REDGEM

Drives: Red Jewel Tint 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Many car/truck assembly plants will do a "help out" to make sure that a down vehicle receives a critical part by moving a production unit backward. This is usually done when all other option have failed and all dealers have been culled by the service division just in case they purchased the part and have it on their shelf. The opposite is true when the plant runs dry on parts that service parts has stockpiled in their warehouses. Service parts does a help out for the plant. That is just good business. This might have caused your issue. Dealers have to put a special flag on parts that are causing car/truck down situations. If the part is not in that category, then perhaps GM pulled all available parts from service and their vendor to fill their line volumes needed to keep from doing retrofits after build.

Okay, and it could also have been a fat fingered mistake! It serves no purpose to the business unit to cancel orders for no reason.
REDGEM is offline   Reply With Quote