Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Photos | Spyshots | Video | Media Gallery

Old 04-21-2011, 03:05 PM   #1219
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockin the BlueSS View Post
thats cool we all got our opinions... but just so you know the bowtie on my car is IBM... well the outside is and the inside is flat black... thats kinda why i like the black and blue idea it brings in the contrast and makes people go "o ya its not black" kinda like you cant tell you have a blue suit on until you stand next to a guy that as a black suit on...

i do like the clean look, though i like making mine different yours or any one else...
I think that would look cool.

My splitter and the center of the diffuser is satin black. I wish I had painted my side skirts the same black, instead of IBM, I think it would have really tied everything together.
Old 04-21-2011, 03:47 PM   #1220
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajp View Post
I think that would look cool.

My splitter and the center of the diffuser is satin black. I wish I had painted my side skirts the same black, instead of IBM, I think it would have really tied everything together.
ya that would have been cool! or done them all gunmetal like your rims, that would look great.

how much lower is your nose of the car with your splitter? and are you lowered?
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 04:05 PM   #1221
SSBUSDRVR

Drives: '11 2SS/RS IBM/BLK M6
Quote:
Did they throw in the Cruze as an incentive to buy the Camaro SS?

You also need to delete the "coming soon" part of your signature!!

Congrats on getting a great car. I guess that should be "cars".
Thanks LOL Yeah it was a Freebie LOL Could have been another Camaro but it's a little too much for the daughter. She loves the Cruze and will be driving it quite a bit .

Car looks great Rockin the BlueSS.Black does appear to contrast nice with IBM Just more a fan here personally of Gloss Colors and/or Black Chrome. If you end up doing what you want Maybe go with some black wheels as well. Should go great with the changes you want to make. Good luck with it. Look forward to some pix when it's done.

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
SSBUSDRVR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:00 PM   #1222
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Thanks LOL Yeah it was a Freebie LOL Could have been another Camaro but it's a little too much for the daughter. She loves the Cruze and will be driving it quite a bit .

Car looks great Rockin the BlueSS.Black does appear to contrast nice with IBM Just more a fan here personally of Gloss Colors and/or Black Chrome. If you end up doing what you want Maybe go with some black wheels as well. Should go great with the changes you want to make. Good luck with it. Look forward to some pix when it's done.

My daughter just got a Cruze also. An IBM RS LT!!! Same color as dad's car...like father, like daughter...

Best thing about it is she got her own financing, and I'm not on the hook for a penny!!!
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 05:48 PM   #1223
D Day Dog

Drives: 2011 1SS Imperial Blue Metallic
Sweet. It's cool when your kid takes after their old man and buys something exactly or similar to what we have...
D Day Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 06:20 PM   #1224
ajp
50th Anniversary Vert

Drives: Camaro 2017 50th Anniversary
Quote:
ya that would have been cool! or done them all gunmetal like your rims, that would look great.

how much lower is your nose of the car with your splitter? and are you lowered?
The splitter ~1.5 inches lower, I would like to lower the car, but that is asking for trouble.

Waiting to see what SLP comes out with (splitter-wise), I may swap them out and lower the car...will give me a chance to redo the sides at the same time
Old 04-21-2011, 06:31 PM   #1225
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
My daughter just got a Cruze also. An IBM RS LT!!! Same color as dad's car...like father, like daughter...
Congrats to her! Must think alike IBM was first choice of color but there were none to be found from where we are getting the Camaro. Parked behind a CRMT LT Cruze today and it sure did shine in the sun.
Quote:
Sweet. It's cool when your kid takes after their old man
Ask my wife what she thinks of that. LOL

ProCharger Stage II D1X Race ,Monster Triple,Alky Control Meth Inj, Forgestar F14 Drag Version and a bunch of other blah blah blah.838/688 at 12lbs Street Friendly
Old 04-21-2011, 08:33 PM   #1226
kmm1412
The Bolt-On Beast

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS IBM w/CGM Stripes
[QUOTE=SSBUSDRVR;3124383]Congrats to her! Must think alike IBM was first choice of color but there were none to be found from where we are getting the Camaro. Parked behind a CRMT LT Cruze today and it sure did shine in the sun.

I bet it did!!! My daughter couldn't find any Cruze IBM RS's in stock anywhere when she was looking for one in the middle of March, insisted on that color, so she ordered one and had it in 3 weeks from the factory! Wish I had that same turnaround on my Camaro order!!! It is a nice little car that I would highly recommend to anyone looking for a car in that class. She absolutely loves it!!! She told me that they are discontinuing IBM on Cruzes for 2012. Wonder if that will be happening with the Camaro?
MODS - 1LE Track Pack Suspension Upgrade|Kooks Custom Stepped Headers & HFCs|Cold Air Inductions Black CAI|ADM Performance Scoop|Vmax IBM CNC Ported Throttle Body|Rx Extreme IBM Catch Can & Breather|Borla S-Type Catback Exhaust w/Solo J-pipes|IBM Heritage Grill|LG ZL1 10 Spoke Replica Wheels w/Goodyear Supercar G2 Tires|Z/TA Rear Spoiler|463RWHP/459RWTQ Tune by Dale Cherry

kmm1412 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2011, 09:22 PM   #1227
SSBUSDRVR

Quote:
I bet it did!!! My daughter couldn't find any Cruze IBM RS's in stock anywhere when she was looking for one in the middle of March
Yeah really like the RS Appearance pkg on the car it was a must have. Becky at Rodgers Chevy looked all over and couldn't find what we wanted(with IBM delayed No way to order right now either) but she found the next best thing and more.

Anyone have good closeup pictures on here of their IBM with RS Midnt Silver wheels?
That's whats on the 2SS Think it may look nice but seriously considering buying Black Chrome w the Core Charge. Found this searching the board.
What do you think with IBM?

Old 04-22-2011, 11:47 AM   #1228
Rockin the BlueSS
The New Guy

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS IBM M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSBUSDRVR View Post
Anyone have good closeup pictures on here of their IBM with RS Midnt Silver wheels?
That's whats on the 2SS Think it may look nice but seriously considering buying Black Chrome w the Core Charge. Found this searching the board.
What do you think with IBM?
My car has the midnight silver rims... there are a couple of pictures on the previous page... rally hard to tell the difference between the midnight silver and the standard silver rims unless they are right next to each other...
Rockin the BlueSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2011, 10:26 AM   #1229
69 Rebel

Drives: 2010 IBM 2SS/RS Auto
Quote:
hey guys i am thinking of some changes i want to make to the car...

i have the opportunity to get a spare hood for cheap, and i'm thinking paint the hoom a semi-flat black and a semi flat splitter with some semi-flat forgestar F14 what do you guys think? got any pictures of something similar? i have some semi-flat bowties and taillight trim and i think the contrast looks good.

and just because i love IBM here are some pics of the car:

I would say paint stripes on the hood rather than the whole hood. You can't go wrong with F14's to match. That's the look i am going for also, ordering my F14 gunmetal grey to match my hood stripes.

P.S. Those rear light bezels look great where did you purchase them from?