Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 12-19-2014, 12:19 PM   #43
45thAnniversary2SS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manbearpig View Post
Guys,

I know this was upsetting, hell I was upset but I think a crucial element is being missing here.

Sony Pictures was hacked earlier this week by a Korean group, I can't remember the name (some psuedo-anonymous bullshit) but reportedly they stole a great deal of very personal information, including employee payrolls, SSNs, and work schedules among other things.

The group issued a list of demands to prevent the release of a "Christmas gift". One of those demands were that the movie be pulled. I think this was less about America and more about protecting its' employees. Was it dumb? Sure you can argue that Sony should have better defenses to combat threats like this, but anyone who's worked in the IT or security field can attest that it isn't a matter of if, it's a matter of when.
Exactly. It was a financially driven decision. Afraid of future leaks/lawsuits.

I agree it was spineless and I highly doubt the govt (BI-PARTISAN govt btw) had anything to do with it.

EDIT: POTUS actually just made a statement against it.

Sony 'made a mistake' pulling film, Obama says:
http://politicslive.cnn.com/Event/Pr...ence?hpt=hp_t1

Last edited by 45thAnniversary2SS; 12-19-2014 at 01:35 PM.
45thAnniversary2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:42 PM   #44
Dizzy82

Drives: 2011 1LT/RS A6 RJT SuperCharged
Wasn't planning on seeing it anyway.
BMR sub frame brace, BMR tunnel brace, LSR sways, LSR CM ca & tl, Sphon ExD el, GM tower brace, Megan EZ Streets, Goodridge Stainless Steel Braided brake lines, PowerStop D/S rotors & pads, Doug Thorty Ceramic Shorties, Magnaflow x-pipe, MRT V2.0, KICKER PowerStage sub & amp, Infinity speakers & tweeters, Viteese Throttle Controller, Viteese Paddle Shifters, ACS T2 Splitter, ACS T2 Ports/Quad LED lights, VDI kit, Havoc diffuser, IPF ECU/TRANS tuned, IPF/KPE Supercharged. 364RWHP/297RWTQ
Dizzy82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 12:54 PM   #45
Mr.Jgunn65

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2/SS
Preeaaacchh, my brother!
Mr.Jgunn65 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2014, 01:01 PM   #46
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dizzy82 View Post
Wasn't planning on seeing it anyway.
Good point. It did look like a horrible movie, but that is beside the point.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:49 PM   #47
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Maybe we can convince the Koreans to threaten Sony again unless they give up the Spiderman movie rights back to Marvel...
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 01:18 PM   #48
xc_SS/RS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartan01 View Post
What if, just what if, this is all a big CIA led conspiracy?

Think about it? Rogen and Franco as makeshift assassins?
What if the CIA already had a strategy in place to get Dennis Rodman to do just that? Then the CIA hears about this movie, and they are like "Shut Up! You are going to blow our operation!"

Not a conspiracy theorist myself but that would be so funny if that's actually the case.
Z/28 intake, NW, FAST 102, speed engineering LT's, some exhaust, ATI -10% pulley, GM flex fuel injectors, DSX flex fuel sensor, MGW shifter, HP Tuners, some suspension work, stickers and a little weight loss. 12.63 @113.53
xc_SS/RS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 03:02 PM   #49
CamaroSpike23
Truth Enforcer

Drives: anything I can get my hands on
Send a message via Yahoo to CamaroSpike23
Quote:
What if, just what if, this is all a big CIA led conspiracy?

Think about it? Rogen and Franco as makeshift assassins?
What if the CIA already had a strategy in place to get Dennis Rodman to do just that? Then the CIA hears about this movie, and they are like "Shut Up! You are going to blow our operation!"
Originally Posted by BowtieGuy View Post
Nobody makes CamaroSpike happy. You just disgust him a little less than other people.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WheelmanSS View Post
Post count is truly an accurate measure of how cool someone is on the Internet.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg Norris View Post
I piss excellence
and fart awesomeness
"You can think I'm wrong, but that's no reason to quit thinking.”
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overflow View Post
But not all people were born awesome like you, Spike.
CamaroSpike23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 04:28 PM   #50
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I just saw this on Yahoo news....

North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
Associated Press
Eric Tucker, Associated Press 26 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- North Korea experienced sweeping and progressively worse Internet outages extending into Monday, with one computer expert saying the country's online access is "totally down." The White House and the State Department declined to say whether the U.S. government was responsible.

President Barack Obama said Friday the U.S. government expected to respond to the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., which he described as an expensive act of "cyber vandalism" that he blamed on North Korea. Obama did not say how the U.S. might respond, and it was not immediately clear if the Internet connectivity problems represented the retribution. The U.S. government regards its offensive cyber operations as highly classified.

"We aren't going to discuss, you know, publicly operational details about the possible response options or comment on those kind of reports in anyway except to say that as we implement our responses, some will be seen, some may not be seen," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said.

North Korea has forcefully denied it was responsible for hacking into Sony. But the country has for months condemned the "The Interview," a Sony satirical comedy about a plot to assassinate the North Korean leader. Sony canceled plans to release the movie after a group of hackers made terroristic threats against theaters that planned to show it.

North Korean diplomat Kim Song, asked Monday about the Internet attack, told The Associated Press: "I have no information."

Doug Madory, the director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research, an Internet performance company, said Monday the problems began over the weekend and grew progressively worse to the point that "North Korea's totally down."

North Korea is one of the least connected in the world. Few North Koreans have access to computers, and even those who do are typically able to connect only to a domestic intranet. Though North Korea is equipped for broadband Internet, only a small, approved segment of the population has any access to the World Wide Web. More than a million people, however, are now using mobile phones in North Korea. The network covers most major cities but users cannot call outside the country or receive calls from outside.

With the current outages, Madory said, "They have left the global Internet and they are gone until they come back."

Another Internet technology service, Arbor Networks, which protects companies against hacker attacks, said its monitoring detected denial-of-service attacks aimed at North Korea's infrastructure starting Saturday and persisting Monday. Such attacks transmit so much spurious data traffic to Internet equipment that it becomes overwhelmed, until the attacks stop or the spurious traffic can be filtered and discarded to allow normal connections to resume.

Madory said one benign explanation for the problem might be that a router suffered a software glitch, though a cyber-attack involving North Korea's Internet service was also a possibility. Routing instabilities are not uncommon, but instead of getting better, as one might expect, "it's getting worse, getting progressively degraded," Madory said.

"This doesn't fit that profile," of an ordinary routing problem, he said. "This shows something getting progressively worse over time."
Old 12-22-2014, 07:10 PM   #51
45thCamaro

Drives: 2012 Camaro 45th Anniversary RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I just saw this on Yahoo news....

North Korea experiencing severe Internet outages
Associated Press
Eric Tucker, Associated Press 26 minutes ago
WASHINGTON (AP) -- North Korea experienced sweeping and progressively worse Internet outages extending into Monday, with one computer expert saying the country's online access is "totally down." The White House and the State Department declined to say whether the U.S. government was responsible.

President Barack Obama said Friday the U.S. government expected to respond to the hacking of Sony Pictures Entertainment Inc., which he described as an expensive act of "cyber vandalism" that he blamed on North Korea. Obama did not say how the U.S. might respond, and it was not immediately clear if the Internet connectivity problems represented the retribution. The U.S. government regards its offensive cyber operations as highly classified.

"We aren't going to discuss, you know, publicly operational details about the possible response options or comment on those kind of reports in anyway except to say that as we implement our responses, some will be seen, some may not be seen," State Department spokeswoman Marie Harf said.

North Korea has forcefully denied it was responsible for hacking into Sony. But the country has for months condemned the "The Interview," a Sony satirical comedy about a plot to assassinate the North Korean leader. Sony canceled plans to release the movie after a group of hackers made terroristic threats against theaters that planned to show it.

North Korean diplomat Kim Song, asked Monday about the Internet attack, told The Associated Press: "I have no information."

Doug Madory, the director of Internet analysis at Dyn Research, an Internet performance company, said Monday the problems began over the weekend and grew progressively worse to the point that "North Korea's totally down."

North Korea is one of the least connected in the world. Few North Koreans have access to computers, and even those who do are typically able to connect only to a domestic intranet. Though North Korea is equipped for broadband Internet, only a small, approved segment of the population has any access to the World Wide Web. More than a million people, however, are now using mobile phones in North Korea. The network covers most major cities but users cannot call outside the country or receive calls from outside.

With the current outages, Madory said, "They have left the global Internet and they are gone until they come back."

Another Internet technology service, Arbor Networks, which protects companies against hacker attacks, said its monitoring detected denial-of-service attacks aimed at North Korea's infrastructure starting Saturday and persisting Monday. Such attacks transmit so much spurious data traffic to Internet equipment that it becomes overwhelmed, until the attacks stop or the spurious traffic can be filtered and discarded to allow normal connections to resume.

Madory said one benign explanation for the problem might be that a router suffered a software glitch, though a cyber-attack involving North Korea's Internet service was also a possibility. Routing instabilities are not uncommon, but instead of getting better, as one might expect, "it's getting worse, getting progressively degraded," Madory said.

"This doesn't fit that profile," of an ordinary routing problem, he said. "This shows something getting progressively worse over time."
QUICK!! While there Internet is down!!! Sony release the movie for online viewing this week only then take it down and we can all be like, man if only NK let us see that movie! I feel bad for the actor who played the part of KJU. Talk about needing to lay low for a while....
45thCamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 08:41 PM   #52
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 45thCamaro View Post
QUICK!! While there Internet is down!!! Sony release the movie for online viewing this week only then take it down and we can all be like, man if only NK let us see that movie! I feel bad for the actor who played the part of KJU. Talk about needing to lay low for a while....
KJUcalls Tech support...,
Attached Images

Old 12-22-2014, 09:09 PM   #53

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
KJUcalls Tech support...,
It's the other way around....The guy on the left is from Sony....KJU IS the Tech support!!...lol....
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2014, 09:34 PM   #54
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 90503 View Post
It's the other way around....The guy on the left is from Sony....KJU IS the Tech support!!...lol....
No Korea is having internet problems and he is calling tech support so the whole country can get back online...
Old 12-23-2014, 07:40 AM   #55
Spartan01

Drives: Evil Eva, 2010 2SS LS3
I, for one, am sick of this BS.

They literally claim their leader is a GOD!?!?!?!

Anyone remember when his father played golf for the first time and got something like 16 holes in one?
If he is a God, literally a supreme being let's test this:
North Korea's Supreme "God" Leader
vs.
Ronda Rousey

What's the matter North Korea?
Chicken?
Are you telling me your Supreme Leader who is a God is scared to fight a 130 Lb. woman?!?!?!
Chicken!
Bawk! Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!

I have actually just started this twitter hash tag:
#NorthKoreanCoward

I invite all of you to chime in
Old 12-23-2014, 09:01 AM   #56
45thAnniversary2SS

Quote:
I, for one, am sick of this BS.

They literally claim their leader is a GOD!?!?!?!

Anyone remember when his father played golf for the first time and got something like 16 holes in one?
If he is a God, literally a supreme being let's test this:
North Korea's Supreme "God" Leader
vs.
Ronda Rousey

What's the matter North Korea?
Chicken?
Are you telling me your Supreme Leader who is a God is scared to fight a 130 Lb. woman?!?!?!
Chicken!
Bawk! Bawk! Bawk! Bawk!

I have actually just started this twitter hash tag:
#NorthKoreanCoward

I invite all of you to chime in
16 holes in one is a lot more believable than turning water into wine or parting a sea. This is basically how a religion is born. In a few thousand years those stories will morph into plenty of other crazy stories.

They worship Him, so He is a god.