Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Chevy Camaro vs...

Old 12-06-2013, 09:21 AM   #43
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Hmmm. Given the 3,900 pound weight and the LS3, the SS really is a Camaro with a back seat. Only slightly heavier. How did they do that?
Old 12-07-2013, 08:59 PM   #44
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
I like it, but why go after cars similar to the Charger SRT? Are those cars selling that well? I don't forsee this car making a big splash :\

P.S. Black out that ribbon
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:03 PM   #45
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post
I like it, but why go after cars similar to the Charger SRT? Are those cars selling that well? I don't forsee this car making a big splash :\

I'd pick the charger over the Chevy SS . Even though , I like the 2006-2010 chargers way better and the Chargers are selling well from what I see ! They're all over the place.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2013, 10:08 PM   #46
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
Originally Posted by BubbaSS View Post

It's not supposed to make a big splash, it will not be a big seller and was not planned to be. Anyway it will be a short lived model since GM is closing all their Holden plants in Australia in 2016.
Old 12-07-2013, 11:01 PM   #47
BubbaSS
WHAT RED LIGHT?!

Drives: 2011 Black Camaro 2SS/RS M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
It's not supposed to make a big splash, it will not be a big seller and was not planned to be. Anyway it will be a short lived model since GM is closing all their Holden plants in Australia in 2016.
We completely agree, because I said big splash as in big sale numbers, not as in turning heads in the market as you might have thought I meant.
2011 2SS/RS M6 BLACK - VARARAM NO TUNE INTAKE, MODDED AND PORTED TB, PORTED INTAKE MANIFOLD, VITESSE THROTTLE CONTROLLER, DOUG THORLEY LT'S, CATLESS, X-PIPE, 25" STAINLESS WORKS RETRO CHAMBERED MUFFLERS, CUSTOM 2.5" MANDREL BENT EXHAUST, RICHMOND 4.10 GEARS, CUSTOM CAM (231/242 @ 114LSA), MUSTANG DYNO TUNED BY TORQ, 20% CERAMIC TINTS, EIBACH PROKIT SPRINGS 1" DROP, HAWK PERFORMANCE CERAMIC BRAKES, NITTO INVO TIRES, HYDROCARBON TAIL LIGHT AND FOG LIGHT BEZELS BY EMBLEMPROS, METRA DASH KIT, JVC KW-AV71BT, PHOENIX GOLD iAMP GM1, PASSPORT QI45 - 450 RWHP 415 RWTQ
BubbaSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2013, 08:31 PM   #48
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
slingshot. i want to take your cars for a test drive too when i come down there .i am a nice guy too! lol
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 04:02 PM   #49
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by knitetrain05 View Post
You got me. They look like everything else on the road
Sorry but GM screwed up again. The SS could have been an awesome car, but it looks like a Malibu and will blend in with everything else on the road. I actually like the way the G8 GXP looks better (also LS3 in a 4 door sedan - and what the SS is based off of).

The rear view of the SS is the worst. Doesn't look like a performance car at all from the back.

Peformance wise - very similar to a Camaro SS. Weight is similar with the same engine.
SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2013, 06:01 PM   #50
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by SGOS252382 View Post
Sorry but GM screwed up again. The SS could have been an awesome car, but it looks like a Malibu and will blend in with everything else on the road. I actually like the way the G8 GXP looks better (also LS3 in a 4 door sedan - and what the SS is based off of).

The rear view of the SS is the worst. Doesn't look like a performance car at all from the back.

Peformance wise - very similar to a Camaro SS. Weight is similar with the same engine.
I like the Malibu more than any other four door GM has. The impala is ugly to me. The Chevy SS is just plain. The Malibu really like the Malibu from the side and back.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2013, 07:56 PM   #51
Trekkie

Drives: Toyota Camry Hybrid
Send a message via ICQ to Trekkie Send a message via AIM to Trekkie Send a message via MSN to Trekkie Send a message via Yahoo to Trekkie
I was pretty tempted when I heard about it but I'm hoping it looks better than it takes a picture
Trekkie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:24 PM   #52
SGOS252382

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS
I really do feel GM dropped the ball. Why did the make the car looks so bland? I absolutely hate the back of the car. It looks like a cheap rental car.
I can guarantee the SS will be a failure and be dropped after a couple years.

Austrailan 2013 Holden Commodore - almost the same but better looking.

SGOS252382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 01:29 PM   #53
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
Quote:
I really do feel GM dropped the ball. Why did the make the car looks so bland? I absolutely hate the back of the car. It looks like a cheap rental car.

So changing from a Holden badge to a Bowtie made the car uglier? What else is different?
Old 12-17-2013, 06:04 PM   #54
Frank in MD
Raining Blood

Drives: 2014 SS Performance Sedan
Quote:

WTF are you on about? That is the same car.... That is a Holden Commodore SSV, aka as a Chevrolet SS in the states.

BTW, nice prediction on the car being a failure and being gone in a few years. It will be gone in a few years b/c Holden is dead. It has to do w/ the Austrailan economy not the car itself.

BTW, GM isn't looking to sell a lot of them. Doing so will negatively impact their CAFE ratings. This is all about helping move product to the USA b/c the auto industry is dying down under. They aren't exporting many but they will sell every single one they export. I can back that statement up by saving, aside form auto enthusiast magazines and forums like these, where else have you even heard of this car?

Some folks aren't looking for a car that is as flashsy as the Stingray or the Camaro. Some folks want to blend in, it certainly attracts less attention from the man, that's for sure. Almost no one who sees this car in person knows what it is, and that can be appealing....

2014 SS Performance Sedan #2974 - Red Hot 2 - S/R. & Spare. Built 01/09/14 #238 of 291 as configured
Frank in MD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 12:18 PM   #55
Outlaw77

Drives: 2018 Charger SRT 392 F8 Green
I actually like the SS. Great option for a family. If this was out when I bought my Camaro I would have seriously considered an SS.
Outlaw77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2013, 01:44 PM   #56
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
The SS is almost exactly the car I'd be buying today if I was in the same family circumstances as I was back around late 1978/early 1979. V8, not flashy or showy, with good handling potential. (I bought a 2-door Malibu with the biggest available V8, all of 305/4-barrel)

Almost exactly? It would absolutely have to be available with a manual transmission (six speeds now vs four back then). And equipped no more than lightly with features I'd still never use.

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote