Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Closed Thread

Old 02-19-2010, 03:57 PM   #197
chevydrvr

Drives: fast.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blakout View Post
I'm not sure if my eyes are playing tricks on me here or not but... it looks like it does have a different grille than the production Camaros have. It's not the eggcrate-style one. It looks like it just has one bar vertically in the middle of the nose, and one horizontally going across the bumper. Here's a quick photoshop:

comments?
Maybe he's got something there, just look at DDA_Skull's sig!

Perfect match to me.
Old 02-19-2010, 03:58 PM   #198
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Hmmmmmmm, we rarely have the honor to hear from TRAN.....................yet 7 posts in this thread alone..................so far.

Me suspects he has an interest in this one........................just sayin'
Old 02-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #199
Buelligun

Drives: 2SSRS manual yellow black stripes
I hope it's the Z28....and I hope it's out soon!!
Old 02-19-2010, 04:02 PM   #200
Inspector 17
I love crepes

Drives: 2017 ZL1 NGM A10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Number 3 View Post
Hmmmmmmm, we rarely have the honor to hear from TRAN.....................yet 7 posts in this thread alone..................so far.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:03 PM   #201
Sheitskees

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS
Well the pictures do look the same if you just use your imagination and look at the newest pictures they found and the ones in the post above. You can clearly see that pillar across the center like it was in the pictures where it's outside that brick building. They did say the differences between the Z28 and SS would be noticeable, who knows, maybe this is what they meant.

Sheitskees.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #202
Scrappy Doo

Drives: Callaway Rogue
Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Every great spy goes around telling everyone what a great spy they are...
Old 02-19-2010, 04:05 PM   #203
Sheitskees

Drives: 2006 Cobalt SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
However, the photos themself are questionable.

Without first hand knowledge of how the MILFORD proving grounds are set-up ( fenced to keep tresspassers out or not), those PHOTO's appeared to be taken within the confines of the track itself! (Optics don't lie)

Point? Simple, the images provided are in my opinion are staged to give the appearance from a distance and added effect of a "SPY PHOTO" to add to the mystic to make them more authentic!
You'd be surprised how advanced the camera tech. is these days. The guy who took this picture easily could've been standing on top of a truck looking over a fence with a high zoom optic on his camera, you can't judge the picture when you don't know the equipment being used...

Sheitskees.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:08 PM   #204
Tran
Administrator

Drives: 2010 Camaro of course....
Quote:
Originally Posted by thespymaster View Post
However, the photos themself are questionable.

Without first hand knowledge of how the MILFORD proving grounds are set-up ( fenced to keep tresspassers out or not), those PHOTO's appeared to be taken within the confines of the track itself! (Optics don't lie)

Point? Simple, the images provided are in my opinion are staged to give the appearance from a distance and added effect of a "SPY PHOTO" to add to the realism to make them more authentic!
Conspiracy theorist anyone? There's no need to have added the effect of a "Spy Photo" because they are spy photos. I received these images directly from the spy photographers who shot the images. And that's how I was able to relay that the car had a "blaring" exhaust and was only on the track for a few moments. Sorry, but your opinions are just that, opinions. The fact is -- whatever this car is, it was actually spied during track testing.

As for where the cameraman was during the shot, how do you know how far they actually were positioned for these shots? They may or may not have been in the confines of the track, but with the use of telephoto lenses (which spy photographers undoubtedly carry) they don't necessarily have to be within the confines of the track. In fact, the pics appear to have an exaggerated perspective (making closely located subjects even bigger and remotely located ones even smaller), a result usually associated with telephoto lenses.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:09 PM   #205
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:

And curiously, Number 3 posts but doesn't comment.

You know something........... You just ain't tellin'

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaropete View Post
Yup.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:12 PM   #206
Number 3
Hail to the King baby!

Drives: '19 XT4 2.0T & '22 VW Atlas 2.0T
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tran View Post
Conspiracy theorist anyone? There's no need to have added the effect of a "Spy Photo" because they are spy photos. I received these images directly from the spy photographers who shot the images. And that's how I was able to relay that the car had a "blaring" exhaust and was only on the track for a few moments. Sorry, but your opinions are just that, opinions. The fact is -- whatever this car is, it was actually spied during track testing.

As for where the cameraman was during the shot, how do you know how far they actually were positioned for these shots? They may or may not have been in the confines of the track, but with the use of telephoto lenses (which spy photographers undoubtedly carry) they don't necessarily have to be within the confines of the track. In fact, the pics appear to have an exaggerated perspective (making closely located subjects even bigger and remotely located ones even smaller), a result usually associated with telephoto lenses.
There are a few road sections at the Milford Proving Grounds that can be seen from the public roads. GM has taken care to plant trees and add burms where practicle. But the experienced photographers know the few remaining spots.

And since GM knows about these spots they don't take stuff on those sections of roads very often because they know they are likely to be photographed.

I could tell you a story about the craziness on one drive event when the C6s first went on the public roads. Lets just say the photographer was relentless to the point of endangering people....................and he was of the most famous of them all. They go to the limit to get you photos like these. So don't think this was some dude with his camera phone.

The above statement should not be interpretted of construed as some type of acknowledgement of the car in the photo. It would remain in the relm of speculation on everyones part.
Old 02-19-2010, 04:23 PM   #207
GTAHVIT
Blessed

Drives: 2013 Sonic RS MT
Quote:

The above statement should not be interpretted of construed as some type of acknowledgement of the car in the photo. It would remain in the relm of speculation on everyones part.
There's the Number 3 we all know and love...

Old 02-19-2010, 04:26 PM   #208
MontyCarlo

Drives: 2010 2LT/RS auto IBM
Quote:
There are a few road sections at the Milford Proving Grounds that can be seen from the public roads. GM has taken care to plant trees and add burms where practicle. But the experienced photographers know the few remaining spots.

And since GM knows about these spots they don't take stuff on those sections of roads very often because they know they are likely to be photographed.

I could tell you a story about the craziness on one drive event when the C6s first went on the public roads. Lets just say the photographer was relentless to the point of endangering people....................and he was of the most famous of them all. They go to the limit to get you photos like these. So don't think this was some dude with his camera phone.

LOL. So while you explain to us that there are certainly plausible scenarios that would lead to the pictures being taken, you can neither confirm nor deny that these pictures happen to have a car in them?

Oh, 3. 3, 3, 3. Ours is a love-hate relationship to be sure.
3. Yes, but the medication helps immensely.

2LT/RS IBM/gray #21,895 ordered April 21st, delivered July 3rd
Old 02-19-2010, 04:30 PM   #209
PQ
Booooosted.

Drives: 2010 Supercharged SS
Send a message via Yahoo to PQ
Quote:
Ok, guys. You got us. It's the Z-28 test car. But keep it quiet.

Old 02-19-2010, 04:33 PM   #210
Mike24

Drives: 2008 Chevy Avalanche,
Wow Waiting may not be such a bad thing

Closed Thread