Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 06-13-2013, 06:52 AM   #267
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:
Originally Posted by OzzySS View Post
Personally, I doubt it would ever get noticed during any warranty issues, unless they have to test said issue on a hill for some reason
That's what I was thinking. However, I wonder if a diagnostic code scan would show something even if it doesn't throw a light.
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 09:24 AM   #268
Norm Peterson
corner barstool sitter

Drives: 08 Mustang GT, 19 WRX
Exactly what sort of consequential wear or damage could possibly occur for which warranty coverage could be denied?

Norm
Norm Peterson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 01:01 PM   #269
2ss-booya

Drives: 2015 SS Sedan M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm Peterson View Post
Exactly what sort of consequential wear or damage could possibly occur for which warranty coverage could be denied?

Norm
I was being sarcastic...
2ss-booya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 03:25 PM   #270
Southern Comfort
No Tags/Habitual Violator

Drives: 2012 SIM 2SS/RS & z71
Quote:
Originally Posted by MPHS_AGM View Post
If my electronics experience serves me right, I think those are capacitors that you cracked open. The small chips to the right of the capacitors are likely the sensors. Note that they are positioned 90 degrees from each other. I am by no means an electronics expert, but I did stay at a holiday inn express last night!
The cans look like caps, but unless they have changed design in recent years caps contain a foil wrapped up like a fire cracker. Over load them and they explode like one too. All I see there is goo, so unless they removed the foil and insulator I suspect they are something else.
Southern Comfort is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2013, 10:25 PM   #271
MPHS_AGM

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE AGM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Southern Comfort View Post
The cans look like caps, but unless they have changed design in recent years caps contain a foil wrapped up like a fire cracker. Over load them and they explode like one too. All I see there is goo, so unless they removed the foil and insulator I suspect they are something else.
Last time my home HVAC capacitor blew up, it was full of goo and I didn't notice much metal in there. But then again they may be something else.
The accelerometer may be in the IC chip on the right of the picture.
2002 Z28 Navy Blue A4 [traded]
1996 Camaro V6 Black [traded]
MPHS_AGM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2013, 09:01 AM   #272
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
I replaced the sensor this weekend with the one from an automatic and am happy to say theat "HSA" is dead.

I opened up the old sensor and have some information for those who are interested.

1. the round cans in the upper left corner are actually 47uf electrolitic capacitors
2. The accelerometor is the large rectangular ic on the right halfway up. it is made by Murata Semiconductor. The model number is not specifically listed on their website which probabbly means that this one is a custom device for GM and not for sale to the general public.
3. The large square IC on the left is a Micro-controller from TI that handles all the serical communication from the module and the main controller.
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 02:29 PM   #273
silverds
2015 SS 6M

Drives: 2015 SS 6M
So it's been three weeks since the current HSA Disable method was discovered. Are there any updates as to how it's working?

Bearing in-mind that this is a sensor replacement and not a Control Module replacement, internally, GM is strongly discouraging the swapping of control modules because of complications that may arise due to the implementation of GM's Global A Electrical Architecture security features.

There is more information available than I can provide, however here is a GM TechLink Article on the subject.

Global A Electrical Architecture Security Overview

Does anyone know of any implications a sensor swap may or may not have?
Old 06-30-2013, 03:17 PM   #274
Firefighter

Drives: Black '13 2SS/RS/1LE w/NPP/NAV
I've been watching this thread for those very reasons. If it shakes out that there is no problem I'm doing this mod.
Firefighter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #275
93B4C

Drives: 2013 1SS Panther 1993 B4C
From what I've read in this thread;

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=300649

so far so good. I have the part, but haven't the had the time to do it yet between that silly little thing called life and and it being in the shop getting the steering rack replaced. Going back in first thing tomorrow morning, something in the coolant system let go and sprayed the front of the engine compartment.
93B4C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2013, 03:50 PM   #276
fgg60
Sweet Annie!! BRM

Drives: '13 2SS/RS 1LE BRM NPP CF5
Quote:
Originally Posted by silverds View Post
So it's been three weeks since the current HSA Disable method was discovered. Are there any updates as to how it's working?

Bearing in-mind that this is a sensor replacement and not a Control Module replacement, internally, GM is strongly discouraging the swapping of control modules because of complications that may arise due to the implementation of GM's Global A Electrical Architecture security features.

There is more information available than I can provide, however here is a GM TechLink Article on the subject.

I read the article and no mention of the Yaw Sensor.... It also sounds like the symptoms would appear almost immediately... I installed mine a week ago... not a single problem so far and no HSA !!

Old 06-30-2013, 10:43 PM   #277
BadAndy

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

My car has been working beautifully since replacing the sensor. It's nice not worrying about HSA screwing me up on a hill
BadAndy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 05:36 AM   #278
SSRS1LE

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS/1LE
Quote:

The Global Architecture Security is specific to the 7 primary control modules in the vehicle. Replacing any of the listed control modules would result in a no-start situation until the newly installed module is flashed to the VIN of the vehicle.

Luckily that does not apply to any of the multitude of sensors in the vehicle. It's been 24 days since my Yaw-Sensor install, with no issues.

Modifications: HSA Elimination - Cold Air Inductions Intake
Solo Performance Mach Cat Back - Skip-Shift Eliminator
SSRS1LE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2013, 06:27 AM   #279
One-Bad-ZL1
So easy to love Camaros

Drives: 2013 ZL1 VR #3457
Send a message via Yahoo to One-Bad-ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by fgg60 View Post
I read the article and no mention of the Yaw Sensor.... It also sounds like the symptoms would appear almost immediately... I installed mine a week ago... not a single problem so far and no HSA !!

I read it too and I agree. Also if you bought a new, never install component it should self learn from the car at startup. If the part was used and already keyed to another car's VIN then that is what the article seems to address. So buy only new and all will be good. Mine goes in this week.

fgg60 - missed you at the RICOA show this weekend. You must join us next year!
Old 07-02-2013, 10:03 AM   #280
bandit4008

Drives: 2012 SS
its been almost three weeks for me since i did the swap and there have not been any issues
bandit4008 is offline   Reply With Quote