Homepage Garage Wiki Register Community Calendar Today's Posts Search
#Camaro6
Go Back   CAMARO6 > CAMARO6.com General Forums > 2016+ Camaro: 6th Gen Camaro general forum

AWE Tuning

Old 04-25-2010, 01:54 PM   #253
Smokey&Bandit

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
I almost purchased the V6 for economic reasons and better gas mileage, then I thought why just because its convenient & popular thing to do. My dream was always to own a Sports Car since this is my 1st Sports car I decided I wanted to make it special. I wanted to seperate myself from the rest and draw the line. So I decided to go with the unpopular decision & went with the V8. The moment I 1st laid eyes on a particular Camaro I fell in love & it did'nt haveto say a word it picked me to be its owner. Theres was no hesitation this time, In my heart I feel I made the right decision, and in the future if the V8 goes extinct then I will keep the 5th Generation Camaro as a special collection for inspiration. Besides I have a second vehicle thats my beater car every day drive the Camaro is just my weekend joy ride the one I cheat with. I'm sure the next generation will be bring the same awe inspiring creativity to the new owners.
Smokey&Bandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:06 PM   #254
urbancamarofan

Drives: 2005 Dodge Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackieRay View Post
I hope the 2014 Camaro is similar styling in a smaller car. I also hope that if GM can't sell the car with a V8, then they design it so you can buy a 'drop-in' V8 package from GM Performance.

All this nonsense about V6s. You can build a V8 to be just as efficient as a V6 at the same horsepower. The difference is, the V8 will have more potential once the mods start.

BTW, vote against any politician who is pro-CAFE. Let them know you are going to do so. Tell them you will encourage everyone else to do so also. It does make a difference.
Got that right, except the globalists control both parties.
urbancamarofan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:43 PM   #255
danraz98

Drives: My Two Feet
Camaros/trans ams and corvette have been sharing the same engine for a while so my guess is that as long a the corvette continues to have a V8 then some version of the camaro will have it too just my guess
danraz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:44 PM   #256
danraz98

Drives: My Two Feet
That being said do you think they will ever bring pontiac back?
danraz98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 07:52 PM   #257
MG

Drives: 2011 Camaro
GM is investing $900 million into the next gen small block V8's. I have no doubt that the next Camaro will include one.
MG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2010, 08:08 PM   #258
FenwickHockey65
General Motors Aficionado

Drives: 2023 GMC Canyon, 2020 Colorado
Send a message via AIM to FenwickHockey65
Quote:
Originally Posted by danraz98 View Post
That being said do you think they will ever bring pontiac back?
Not in the near future.
Old 01-06-2011, 11:44 PM   #259
Berean

Drives: Truck
Any updates or rumors about the Alpha platform?
Berean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 05:39 AM   #260
GrandPrixGXP

Drives: Grand Prix GXP
Raining on my dream

I just love how I have my heart set on a Camaro 2LT 2012 model, and I'm saving as much money as possible to get it...and all of you guys are carrying on about how much the current Camaro sucks compared with something you haven't even seen, and of course, you continue to carry on about how a V6 is a piece of s#&t for a Camaro.

Maybe they'll come out with something the size of a Go Kart, and tell you it has a V-12 in it, and you'll all be happy in 2015??

Just change the cheap feel of the plastic on the interior of the 2012, and tell me when I can order mine, thank you.
GrandPrixGXP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 06:51 AM   #261
Lazerbrainz2k3

Drives: 2017 Camaro 2SS - M6, NPP, MRC
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrandPrixGXP View Post
Just change the cheap feel of the plastic on the interior of the 2012, and tell me when I can order mine, thank you.
With respect, I don't understand that sentiment either. The less time you spend feeling the plastic, the less likely you are to consider it "cheap." I for one don't spend much time caressing the interior, and no matter how Audi- or BMW-esque it may be it still won't help if my forehead gets banged into it in a collision, so that doesn't mean much - it's soft where it needs to be, in my opinion, anyway.
Lazerbrainz2k3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 AM   #262
Cam#7

Drives: 2011 2LT IBM / SIM stripe 6M
We'll be glad by the 2015 model year to just be driving a gas engine in a Camaro. I think the big 3 will stay true to pony cars with gas engines. I also think we'll see a V8 version of the 3.6 liter; 4.8 liter. The single cam / 2 valve engines will be gone.
Cam#7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 08:46 PM   #263
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cam#7 View Post
The single cam / 2 valve engines will be gone.
That's not likely. The Gen V V8s are said to be OHC, like the current LS-series.

They began working on a Cadillac-only Northstar V8 replacement...but cancelled it just before all the trouble started happening.
Old 01-07-2011, 09:16 PM   #264
mike25

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS
If the v6 can do what a v8 can do and then some with two less cylinders..then bring it on..you can't beat v8 sound, but you can beat the power
2LT/RS M6 CGM VIN#53104 SOLD

2012 Black 2SS/RS w/ Hurst-

Mods:
Corsa catback, SSE, Vararam
mike25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2011, 09:32 PM   #265
daveagogo1
TRI COUNTY TAMPA

Drives: 2011 1SS/RS VR/BLK A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmurphycardesign View Post
alright everyone, Im a designer for cadillac (i havent said so before because i dont want to be bugged about stuff i cant say..sorry) and i, am working on the alpha cadillac. now i obviously cant tell or say much..but what i can tell u is that the alpha platform is great! tight overhangs, good proportions, and yes ive seen how the camaro will look and it looks great! so much that as cool as it is to see it, at the same its a curse because i see mine (5th gen) and i see everything that looks wrong.... weight and size is much improved too, overall camaro goin onto alpha will only make the car better.. in all ways.
Everything that looks wrong? Really? That's pretty interesting considering the fact that i personally witnessed the utter shock and awe of the design of the new Camaro being unveiled. I also remember vividly sitting in the theatre watching Transformers and hearing and seeing the audience go insane when the new Camaro made it's appearance on screen. The design has won countless awards and acclaim worldwide. I guarantee many people bought this car simply for the looks of it.

You might see things you like on a 6th gen or even prefer but, i honestly believe the masses and myself see everything that is right about the 5th gen. I fell in love with this car the day it was unveiled and i have not stopped smiling since i drove mine off the lot DEC 31ST 2010. I waited a long time for this car for all the things i see right about it. Makes it even sweeter when i hit the pedal and hear that V8 growl, the front end lift a bit, the rear digs in and blam she is gone.

I damn near lost it when we were signing the papers. I put my wife and daughters first and rarely buy anything for myself. My wife told me i deserved this car and that i should have what i want, we can afford it and you only live once and tomorrow may never come.

I tell you what brother. I have not stopped smiling since i got this beast. Every single time i'm sitting at a light and i notice people staring at my ride i can't help but think this is the baddest ride on the road and she is all mine.

daveagogo1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2011, 08:48 AM   #266
chain777

Drives: Slow
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
That's not likely. The Gen V V8s are said to be OHC, like the current LS-series.

They began working on a Cadillac-only Northstar V8 replacement...but cancelled it just before all the trouble started happening.

I think you mean OHV.
chain777 is offline   Reply With Quote