Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 11-11-2013, 01:01 AM   #57
Liam
Tampa Bay Camaros

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS, Hyper Blue
Its a common combo. My first 5th Gen was a 2SS "NON" RS with white SS badges. It had leather, BT, gauges, etc, but did not have halos or color matching roof trim.
Liam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 09:36 AM   #58
christianchevell
old school chevy rodder

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS Manual,DM exhaust,CRT
I think you should look at the apex site for a box for your CAI tube that appears to be CAI brand, It appears your duplicate post the one with all my good advice was deleted, heres a pic of my CAI......and yes it has to fit in the slot the top on the box into the pinch type weld of the fender, I ordered mine with relocate for the washer fluid reservoir and the scoop which I used a dremel to cut out part of the fenderwell for. I would recommend that ITS PROBABLY A CAI and the two extra lines on it are form the zip ties holding the piece of rubber to cushion it over the hot radiator hose, and CAI does make the tubes in silver or black and chrome I believe is the cheapest as its not ceramic interior like mine. Also here is a link to the place that sells clean up kits for the engine bay which someone must have wanted to do............

http://www.techafx.com/catalog/19

Took these when I was doing some electrical work connecting to the battery terminal and found the box a good place to put a couple toggles.

Note the similar placement of the welded on port for the MAF sensor and the vacuum tube...............
Old 11-11-2013, 10:21 AM   #59
Oldag

Drives: 2013 2SS Convertible, LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by MedicalCowboy View Post
Have you ever seen a white ss that is a 2ss? No. The 2ss (red emblem) automatically gets the RS package. A red ss emblem means 2ss and a white ss emblem means 1ss. So in a way we are both right.
Yes I have. My 2SS. White SS emblem.

2SS does not automatically get the RS package.
Oldag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 10:42 AM   #60
Rocky1974

Drives: 2010 RJT 2SS M6 Camaro
Quote:
Have you ever seen a white ss that is a 2ss? No. The 2ss (red emblem) automatically gets the RS package. A red ss emblem means 2ss and a white ss emblem means 1ss. So in a way we are both right.
Yes, I've got one in my garage. They've been building these cars for 5 years now and we've still got people who can't get the basic stuff straight. 1SS has cloth seats, no gauges and some of the 2SS options like BA and Bluetooth can be ordered separately, but not the gauges. The only way to get the gauges is to order a 2SS or buy them across the counter. All the cars are pre-wired for them, so it's no big deal to add them. 2SS includes ALMOST everything. 2SS has heated leather, gauges, Bluetooth, steering wheel audio controls, etc, but NOT RS. RS is a STANDALONE option on all models(except the base v6, where it is not available)and is not included with ANYTHING.(except the ZL1, which does not have RS per se, but does have all the RS features as standard equipment) And red emblems mean RS and white emblems mean non-RS, but RS has ABSOLUTLY NOTHING to do with whither the car is a 1SS or 2SS.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.
Rocky1974 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 11:39 AM   #61
Goober
Account Suspended

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SixGracing View Post
I know the first thing I'd do with that car, lose the ugly dealer logo on your trunk. Tell him you'll keep it on there if he pays you a monthly fee for advertising. If not, scrap it. It's hideous. Great looking Camaro though. You'll love the car. I've had mine 3 years now and it still feels new when I get in it and when I drive it.
This.

The salesman where I bought my Camaro told me that they don't put any dealer stickers or front plate mounts on Camaros or Corvettes because they know people who buy these cars are enthusiasts and typically do not want this nonsense on their cars. If you want them to install the front plate bracket or put their dealer decal on the car they will but you have to ask.
Goober is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 05:01 PM   #62
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paint It Black View Post
1SS - 2SS -Red SS - White SS - RS - non RS ????

May I present my 2SS/RS with WHITE SS letters. I have leather seats, console gauges, halo lights, and painted roof moldings.

I never have been good at following rules.... Oh, yeah, and a sunroof too!
Your car doesn't count, it is a 2SS/RS. When it left the factory it had RED SS emblems. It now has AFTERMARKET RETRO SS emblems. They are ALL WHITE because they are RETRO and ALL the SS emblems were WHITE back in the day. Again, RED SS emblems mean RS and WHITE SS emblems mean non-RS. No exceptions. Has nothing to do with 1SS or 2SS and RS is a standalone option. it is NOT included with either 1SS or 2SS.
My car is a 2SS, non-RS. It has all the 2SS options plus the HID/Halo headlights and WHITE RETRO SS emblems, but I installed the headlights and the SS emblems myself, so, like yours mine doesn't count now. But, when the car was new it had halogen headlights, no halos, and the little WHITE modern SS emblems.
2010 RJT 2SS M6, Kooks Long Tubes, NPP Exhaust, CAI Cold Air w/Jannetty Scoop, RotoFab Washer Bottle, Elite Engineering Catch Can, MGW Shifter w/ZL1 Shaft and Knob, 2015 SS Sedan Steering Wheel and Air Bag, 2012 Heater Hose Conversion, 2012 Power Seat Conversion, RS Head Lights,Gen5DIY RS Conversion Harness, LED Fog Lamp Bulbs, Backup Camera Kit, NLP Spoiler, SLP Splitter, ZL1 Rockers and Diffuser, Color Matched Shark Fin, RS Roof Mouldings, Painted White Stripes, WCC LS3 Emblems, Heritage Grille and Blacked Out Tail Light Panel w/Retro SS Emblems, 416 RWHP, 411 RWT, Tuned by BlueCat.

Last edited by Rocky1974; 11-11-2013 at 09:52 PM.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:07 PM   #63
Rocky1974

Quote:
Then when I was selling these they told us the wrong information.
Now see.....If you'd have told us up front that you used to be a salesman, we'd have known not to pay any attention to you.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #64
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by djcfuzz View Post
After a little research it looks like it might be a K&N Cold Air intake:
http://b.cdnbrm.com/images/products/..._69-4519TP.jpg
You may be able to get just the shield.
I don't think it's a K&N because of the location of the PCV intake hose. K&Ns connect on the inside of the elbow and point rearward. CAIs connect on the outside of the elbow and point to the passenger side of the car, like the one in his picture. I think it's a CAI. I'd call CAI directly and see if they sell just the enclosure.
Old 11-11-2013, 05:57 PM   #65
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
lordy lordy. all this stuff about 1SS , rs, lt, etc. you know, yes, its confusing. again, why cant GM keep stuff simple and be done with it? i personally bought a 2LT NON RS couple weeks ago. i didnt want the RS because of the 20 inch summer only tires for midwest. i have 19 inch. i learned about about RS and NON RS cars over the summer. my car has the gauges, leather, HUD, etc, all part of the 2 series trims, either in LT or SS form. but, yes, its all confusing even 4 years from inception. if this many people get confused this far out from original inception, it needs to be simplified in the future. its shouldnt be this confusing.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 06:58 PM   #66
DarkObsession

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS2/LS3
Wow, lots of misinformation. A lot of this has been corrected but let me just say this:

I own a 2SS. It does NOT have the RS package. Yes, I specifically ordered it that way because I don't care one bit about the external looks and think the Camaro looks great whether with RS or without.

Yes, my 2SS has white SS badge on the trunk.

Yes, my 2SS has HUD AND the console gauge cluster.

Yes, my 2SS DOES have different sized tires for front and back (wider in back).

Yes, my 2SS DOES have the factory short throw shifter (again, specifically ordered that).

So yes, 2SS's DO exist that don't have RS. I own one
Old 11-11-2013, 08:08 PM   #67
SSweetride

Drives: 2012 Camaro 1SS/RS
Thanks for all the help ID-ing the intake, I checked with Apex and he said he couldn't tell what it was and that I could not get just a box/shield separately. I would have to fabricate something. So I ordered an R2C intake, and will sell this one on CL. All the reviews were positive and the price was good. We will see.
SSweetride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:53 PM   #68
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by SSweetride View Post
Hey all, bought a '12 1SS/RS last week, and I've been enjoying catching up on all things 5th Gen on these forums and wanted to say hello. Traded in my C4 Vette on a black beauty 6 speed with the factory Hurst shifter and 3 more years of warranty. Cannot believe how flippin fast these cars are, and mine is mostly stock save for a CAI of unknown brand and no heat shield and a skip shift eliminator. Gotta figure out what to do with the CAI situation, pretty sure not having a heat shield makes it a HAI.

Looking forward to learning more and enjoying the ride.
SSweetride,

Great looking Camaro you have there! How have you been enjoying the driving experience?

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2013, 08:56 PM   #69
Rocky1974

Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinw View Post
lordy lordy. all this stuff about 1SS , rs, lt, etc. you know, yes, its confusing. again, why cant GM keep stuff simple and be done with it? i personally bought a 2LT NON RS couple weeks ago. i didnt want the RS because of the 20 inch summer only tires for midwest. i have 19 inch. i learned about about RS and NON RS cars over the summer. my car has the gauges, leather, HUD, etc, all part of the 2 series trims, either in LT or SS form. but, yes, its all confusing even 4 years from inception. if this many people get confused this far out from original inception, it needs to be simplified in the future. its shouldnt be this confusing.
It's not really all that confusing until you mix all the misinformation in with the facts. We're really only talking about 2 different trim levels and one standalone appearance option that can be added to either trim level. What could be simpler? It gets a little more complicated when you talk about the individual options that are in each package, but if you just look at the big picture, it's really quite simple. And it's much simpler than it was back in the day, when there was much less packages and almost every option was standalone. But there were still lots of restrictions on exactly what could be ordered with what. The old muscle cars are much more difficult to figure out than the modern ones.
Old 11-11-2013, 09:16 PM   #70
Abomb1223

Drives: 2011 Camaro
Def K&N
Abomb1223 is offline   Reply With Quote