Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-21-2011, 02:15 AM   #15
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
ricer boys... typical.
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:18 AM   #16
Shadowsong

Drives: 2014 Mustang
It comes with the Car, unfortunately.. been happening to me since I drove my Mustang off the lot 6 years ago... even more so after it was visually modded. Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes if it is at a redlight I make them look like a fool... I rev my engine up, make some noise... the light turns green, they take off like a bat out of hell, and I'm still sitting there, and just ease off the line.

Happened to me and my buddy in his Challenger just this Saturday.. we were on our way home from the Dragstrip (<3 the H-town crew!).. we had a honda roll up next to us and start jumping, we laughed, shook our heads and pointed to the window paint from the drag strip.. he reved up his little weed whacker and off he went... lol
Shadowsong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:39 AM   #17
Camaro_hx
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 1LT/RS CGM
Send a message via MSN to Camaro_hx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadowsong View Post
It comes with the Car, unfortunately.. been happening to me since I drove my Mustang off the lot 6 years ago... even more so after it was visually modded. Sometimes I ignore them, sometimes if it is at a redlight I make them look like a fool... I rev my engine up, make some noise... the light turns green, they take off like a bat out of hell, and I'm still sitting there, and just ease off the line.

Happened to me and my buddy in his Challenger just this Saturday.. we were on our way home from the Dragstrip (<3 the H-town crew!).. we had a honda roll up next to us and start jumping, we laughed, shook our heads and pointed to the window paint from the drag strip.. he reved up his little weed whacker and off he went... lol
---------------
I really feel sorry for them... we shouldn't always predict the worse case senario to what theyre tryna do.. maybe they really want a muscle car but cant afford it..and thats their only fun to have..
Camaro_hx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #18
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
well people mess with our cars because they are camaros, dam didn't know you were a chick. i like to see girls with good taste in cars
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:15 AM   #19
REDXIIIDave
El Chupacabra

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS A6 Black/Black
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Had a bad run in with a guy in a honda civic today. I was driving 55 in a 45, on a 3 lane highway. He was in the right lane and I came up behind him, I was about 3 car lengths behind him when I switched lanes to pass. As I went to pass a BMW in the center lane, he takes off like a shot! I was kinda like "wtf"...about 1.5 miles down the road I had to turn right. So I worked my over to the right hand lane and when I got next to this guy, he would match my speed. I finally had to almost lock up my brakes just to get behind this guy cuz he was too close to the people in front of him! Well we get to the turn which is a yield and he comes to a complete stop about 3 car lengths behind the intersection, the whole time he's eyeing me in his mirror. I'm still like "wtf is wrong with this guy??"

Well he finally goes and turns onto the street and gets in the right lane, while I go in the left lane. As I go to pass him again, he stares me down and not a nice stare either. So as I pass him, he guns it again and cuts me off! So I tell my friend to hang on cuz I'm not going to play with this crazy guy so I just hammer it! I fly around him and take off. He got stuck behind traffic and I didnt c him again until I turned onto the street my apt complex was on and he turned too!!! I told my friend to call my b/f (which is also her bro) and tell him that this guy followed me. My b/f is a deputy sheriff. Well I turned into my apt complex and he turned into the one across the street.. WTF is wrong with people? It was like he was trying to make me wreck?

Guess he was just jealous of a chick driving a better car then his..oh well, the camaro showed him who was boss and he got to read my license plate as I drove on by...."you just got SMOKED by a girl"
REDXIIIDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:18 AM   #20
PeeBee

Drives: "Bee" ZL585, Dark Blue Suburban.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
i like to see girls with good taste in cars

Quite right, so I'm thinking:

LOL
PeeBee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 03:33 AM   #21
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeeBee View Post
Quite right, so I'm thinking:

LOL
hehe
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 04:27 AM   #22
Future MDPilot

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
I have had similar experiences.... it sucks. You just want to get where you're going, they think it's a game. I need to have a big sign made that says "Get a LIFE" and hold it up out of the sunroof....
I have a sign!!

But it says "Learn to Drive".
Old 06-21-2011, 07:50 AM   #23
justa25thTA

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/RS LS3
Quote:
Originally Posted by angie7 View Post
Had a bad run in with a guy in a honda civic today. I was driving 55 in a 45, on a 3 lane highway. He was in the right lane and I came up behind him, I was about 3 car lengths behind him when I switched lanes to pass. As I went to pass a BMW in the center lane, he takes off like a shot! I was kinda like "wtf"...about 1.5 miles down the road I had to turn right. So I worked my over to the right hand lane and when I got next to this guy, he would match my speed. I finally had to almost lock up my brakes just to get behind this guy cuz he was too close to the people in front of him! Well we get to the turn which is a yield and he comes to a complete stop about 3 car lengths behind the intersection, the whole time he's eyeing me in his mirror. I'm still like "wtf is wrong with this guy??"

Well he finally goes and turns onto the street and gets in the right lane, while I go in the left lane. As I go to pass him again, he stares me down and not a nice stare either. So as I pass him, he guns it again and cuts me off! So I tell my friend to hang on cuz I'm not going to play with this crazy guy so I just hammer it! I fly around him and take off. He got stuck behind traffic and I didnt c him again until I turned onto the street my apt complex was on and he turned too!!! I told my friend to call my b/f (which is also her bro) and tell him that this guy followed me. My b/f is a deputy sheriff. Well I turned into my apt complex and he turned into the one across the street.. WTF is wrong with people? It was like he was trying to make me wreck?

Guess he was just jealous of a chick driving a better car then his..oh well, the camaro showed him who was boss and he got to read my license plate as I drove on by...."you just got SMOKED by a girl"

Hot chick in a hot car? Maybe there wasn't enough blood going to his thinking place.
Old 06-21-2011, 08:04 AM   #24
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I let them go.........pride cometh before the fall. He was too proud in his Honda and would have gotten himself into trouble and taken you with him. Let the nutjob stay ahead of you and keep your distance. These knuckleheads aren't worth beatin traffic lights, going faster than you want to etc etc.

Glad you got home safe.

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:22 AM   #25
pgviper

Drives: 67 Pro Touring Camaro
Send a message via AIM to pgviper
Gotta love them ricer fly by's LMAO
pgviper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 08:57 AM   #26
born-to-fish-

Drives: Fifty 2SS Vert
He tried to get you to "let 'er rip", and you took the bait....

People try that with me all the time, but I don't give them what they want, I let them get in trouble, not me thanks.
born-to-fish- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2011, 09:14 AM   #27
Tessa
Mischief Managed

Drives: 2SS/RS RJT with silver rallys
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blade View Post
I let them go.........pride cometh before the fall. He was too proud in his Honda and would have gotten himself into trouble and taken you with him. Let the nutjob stay ahead of you and keep your distance. These knuckleheads aren't worth beatin traffic lights, going faster than you want to etc etc.

Glad you got home safe.
I'd rather have them in front of me where I can keep a nice distance instead of having them cramed up my a** and end up hitting me when I have to stop.
Plus, the following you home thing was a bit scary.
Old 06-21-2011, 09:17 AM   #28
Camaro_Corvette
36.58625, -121.7568

Drives: Team 1LE
Haters gonna hate!