Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Forced Induction - V8

Closed Thread

Old 04-01-2013, 10:50 AM   #15
VanquisherSS
Hasbin of Stock Bottom HP

Drives: CTS-V Coupe, 04 TT Viper
Quote:
Originally Posted by potwasher View Post
ha ha, i dont see slow hawk performance on the fast list.
Matts car is on the fast list, running meth at the time stock bottom.
Old 04-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #16
potwasher
Banned

Drives: gen5
Quote:
Originally Posted by VanquisherSS View Post
Matts car is on the fast list, running meth at the time stock bottom.
matt who?...me and jamie are in the number 1 spots on the #6 and #7 fast list, we dont look below us.
and we both gave up meth. when it happens to one of these other guys, they will stop rolling the dice.
you buzzards should stop being cheap and buy real octane...just kidding...lol
Old 04-01-2013, 04:18 PM   #17
VanquisherSS

Quote:
matt who?...me and jamie are in the number 1 spots on the #6 and #7 fast list, we dont look below us.
and we both gave up meth. when it happens to one of these other guys, they will stop rolling the dice.
you buzzards should stop being cheap and buy real octane...just kidding...lol
Your funny . I mix a little 109 into my tank when I'm going out to have fun other than that meth is on my friend. I don't need to run 109 in my street car, even if my meth fails the engine wont. I don't remember seeing 109 at gas stations across the US? I'm not loading tanks of fuel in my trunk. Its all in the tune for meth, that's the rumor .
Old 04-01-2013, 06:18 PM   #18
old motorhead

Drives: Maggie blown LS3 vette
You'll get the added octane, but very little of the cooling effect that the centri and turbo boys enjoy. Much more benefit there vs using it on a TVS blower. How much boost are you planning to run? There's no rule, that I'm aware of, that says you have to run meth with higher boost. I'm around 12psi on one of my TVS blown LS motors. No meth needed on that one. Sure, it would allow a little more timing, but not worth the expense and hassle to me.

You also can't tune in the safety failsafes as easily with a p/d blower. If the centri/turbo boys sense higher IAT's, that indicates the meth isn't working and the tune can pull timing etc. You won't have that big difference in IAT's with the meth system working or not. You would if the meth could be introduced post blower. Not practical with a TVS blower though.
Old 04-01-2013, 06:49 PM   #19
potwasher
Banned

Quote:
Your funny . I mix a little 109 into my tank when I'm going out to have fun other than that meth is on my friend. I don't need to run 109 in my street car, even if my meth fails the engine wont. I don't remember seeing 109 at gas stations across the US? I'm not loading tanks of fuel in my trunk. Its all in the tune for meth, that's the rumor .
pretty soon you should be getting some time slips. post them when you get them.
my hooptie is done except for the dyno, i hope my dusty piece of crap hits 1200 rwhp.
i may rent atco soon, if i do, are you coming?
Old 04-01-2013, 07:06 PM   #20
VanquisherSS

Quote:
my hooptie is done except for the dyno, i hope my dusty piece of crap hits 1200 rwhp.
Indeed, I pickup my heap Friday nitrous all setup.. There is a rental that day as well. I gotta get some new tires though, trying to pickup some C5Z Replicas and put a MT out back. Weren't you at 1200 on the blower? And if you rent ATCO i'll be there.
Old 04-01-2013, 07:57 PM   #21
potwasher
Banned

Quote:
Indeed, I pickup my heap Friday nitrous all setup.. There is a rental that day as well. I gotta get some new tires though, trying to pickup some C5Z Replicas and put a MT out back. Weren't you at 1200 on the blower? And if you rent ATCO i'll be there.
yea...make sure you get some good tires for that juice hit.

i'm already 1200 at the crank (1017 rwhp). now trying juice at a 250 shot for 1450 at the crank... aprox 1200 at the wheels. my cheater juice system/nano can go 500hp for a hail mary pass...i may need it for matt.

get some video of your passes on friday...you'll have some evil DA at sea level.
Old 04-01-2013, 08:37 PM   #22
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
Dam!!!!! That banana still hasn't been on the rollers. Is your car a timeshare or something?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 AM   #23
potwasher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
Dam!!!!! That banana still hasn't been on the rollers. Is your car a timeshare or something?
I think ted fell in love with the car and does not want to give it back.
you take yours out yet? are you going to the jannetty rental?
Old 04-02-2013, 06:23 AM   #24
nyny69

Drives: 2010 IOM SS
Quote:
I think ted fell in love with the car and does not want to give it back.
you take yours out yet? are you going to the jannetty rental?
I just think it's Ted's weeks to own the car. Mine has been out. Just no track yet. Maybe when the new married fool comes back from the beach. I should be at the rental
Old 04-02-2013, 08:03 AM   #25
VanquisherSS

Quote:
yea...make sure you get some good tires for that juice hit.

i'm already 1200 at the crank (1017 rwhp). now trying juice at a 250 shot for 1450 at the crank... aprox 1200 at the wheels. my cheater juice system/nano can go 500hp for a hail mary pass...i may need it for matt.

get some video of your passes on friday...you'll have some evil DA at sea level.
Yeah sadly I only have my 22s at this point, I'll peddle it down the track friday if it doesn't rain.

ah 1200 crank. You should see more than a 250hp increase with that shot on a blower car. 250 shot could make 300+ HP and the nano adds 25%. Haha yeah you might need it and there are some big HP cars coming this year I think your gonna need all of it.

Yeah thats the plan, gopro at the ready.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:41 AM   #26
potwasher
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nyny69 View Post
I just think it's Ted's weeks to own the car. Mine has been out. Just no track yet. Maybe when the new married fool comes back from the beach. I should be at the rental
now that Jamie is married, he will have less money to spend on his car...then he gets knocked off the top of the fast list.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:52 AM   #27
potwasher
Banned

Quote:
Yeah sadly I only have my 22s at this point, I'll peddle it down the track friday if it doesn't rain.

ah 1200 crank. You should see more than a 250hp increase with that shot on a blower car. 250 shot could make 300+ HP and the nano adds 25%. Haha yeah you might need it and there are some big HP cars coming this year I think your gonna need all of it.

Yeah thats the plan, gopro at the ready.
you gotta do everything you can to get some tires...your et's will suffer greatly by peddling. beg, borrow or steal.

yea, its going be hard for me to stay on the top of the fast list. however looking at their spec sheets, those big builds that are coming out have made a mistake that only experience can remedy. when I first built my car, I made the same mistake. so it will take them half the season to figure it out...giving me time to "up my game".
anyway...the pressure to stay at number one sucks...I think i'll be relieved when it finally happens and just enjoy street driving an 8 second full weight Camaro.
Old 04-02-2013, 08:59 AM   #28
Alvin@PCMofNC

Drives: 2010 IOM RSS
There is nothing wrong with meth. We normally stay away from it unless the car is really knock limited. Being tedious about the install matters. One of our customers had a meth kit installed and in less than 1 week the engine let go because the installers left the plastic meth line about 2 inches from the exhaust manifolds. It also went up and down hill so I feel like the pump wasn't getting a good feed and perhaps cavatiting.

Closed Thread