Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Cosmetic Maintenance: Washing, Waxing, Detailing, Bodywork, Protection

Old 05-04-2012, 01:14 PM   #1
Ice515

Drives: Chevy Camaro 5th Gen 2LS IBM
Rock Paint Scratch and Ding

Hello everyone. So I picked myself up a rock scratch and ding on my front fender. The ding doesn't look to bad, so much that i don't think the dealer would even consider poping it out but the paint has a nice white line now. I bought the color, clear coat, and primer from the dealer and I'm assuming witht he help of some videos I've found on the site that I can just touch it up and it will look fine.

Anyone have any experience with this typeof ding and does painting it cover up the small ding well?
Attached Images

Ice515 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:20 PM   #2
Dtrimpi87
Banned

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS A6 & 2011 1LT/RS
Any mobile dent repair person could take care of the ding for probably $20-30 dollars in about 10 minutes. You will notice it and if your anything like me it will bug you knowing its there. I just had 4 small dings removed out of my doors this morning for $80 and let me tell you, its a great feeling knowing they're gone. As for the paint, I'm no help. Hopefully someone with some paint knowledge will chime in soon.

Sent from the rocket in my pocket, my all powerful DROID BIONIC.
Dtrimpi87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2012, 01:28 PM   #3
Ice515

Your absolutely right, it has been bothering me since I got it. Driving down the road I heard the rock and just knew it. I'll stop at the dealer today, which as a body shop on site, and see if can't fix her up before they close.
:-)
Old 05-04-2012, 01:47 PM   #4
Ice515

So I called the body shop and the guy said he would have to paint the entire pannel. Can anyone confirm this? I figured they could just pop it out and just a touch up paint and place a fine line on it. Though the shop probably wants to have a flawless finish.
Old 05-04-2012, 03:31 PM   #5
Dznts
Anabolic Connoisseur

Drives: Sold - Blown Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
paintless dent repair will easily be able to remedy the ding problem. however the paint is a whole other story. You could try something like the Langka or Dr.Colorchip systems to cover the scratch.