Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 09-11-2012, 03:34 PM   #1
jerry benavides

Drives: Camaro Rs
lowering questions

hey guys im pretty new on this section of the forum...
basically i would like to lower my car about an inch, inch and a half..
what do you guys recommend? lowering springs? what size of drop? what are the best brands? best deals? any info is appreciated guys thanks in advance
Old 09-11-2012, 03:51 PM   #2
SSOOCH
Camaro SL,UTs

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS #16429
I personaly have 1.25" PFADT drop springs on My SS. Best MOD I ever did. Not only did it give the car a perfect stance but it made it corner completely flat!

Everybody will tell you that the brand they used was the best. None are wrong, none are right. Go with what you can afford. I don't think any of the big brands will let you down. PFADT, Eibach, BMR, Pedders or Hotchkis. Just remember that you have to get an alignment afterwards.
Old 09-11-2012, 04:16 PM   #3
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Be sure to take a look at our drop spring packages. They will lower your car about 1.25", which is exactly what you're looking for. Take a look at our Pfadt Drop Spring Photo Gallery here to see what your car could look like: Pfadt Drop Spring Photo Gallery

If you want deals you should take a look at our Stage2 package. It includes both the drop springs and the sway bars and a considerable savings than if you had purchased them separately. The drop springs will really make your car look great, but the sway bars are key to making the car handle much better and be more fun to drive!

PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:25 PM   #4
Inferno Orange SS

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS LS3
I also have the pfadt 1.25" drop springs, Great product! Slightly firmer ride barely noticeable. I've had the springs in the car for about 2 years now and I would say all said and done the overall ride height was lowered evenly about 1.25-1.5 once everything settled. Very happy with the results and ride. Highly recommended.
Inferno Orange SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:30 PM   #5
ModBargains.com

Drives: Widebody 2013 Mustang GT
There are lots of options out there, best bet is to look around to see what other guys on the forum have been doing but usually I would recommend coilovers for a better 'feel' and much better overall performance, but if your budget is set for springs, you should check out the Eibach Coilover/Spring Thread <<Here

I hope that helps!
ModBargains.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 04:53 PM   #6
jerry benavides

Drives: Camaro Rs
thanks guys!! im just afraid of any squeeks! :/ does anybody have issues with that? i had them on my old car and i hated them at every turn it would squeeek -!!!
Old 09-11-2012, 05:44 PM   #7
PfadtRacing

Drives: 2010 Camaro, 2006 Z06
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry benavides View Post
thanks guys!! im just afraid of any squeeks! :/ does anybody have issues with that? i had them on my old car and i hated them at every turn it would squeeek -!!!
Once properly installed neither our sway bars or our drop springs should make noise. We've got these running on literally hundreds of Camaro's at this point. So long as you take your car to a quality install facility you shouldn't have any problems!

Just be sure to get an alignment afterwards!
PfadtRacing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:29 PM   #8
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
I had 1 inch drop springs installed. Shouldnt the ride heigth be the same all the way around? My front passenger side seems to sit a 1/4 inch higer then front driver side. Had the car alingened and the bushings where timed also supposedly. Please help?
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2012, 06:31 PM   #9
GunnyG
Da WHALE

Drives: 2014 Stingray, 2015 Panamera 4
I used Eibach Pro Kit, 1.25" drop springs. They're pretty good, and reasonably priced. A little less than $400.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:53 PM   #10
Bornluckee13
I fly

Drives: 2010 2SS, Stick, Cyber Gray
I have BMR 1.4" drop springs and LSR sways, not a squeak, rub, or problem. Car handles like a dream, and rides great.
There are only two options in life. Fight or flight. Most people run. Almost all people run. But not us. The difference between us and everyone else is that we run towards the gunfire. And that makes all the difference.
Bornluckee13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 06:55 AM   #11
TSSUNAMI
It was ninety nine cents!

Drives: 2014 Jeep Wrangler
I have PFADT's 1.25 in drop springs.

Ordered them from Apex here on the forums. Great customer service, and great product.

You'll immediately notice sharper, more flatter turning, less brake dive and front end lift. It makes the car feel more like a scalpel than a butter knife. Of course, the appearance and stance are also greatly improved.

I drive on some of central NY's crappiest pavement, and the ride wasn't too harsh at all.

Give Apex or one of our other great forum vendors a call and they'll get you set up right!
Old 09-12-2012, 08:11 AM   #12
Brandon@LSRPerformance

Drives: N/A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerry benavides View Post
hey guys im pretty new on this section of the forum...
basically i would like to lower my car about an inch, inch and a half..
what do you guys recommend? lowering springs? what size of drop? what are the best brands? best deals? any info is appreciated guys thanks in advance
Check out our LSR springs, they offer an approximate 1" (F) and 1.25" (R) drop which essentially levels the car. They are made in the USA and feature a lifetime warranty. They also have a great ride quality and will improve handling. And they're on sale!

Let me know if I can help you with anything.
Brandon@LSRPerformance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 12:36 PM   #13
MarylandSpeed
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 ZL1 & 2010 2SS/RS
Pfadt, SLP, BMR and Eibach would all make great choices and are available w/ free shipping at MarylandSpeed! If you have any questions, please feel free to call us!
MarylandSpeed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2012, 10:00 PM   #14
z28racer

Drives: 12 SIM 2SS/ RS Sinergy M6,GMC2500HD
My Eibachs ride very nice.
z28racer is offline   Reply With Quote