Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2012, 04:02 AM   #43
Jetcop20
Jetcop20

Drives: '13 ZL1 A6
SHAWN of the DEAD

A new TV series coming out this fall. Lead in with GOOD OLE BOYS laughing and rib sticking each other over how they really F'd up the last customers car....GM is the corporate leader of the " Who ME ! " in this sage of woe...This thread will become the ..coming attractions with more to follow................
Old 10-07-2012, 04:48 AM   #44
newb

Drives: 2013 1LE
Sorry to hear this happened to your car. But, if it were me, I would remove it from the web. Although true info, they could try to make a case for slander if this goes to court. Just my $.02. And they will get what they deserve. It always comes back around.
It's a Dingledarm. It's there to dampen side fumbling. If your marzelvanes fumble too much they can cause total protonic reversal. It gets ugly from there. This is really the biggest problem with the new Camaro. That and the tri-pronged blivot.

Delivered 21 Jan 2013

Old 10-07-2012, 06:28 AM   #45
iwillclark

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS/RS white sleeper
Quote:
Originally Posted by wadew2lt View Post
Smart man! Way to go! NOW, GO GET 'EM!!

Thank you, feel free to auto tune these guys into a "Banjo Duel" lol
Old 10-07-2012, 06:29 AM   #46
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by newb View Post
Sorry to hear this happened to your car. But, if it were me, I would remove it from the web. Although true info, they could try to make a case for slander if this goes to court. Just my $.02. And they will get what they deserve. It always comes back around.
Is it slander if its true and you have proof?
Old 10-07-2012, 06:37 AM   #47
iwillclark

Quote:
Originally Posted by stlrammer View Post
To make matters worse your clutch clunk is normal for an SS manual 6 speed. Read on.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=155282
So then GM does have a problem, and its not simply a dealership issue?!
Old 10-07-2012, 07:45 AM   #48
whemming

Drives: 2010 1SS/RS
Wow crazy story
Old 10-07-2012, 08:18 AM   #49
BUZZCAMARO

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LS Inferno Orange
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwillclark View Post
So then GM does have a problem, and its not simply a dealership issue?!
Good point, doubt if this is something unique to GM dealerships. I'm wondering if this crap goes on at many shops, are jack-wagons like that who work for GM dealerships coddled by unions?

I'm betting no but the blame falls on the dealership who will deny it ever happened. I was told by the private owner and mechanic at a local shop this about dealerships: " Y'eah, but who do the dealerships hire? Their boss says a 4 hour job is only a 2 hour job and that's all their getting paid." (When I was inquiring about getting a front end alignment after I get lowering springs installed). I had just told him there was a guy here complaining that his alignment seems like it's all screwed up and he had just got it done at the dealership.

My guess is that the dealerships mechanics (in general, not all of them of course)..are not exactly an elite group of highly talented and well paid experts .

About the only reason I'd ever go there is for warranty issues, and than I'd try to go to an authorized repair shop.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:20 AM   #50
MR 45TH

Drives: 2018 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCAMARO View Post
I'm betting no but the blame falls on the dealership
Exactly!!
Old 10-07-2012, 08:41 AM   #51
midnighter
Account Suspended

Drives: nothing
Quote:
Originally Posted by BUZZCAMARO View Post
Good point, doubt if this is something unique to GM dealerships. I'm wondering if this crap goes on at many shops, are jack-wagons like that who work for GM dealerships coddled by unions?

I'm betting no but the blame falls on the dealership who will deny it ever happened. I was told by the private owner mechanic at a local shop this: Y'eah, but who do the dealerships hire, their boss says a 4 hour job is only a 2 hour job and that's all their getting paid.

My guess is that the dealerships mechanics (in general, not all of them of course)..are not exactly an elite group of highly talented and well paid experts .

About the only reason I'd ever go there is for warranty issues, and than I'd try to go to an authorized repair shop.
I took some classes at an automotive technical institute and if you would have seen how some of my classmates acted, drank alcohol, and how careless they were with our guinipig cars.... you, like myself, would never want to take your pride and joy to a shop again. Too bad it's often inedible.

There are some good mechanics out there too that handle cars with kid's gloves, just no way to be sure you will get one when you drop off your car at a dealership service garage where anyone can end up getting your automobile. It's not fair to the customer.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:42 AM   #52
Orange5thGen

Drives: 2011 Convert
Send a message via Yahoo to Orange5thGen
Contact every local and nation news channel with the video and get one of the investigative reporters to help.........

I think a lot of negative publicity will change their minds real quick.

Post it on the news channels Face book pages! Go to the same one that they posted the guy getting arrested for getting a deal on his SUV, thats what they will love to do a follow-up story on...IMO
Come see me at www.chicago5thgen.com TEAM LLT, , 2011 Covertible 1LT RS, JDM Color Shift Halo's, Showstopper Camaro Bowtie Led Mirrors, Side Markers and Engine Cover, Pace Setter Catback Exhaust, BK Coilover Kit, 21" Full Crome GM wheels, Tinted windows, I WIN BEARS Plate. Full amber ABL dash and door update with IOM interior panels.
Old 10-07-2012, 08:55 AM   #53
stlrammer

Drives: 2017 1SS Blue
There is a GM rep on this site that often times reaches out to help folks with issues. Hope he sees this. I would take it to local news ASAP. They will be able to enhance the audio and apply pressure to the dealership that will hurt their pocket books. I am shocked that GM wouldn't back you on this and called it a dealer issue. GM get your dealers in check. Piss poor way to treat a loyal customer.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:03 AM   #54
zkdreads

Drives: 2010 Camaro LS V6
whats there fb page. i wanna see there reponses! if they havent deleted the post yet lol
is this there page
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Best-...740127?fref=ts
Old 10-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #55
GMTool
MY SS is SOLD

Drives: AGM 2012 Camaro 2SS/RS L99
Quote:
Originally Posted by stikSS View Post
I would demand the owner, service manager, and that dipshit Josh and whoever the other dumbass is that is part of that dealership in a meeting and play the audio... demand results or else... somebody would be fired or the cops would be coming.... cause i would flip desks over in that dealership.

Don't stand for that BS... you have every right to make a point and get what you want.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
This is exactly what I was thinking. To start making things right, I would be face to face with the people incharge and the people who are involved. And lets hear some explanations.
Old 10-07-2012, 09:28 AM   #56
parkerss

Drives: 2011 SS/RS
I'll be following this to the end.I have a huge issue going on with my dealership. Its going to be a big impact on what I do.

Closed Thread