Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 10-24-2012, 07:37 AM   #29
armysig
Catch me if you can

Drives: 2012 IOM ZL-1
*****Update*****

GM approved the replacement Exposed carbon fiber hood insert. The pictures I took helped the dealership to convince GM of the issue.
Once the part arrives I will need to inspect it prior to it getting it installed. After that i'll be good to go.

Good luck to anyone else that has this issue. My advice is take picture in micro mode on you camera to show the level of detail needed.
Old 10-24-2012, 05:57 PM   #30
big dawg

Drives: 2015 Subaru WRX 2015 Honda CRV
what i don't understand is why GM is being so secretive about this problem because i have no idea as to how long this is going to "constrain" my order. wouldn't that be nice to know!
big dawg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:01 PM   #31
BigMikeZL1
Sinister

Drives: 2012 ZL1 /Chevy tahoe 07
Just had mine replaced monday !
BigMikeZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 06:14 PM   #32
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
*****Update*****

GM approved the replacement Exposed carbon fiber hood insert. The pictures I took helped the dealership to convince GM of the issue.
Once the part arrives I will need to inspect it prior to it getting it installed. After that i'll be good to go.

Good luck to anyone else that has this issue. My advice is take picture in micro mode on you camera to show the level of detail needed.

I think its funny....

dealership calls and says they have a faulty part, but there are bolt ons so it voids the warranty....GM instantly believes them with no pictures and backs up the dealer no matter what.......

dealership calls and says they have a faulty part, but there is nothing added so GM is responsible....GM is like what? we dont believe you, you must be lying to us....send us pictures and prove to us this wasnt done by someone so we know you arent lying....
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 07:03 PM   #33
armysig
Catch me if you can

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyder View Post
I think its funny....

dealership calls and says they have a faulty part, but there are bolt ons so it voids the warranty....GM instantly believes them with no pictures and backs up the dealer no matter what.......

dealership calls and says they have a faulty part, but there is nothing added so GM is responsible....GM is like what? we dont believe you, you must be lying to us....send us pictures and prove to us this wasnt done by someone so we know you arent lying....
I think you misunderstood what happened. When the dealership tried to order the part the first time GM thought it was for imperfections in the carbon fiber. Which there is a TSP explaining to that issue.

When the dealership explained what they were seeing, GM wanted to verify that the dealership was reporting the issue correct. This is why I took detailed pictures because the dealerships camera couldn't get the quality needed to support the claim.
Old 10-24-2012, 07:07 PM   #34
Rhyder

Drives: 2012 45 Anniversary Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by armysig View Post
I think you misunderstood what happened. When the dealership tried to order the part the first time GM thought it was for imperfections in the carbon fiber. Which there is a TSP explaining to that issue.

When the dealership explained what they were seeing, GM wanted to verify that the dealership was reporting the issue correct. This is why I took detailed pictures because the dealerships camera couldn't get the quality needed to support the claim.
I did indeed misunderstand the full issue then, though in that case, I would think they would let the order go through until they proved it correct or not, they could always have the dealership send it back. Making the customer wait longer is poor service.
Rhyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2012, 08:29 PM   #35
armysig
Catch me if you can

Well this is an expensive part valued well over $2000.00, GM just doesn't want to give them away if they don't have to.