Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-17-2013, 01:01 AM   #57
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by trainman View Post
I drove the Challenger, so of course I saw the interior. And yes, I have seen the ZL1 interior, very much improved over the SS of 2010, but it's those two squarish gauge pods that bother me, sorry it's just not me, plus the backseat and trunk are useless in the Camaro, while the Challenger has a useable backseat and a huge trunk. I think I mentioned I have to pick up the grandkids a few times a week during school months, so the Cadillac was the best choice. Last month in cooler weather I ran 12.24 @ 118.91 in the Cadillac (on street tires) so the power is there with just a CAI and a tune. Also last time out at the test and tune I also ran a new 2013 ZL1 (6M) which was pure stock, and beat him pretty good , it was at 11pm (DA 3000+) I ran 12.706 @ 115.61 (still warm from the GT500 race) and the ZL1 ran 13.043 @ 111.21. I'm sure that with drag radials and cooler weather I will be deep into the 11's with the Cadillac, I'm happy.
oh okay, just checking because you said that you didn't like the 2010 dash but yea the square gauge pods is what I love about the interior unique and Retro. but yea I understand that it's. not your thing. I myself like the 2010-2011 better because of the more Retro steering wheel and speedometer numbers. the cts-v is killer too in looks and in power .and I would think the cts-v weights way less than the zl1. So , you beating that is believable . But I love the cts-v too . I would need both
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2013, 01:25 AM   #58
trainman

Drives: 2012 CTS V,2000 Firehawk, SRT Ram
Quote:
Originally Posted by Q'smuscle View Post
oh okay, just checking because you said that you didn't like the 2010 dash but yea the square gauge pods is what I love about the interior unique and Retro. but yea I understand that it's. not your thing. I myself like the 2010-2011 better because of the more Retro steering wheel and speedometer numbers. the cts-v is killer too in looks and in power .and I would think the cts-v weights way less than the zl1. So , you beating that is believable . But I love the cts-v too . I would need both
Actually I think the CTS V and the ZL1 are about the same weight, with the CTS V slightly heavier....but the GT500 was about 300 lbs lighter than the V and it had 106 horsepower more (662 vs 556) so I was quite shocked at the outcome...although my driving had a little to do with it the winning margin. I have seen pure stock GT500's put down in the area of 600 rwhp and 600 ftlbs , where my CTS V made 458 rwhp pure stock @ 6,200 rpm (factory rev limit for the stock LSA). After tuning I made 493 rwhp @ 6,550 rpm ( 485 @ 6,200) and then we added the AIRAID CAI and the V made 515.6 @ 6,550. The GM crate engine specs for the LSA suggest a 6,600 rev limit , and by raising the rev limit in my Coupe it made all the difference in the world (my limiter is set at 6,800) and I shift @ 6,600 rpm, full power shifts (Love the no-lift-shift feature). Before I was hitting the rev limiter so fast and killing the performance, now the car just pulls like gang busters.....it surprises people.
trainman is offline   Reply With Quote