Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - New England

Old 03-19-2013, 06:12 PM   #1
JWR046

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1786
LimeRock Autocross

I am going to get to the autocross this summer and this is the closet. I have not been to LimeRock in probably 10 years. Has anyone run there?

http://www.limerock.com/index.php?op...nfo&Itemid=271
JWR046 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 06:40 PM   #2
FAIRNOT LZ1
It's in black & white

Drives: 2012 ZL1 Summit White #1366

There is a thread on this down farther on this list

Lime Rock track day April 19th
dkbmx993

FAIRNOT LZ1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2013, 07:00 PM   #3
JWR046

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAIRNOT LZ1 View Post

There is a thread on this down farther on this list

Lime Rock track day April 19th
dkbmx993
Yeah I must have missed that thread that was right in front of me.....

I am looking for feedback of the track and experience anyone might have.
Old 03-20-2013, 10:13 AM   #4
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

Drives: '15 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited
ive run there 3 times..

autocross at limerock is far different than anywhere else...since you are using the track itself and not one created on an airstrip or a parking lot somewhere

a road course is really the ultimate test for your car...you get answers to a lot of questions...

1. what tire should I run if I plan to autox multiple times a season
2. do i need suspension upgrades (likely yes ZL1 or not)
3. should i wear a diaper when I hit the track (likely yes since youre autoxing a ZL1 lol)

ive had luck of being able to be pretty much WOT for the majority of the track all 3 times ive been on it...but none of them we're for a sanctioned autox event...just leisure as I was attending their annual Memorial Day weekend car show which takes place on the frontstretch

what a blast...i cant wait to do the actual autox days there this season...

i was lucky enough to get a track tour so i know how to enter and exit each turn

The Few, The Proud, The Hyper Blue Metallics

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
2010CamaroRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 01:05 PM   #5
600hp-lpe

Drives: 2010
March 22nd has an 86 db limit.. i don't pass at that low a level. Trialer is still buried in snow...

the others sound interesting.
600hp-lpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2013, 02:57 PM   #6
JWR046

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS View Post
ive run there 3 times..

autocross at limerock is far different than anywhere else...since you are using the track itself and not one created on an airstrip or a parking lot somewhere

a road course is really the ultimate test for your car...you get answers to a lot of questions...

3. should i wear a diaper when I hit the track (likely yes since youre autoxing a ZL1 lol)

ive had luck of being able to be pretty much WOT for the majority of the track all 3 times ive been on it...but none of them we're for a sanctioned autox event...just leisure as I was attending their annual Memorial Day weekend car show which takes place on the frontstretch

i was lucky enough to get a track tour so i know how to enter and exit each turn
Cool. I am looking forward to running the car on the track without diapers. I am not sure how often I will do it but have a feeling I may get a little addicted.
Old 03-21-2013, 07:35 AM   #7
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

oh no you will...believe me...its legit an hour and a half from my house in the boonies of NW CT...since i may soon have another set of tires...im really looking forward to this...

DT shorties.BBK Intake.FlowMaster AT.Eibach 1'' drop.Hurst Short Throw (44% reduction).Unrestricted Motorsports Gen 1 Style Rear Spoiler.Custom Aqua Blue Metallic Interior Panels.RS Embroidered Head Rests.Interior LED by Oracle.Illuminated Bowtie by Oracle.Footwell LED by Oracle.Grille LED by Oracle.Functional Headliner Console Toggle Switches for LED Lighting.Aqua Blue Engine Cover.RotoFab Radiator Cover.Aqua Blue Fuse Box Cover from RPI Designs.Much More
Old 03-21-2013, 03:44 PM   #8
dkbmx993

Drives: 2010 camaro ss 6spdmanual
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWR046
Quote:

Originally Posted by 2010CamaroRS

ive run there 3 times..

Cool. I am looking forward to running the car on the track without diapers. I am not sure how often I will do it but have a feeling I may get a little addicted.
I am going to the April 19 one because i believe it's the only Friday track day. its hard to take Monday's off for me.

the autox is 225 I believe and track day is 300. track day also comes with more track time i believe (4 20min sessions) and instructors available to fine tune your line.

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
dkbmx993 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2013, 01:00 PM   #9
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

instructors are there for the autox days too

Old 05-30-2013, 02:46 PM   #10
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

bump

Old 05-30-2013, 05:43 PM   #11
dkbmx993

not sure if this was mentioned earlier but limerock has a seperate autox course. its not the 1.54 mile road course. they have a small course in the infield they use for autox and drifting. track diagram should be on their site. and coming from wethersfield I think its about and 1h15min not taking scenic route

Old 05-31-2013, 06:50 AM   #12
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

its not the road course?...rough...

Old 05-31-2013, 08:58 AM   #13
dkbmx993

no there autox is the course you probably parked on during the sandy hook show. that is $225. to run the road course you need to sign up for a track day which I have a thread a little further down for july 1 which will run the road course. the link is there to register. to run any road course with any club prices will be $300-345. englishtown is the only one cheaper and that is $225 first time and $125 after.

Old 05-31-2013, 01:50 PM   #14
2010CamaroRS
Driver of the Blue Demon

id almost rather wait...and travel to The Glen for some laps...