Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 07-27-2013, 10:16 PM   #1
IndyZL1

Drives: '13 AGM ZL1
Almost dozed off at 85mph...

and I mean that as a compliment. Ok, so I didn't really doze off, but I could have on my first decent solo road trip - Indy to Chicago and back. This car continues to amaze me; the driving confidence that this car instills is impressive - it's so solid and connected to the road. Yet, cruising at 85 in tour mode is plush enough to lull you to sleep. Which I guess could be a little dangerous! I gently rolled her up to 115 on a couple wide open stretches and it was still as planted and solid as before. I had two hands on the wheel for safety's sake, but it felt like I could've controlled the car with 2 fingers.

I'm in love. That is all.
Old 07-27-2013, 10:21 PM   #2
Taser Deployed

Drives: 2012 Blk ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyZL1 View Post
and I mean that as a compliment. Ok, so I didn't really doze off, but I could have on my first decent solo road trip - Indy to Chicago and back. This car continues to amaze me; the driving confidence that this car instills is impressive - it's so solid and connected to the road. Yet, cruising at 85 in tour mode is plush enough to lull you to sleep. Which I guess could be a little dangerous! I gently rolled her up to 115 on a couple wide open stretches and it was still as planted and solid as before. I had two hands on the wheel for safety's sake, but it felt like I could've controlled the car with 2 fingers.

That's what makes this car special.
Taser Deployed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
..sidenote, the breaks work exceedingly well and can bring one back down in a flash..if needed....
Old 07-27-2013, 11:31 PM   #4
charlietuna

Drives: 2013 ZL1
I feel the same way except I was cruising around 100 over the posted speed limit and officer "friendly" asked for my drivers liscence and insurance card.

My lawyer can't wait to see the results of my guilty plea.
Old 07-28-2013, 01:07 AM   #5
hairtrigger

Drives: 69 Chevelle SS396 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taser Deployed View Post
That's what makes this car special.
Very cool cop.

Yes the car is planted at speed even on rough roads.
Old 07-28-2013, 03:34 PM   #6
IndyZL1

Drives: '13 AGM ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldScoolCamaro View Post
..sidenote, the breaks work exceedingly well and can bring one back down in a flash..if needed....
Very impressed with the stopping power as well. Can't wait to get this thing on a road course!
IndyZL1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2013, 03:48 PM   #7
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyZL1 View Post

IndyZL1,

For a moment, you had me worried. Your feedback is appreciated and I'm happy that your ZL1 is bringing you the ultimate satisfaction even on road trips ! Continue to enjoy and let me know if any concerns arise.

All the best,

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Old 07-28-2013, 05:25 PM   #8
c4maroboy
[HOONIGAN]

Drives: 2012 ZL1 #1848[The HOONIGAN MOBILE]
i totally understand where you are coming from!! I've recently went on a few road trips myself, about six hours or so, and have sometimes found myself dozing off at 80 or 85mph too! the car just feels glued to the pavement, making you almost forget how fast you are going..that is until of course you hear that exhaust note!