Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Suspension / Brakes / Chassis

Old 07-15-2010, 07:09 AM   #15
mikepage0007

Drives: 2010 camaro
mike , my mounts are similar to the one pic above , except yellow bushings?, i would assume red is correct color as every other pedder part is red..also no 2 piece clamp. basically looks like your everday sway bracket..thanks
mikepage0007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 07:13 AM   #16
orange10s.c.

Drives: IOM 2SS RS M6 sunroof
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikepage0007 View Post
your really starting to piss me off.... hows that hood coming along.. i saw you started it, did you get it done..thinking about adding some meth and turn it up a notch... what do you think about wheels? black spoke? iom trim..oh , jumped on it the other day , tires broke loose and cop pulled me over and asked me how tires could start spinning loose @ 15mph roll..needless to say i had to go hire the traffic clinic..
I'm doing the unrestricted motorsports with a window in it. I like the wheels pic. above.
orange10s.c. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2010, 02:11 PM   #17
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by orange10s.c. View Post
I'm doing the unrestricted motorsports with a window in it. I like the wheels pic. above.
i like them but just to afraid after dropping 1 1/2in the tires might rub with the 20mm offset..and the fact that 285 would def be max tire width if they did fit... looking at the lorenzo, as jon @ best wheels said he will see if he can paint my color combo, and i can prob squeeze some 305,s under..we,ll see. lx15 and lorenzo are my 2 pics ..
Old 07-15-2010, 02:13 PM   #18
radz28
Petro-sexual

Drives: Ultra-Grin
Pedders runs 305s with a good offset (that I don't know); but they're on 19s... short tire.

'20 ZL1 Black "Fury"
A10, PDR, Exposed CF Extractor
Magnuson Magnum DI TVS2650R // TooHighPSI Port Injection // FF // Katech Dual In-Tank // Soler 103 // PLM Heat Exchanger // ZLE Cradle bushings // BMR Chassis-Suspension Stuff // aFe Bars // Diode Dynamics LEDs // ACS Composites Guards // CF Dash // Aeroforce // tint // other stuffs
radz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2010, 01:40 AM   #19
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Drives: 5th Gen Rental
Quote:
i like them but just to afraid after dropping 1 1/2in the tires might rub with the 20mm offset..and the fact that 285 would def be max tire width if they did fit... looking at the lorenzo, as jon @ best wheels said he will see if he can paint my color combo, and i can prob squeeze some 305,s under..we,ll see. lx15 and lorenzo are my 2 pics ..
Your wheel company should have the data necessary to advise you on fitment. With a great fitment, you can go quite large on the tires.

so exciting times are coming for you for sure.

Great chatting with you tonight

mike
Info@PeddersUSA.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2010, 01:03 AM   #20
mikepage0007

Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Adaptor spacer plate for the front swaybar stop clamp brackets should arrive in warehouse Friday. I am waiting on these to address movement on my front swaybar. Just need to replace old bracket/bushing with the rear kit stops(picture below) and add the new spacer plate to address clamp/frame clearance.

Your shop should be aware of this.
sting, any luck on getting these parts..are you done ..car is sitting on lift all week waiting to try to finish my pedder install...don,t really want to pay shop to install old brackets do alignment , then pull sways off and reinstall new brackets with spacers and clamps..
Old 07-24-2010, 02:10 AM   #21
Info@PeddersUSA.com

We have a permenant outstanding fix for the fitment. Our fix keeps the geometry of the swaybars in the most ideal location for maximum control.

All parts have been shipped out that we have been contacted on.

We now have a large inventory of sway bars with all the upgraded components.

Here is a link for a Pedder Solution B sales speciial

pedders solution b package
Old 07-24-2010, 03:30 AM   #22
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
sting, any luck on getting these parts..are you done ..car is sitting on lift all week waiting to try to finish my pedder install...don,t really want to pay shop to install old brackets do alignment , then pull sways off and reinstall new brackets with spacers and clamps..
I've been told the spacers shipped out on 7/21. Pedders typically ship UPS Ground so I expect it here possibly by next Friday(6-10 bus. days). Will provide update later. Almost done. When I do FI, will address trailing arm/bushings. Still undecided at the various options. (Pedders, Pfadt, BMR, Spohn)

I'm guessing the spacers shouldn't change geometry that much so I won't affect alignment. I've been told my fabricated version is similar to the Pedders version. I didn't finish prep/painting it since Pedders is providing a permanent fix. Here's what I started to make...
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2010, 12:46 AM   #23
mikepage0007

thanks for input sting...thanks for staying on top of this mike and good communication with me...i,m not mad at pedders or mike , was just getting a little frustrated...i will call extreme perf. today as i am back in florida and let them know parts are coming..i know friday they had the coilovers on but not sure if they got all my bushings in ...but not in rush as long as i know brackets are in transit...thanks
Old 07-26-2010, 12:29 AM   #24
Info@PeddersUSA.com

Quote:
thanks for input sting...thanks for staying on top of this mike and good communication with me...i,m not mad at pedders or mike , was just getting a little frustrated...i will call extreme perf. today as i am back in florida and let them know parts are coming..i know friday they had the coilovers on but not sure if they got all my bushings in ...but not in rush as long as i know brackets are in transit...thanks
I very much appreciatte your patience.

thanks
mike
Old 07-26-2010, 07:33 PM   #25
mikepage0007

mike they had car put together today and aligned, thing looked awsome.. they did recieve the shims last week and installed them ..question 1 , they used the yellow bushings , are they EXACTLY same just different color? if not i will have them swap out the red... question 2..i did recieve a box today with the 2 red mounts and clamps and will be dropping them off tomorrow...but i only recieve 2 red bushing mounts , so this would not be able to do both sways..i have no problem using the yellow if they are only cosmetic..what do i do?? with my gfx ,you would need to slide a mirror under to see anything..they will swap ,no problem.i told them to hold off...but they wanted to get everything dialed in and aligned today..: it was there 1st full pedders kit .THEY THOUGHT IT WAS AWESOME after they dialed it in.{ they took some test runs} .alignment bolts were great they said and when i asked how it campared to pfadt { they have done a couple} they said they were impressed and for the value{ price comparison} would def recommend pedders over pfadt...this was THERE opinion...overall they were impressed in launch , handling and alignment..thanks again mike and let me know about bushing swap out
Old 07-26-2010, 10:34 PM   #26
sting808

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Just got the spacers in the mail today. They look great as compared to my backyard butchered pieces. I can finish off the front before car goes into body shop.

OT,
Mike, was that you in the Street Customs 69 GTO body on a 2006 chassis episoide? Now, that car looked great, except for the star logos. Classic looks with a modern rolling chassis and interior. Hate to see the price tag. Should've gotten a 2010 Challenger or Camaro. (Mopar deserves respect, too)
Attached Images

sting808 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2010, 11:58 PM   #27
mikepage0007

hey sting, glad you got your stuff...where you @ mike...was doing some reading and was wondering if the yellow bushings are Nolathane ...i def would rather have the red urethane if that is the case.....will call you tomorrow so i can let extreme know whats up...they still have my catch can ,raptor light and a few other things..but nned to get car out by this friday
Old 07-27-2010, 07:06 AM   #28
1977and2010
Tampa Gulf Coast Family

Drives: 1977 Z28, 2SSRS 2010 M6
Quote:
Originally Posted by sting808 View Post
Just got the spacers in the mail today. They look great as compared to my backyard butchered pieces. I can finish off the front before car goes into body shop.

OT,
Mike, was that you in the Street Customs 69 GTO body on a 2006 chassis episoide? Now, that car looked great, except for the star logos. Classic looks with a modern rolling chassis and interior. Hate to see the price tag. Should've gotten a 2010 Challenger or Camaro. (Mopar deserves respect, too)
What's the purpose for the spacers? Is it to raise the d-bushings up to fit the clamps better next to the frame? I just ground the clamps down to slide between the swaybar and frame.