Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 06-14-2011, 11:12 PM   #127
One Mean Chevy
Future Vette Owner (201?)

Drives: A Mobile Road Block
Quote:
Originally Posted by yellowLS View Post
And I reply with, " Uhhhh I'm driving a Camaro, that doesn't count?" and he responded with " Not the V6 son."
I'm thinking he was clueless that YEAH Its a V6, But its a 300+HP Direct Injected V6 that can give a 2009 Mustang GT(V8) a Run for its money.

GM, WILL SURVIVE AND WILL BE BETTER THAN EVER.

2011 Camaro SS (6-Speed) w/RS Package. Its Great to be back in Black and a Chevy Again.

----------------------------
One Mean Chevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:35 PM   #128
mikeSS

Drives: 2015 c7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dragoneye View Post
No need. As I read those quotes, Muscle Cars came in both V6 and V8 form.

I wish everyone would stop debating this like it mattered.
you are right i wish too it could stop, but its normal. i bet challengers, mustangs, vettes. all have this on there forums.

think about how all of these threads get started. its not like a v8 owner makes a thread and starts a bash fest. it is ALWAYS a v6 owner making a thread how some body either made fun, disrespects, ask if its a v8 etc. and then people like me and others are just trying to explain why some people act that way towards there car. we mean zero disrespect when we try to explain. but then they feel the need to defend themselves. when nobody is talking down to them.

yes both cars are a beauty, and thats why everyone wants them. and why we are seeing more and more of them on the road. and a camaro is a camaro!

but to be 100% honest, it does matter what engine is under the hood. why would anybody buy a v8? hell, i could have saved thousands getting a loaded v6. maybe on forum talk it doesn't matter because we try to keep a friendly environment. but in reality it simply is not as candy coded. its a harsh world out there, and people will be disrespectful. thats life. no need to get all mad over it. and come here and need people to make you feel better for buying what you bought.

it is very hard to take the reality of the world, and turn it into friendly forum talk. when somebody ask why they get crap for a v6, the real answer is thats reality, you can post on the forums, but be ware it will be candy coded.
mikeSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:43 PM   #129
oyealiz

Drives: c7 3LT, manual, vert
Send a message via AIM to oyealiz Send a message via Yahoo to oyealiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeSS View Post
you are right i wish too it could stop, but its normal. i bet challengers, mustangs, vettes. all have this on there forums.

think about how all of these threads get started. its not like a v8 owner makes a thread and starts a bash fest. it is ALWAYS a v6 owner making a thread how some body either made fun, disrespects, ask if its a v8 etc. and then people like me and others are just trying to explain why some people act that way towards there car. we mean zero disrespect when we try to explain. but then they feel the need to defend themselves. when nobody is talking down to them.

yes both cars are a beauty, and thats why everyone wants them. and why we are seeing more and more of them on the road. and a camaro is a camaro!

but to be 100% honest, it does matter what engine is under the hood. why would anybody buy a v8? hell, i could have saved thousands getting a loaded v6. maybe on forum talk it doesn't matter because we try to keep a friendly environment. but in reality it simply is not as candy coded. its a harsh world out there, and people will be disrespectful. thats life. no need to get all mad over it. and come here and need people to make you feel better for buying what you bought.

it is very hard to take the reality of the world, and turn it into friendly forum talk. when somebody ask why they get crap for a v6, the real answer is thats reality, you can post on the forums, but be ware it will be candy coded.
That's "candy coated."

You really don't think you talk down to folks here with v6s?

There's lots of talk on Vette forums about stick vs auto and such, but no v6 vs v8, of course.
oyealiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2011, 11:59 PM   #130
JKBUMBLEBEE
TEAM LLT ! NY5thGEN

Drives: 2011 3.6L V6 328HP Camaro
**** him, he's a hater
Old 06-15-2011, 12:26 AM   #131
metallicide

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
Its his show, his choice.......I dont really disagree, but it does seem wierd. But theirs nothing that exciting or special about the v6 camaro, besides its a new camaro, other than that....yes i know its a 300hp v6....so what?

Just my oponion......
Old 06-15-2011, 12:32 AM   #132
Skill377

Drives: 04 Toyota Camry
You should start your own car show or meeting. Make up a rule like any old school hot rods/cars are not allowed if it's not a V6 lol Also that old dude who kicked you out is.. BANNED for life!
Skill377 is offline   Reply With Quote