Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Z/28 Forum - Z/28 Specific Topics

Old 01-29-2014, 03:43 PM   #15
Skylane765

Drives: ZL1-1LE, Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SSRS@Gen5diy View Post
Your new here, but any one from this site that remembers the early days of the gen5 knows not to pay over MSRP, We had 3 deals for the 2014 Z/28 at MSRP if the dealer got the car, one did not get a 2014 but does have a 2015 at MSRP, one we ordered from, and 1 more will let me know today if they can get me a 2014 at MSRP.
Anyone can pay what they want to pay for a car over or under list. There is no rule or law selling over or buying over or under list.

Many cars that are limited go over list just as easy as if they have too many they will be way under list. It is supply and demand. I can see many being sold for over MSRP. If you do not want to pay over, just do not buy it. That's easy to do.

And then you have all the posts that they know of dealers selling for over and some for list, but what counts is to see a sales slip for what it is bought for.
Skylane765 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 03:50 PM   #16
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by backtotintops View Post
In my quest I found a 14 with 10k over, and a 15 with 10k over and a 15 with 5k over. I will not pay more than msrp.

How did you all do with the dealers???....did you get shaved over msrp? C'mon be truthful.

...AND I argued with a guy at one of the largest chevy dealers in the north east a few days ago. He assured me nobody had allocation yet and/or placed any orders. I told him he was wrong. This is so disappointing when people who are paid to know actually know nothing and I guy like me with google knows more...sad.
No one on here has any proof what they have payed for any Z28, until then no one really knows what they are paying for it.
MSRP. = manufacturer SUGGESTED retail price. Most pay under.

Last edited by Skylane765; 01-29-2014 at 04:08 PM.
Old 01-29-2014, 05:32 PM   #17
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skylane765 View Post
Most pay under.
not based on anything I have come across. It is very hard to find msrp on anything...under I doubt.

I will be updating that sticky tomorrow with all the "Stealers"
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:33 PM   #18
backtotintops

Drives: 14 Z/28 0#
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Stig View Post
We have a sticky for the price gouging dealers too.
link please???
backtotintops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 05:49 PM   #19
Iron Lung Jimmy

Drives: Iron Lung, Jimmy
Any dealer who sells the Z/28 at MSRP is kind of stupid really. Seriously.

Most dealers will get, what, one to maybe three? Demand will almost certainly far outstrip that supply. So why would you, the dealer, sell it for less than what the market will bear... to be a nice guy? To maintain goodwill throughout the community? Why?

If you want to be a nice guy, fine I guess. But it's costing you money. Your call.

As for the goodwill part, 99% of your customers don't even know a Z/28 exists much less will be upset that you sold one for market price. So you are going to piss off, what, maybe 10 people? People who are unlikely to buy any other car from you anyway.

And that ten would really probably only be one person... the guy #1 on the list who doesn't want to pay what someone further down would be willing.

Nobody complains when the market value of a car is below the suggested retail price and they get to pay less. Why such an uproar when it is above and the dealer simply takes what the market is willing to give?
Iron Lung Jimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:06 PM   #20
ShnOmac

Drives: 2006 Silverado SS, 2009 G8 GT
Quote:
link please???
Two different threads in the sticky section... One for MSRP and below and one for price gouging dealers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
ShnOmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:07 PM   #21
macalot

Drives: 1969 Z/28 + 2015 Z/28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Lung Jimmy View Post
Any dealer who sells the Z/28 at MSRP is kind of stupid really. Seriously.
Maybe from your perspective.
My dealer is selling mine at MSRP. They base their decision on a couple of things:
They want to see the car in the area, with the owner being a car enthusiast and one that will drive it and not store it.
The downside for selling above MSRP for them is that usually the buyers are from out of state or distant to some degree. This means that they won't ever see the car again. It also means that they won't make any money on any warranty work and who knows what else. They know this from experience selling high end/hard to get corvettes and camaros in the past.
That doesn't sound stupid to me.
macalot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 06:51 PM   #22

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS LS3
From what I've seen in this forum in the past, I doubt if any buyer who paid any dealer mark-up would be in a hurry to make it known...

I hope from what some have said, that they have actually made a "deal" to buy at MSRP and that there won't be any broken promises or other bs on the price once the car gets close to delivery....

Perhaps if a dealer only knows it will get "one" or possibly "two" Z/28s total to sell, the "bad publicity" over marking up their one and only car isn't worth the grief....If they thought they had a lot more, perhaps dozens to sell, they'd get marked up for sure....

...Good luck to all who buy.....Even if there is some mark-up, in this car's case it might be worth pulling the trigger anyway, as you may not get another chance...
90503 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2014, 08:24 PM   #23
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShnOmac View Post
Two different threads in the sticky section... One for MSRP and below and one for price gouging dealers.

http://www.camaro5.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10
Remember, you can not say it is gouging. No body NEEDs a Camaro at $75k.
Now if the item was medical needs food or water, then over pricing some item would be gouging. It's like saying some owner of a used car should not sell his used car for more than blue book.
Old 02-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #24
Fraxum

Drives: a M6 LT1 ordered From Becky!!!
Send a message via AIM to Fraxum
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stingray View Post
Holding allocation #2 at a local dealership, MSRP for a '15 MY was offered to me... I'm 50/50 if I want the Z/28 or not, well more like 40/60.
I wonder how a Z/28 stacks up against a Z51. What if your Z51 is faster on the track? For sure a '15 Z06 will be.

I would never pay ADM. Although I did once by not looking carefully at the contract. To soon old and too late smart. If you are patient you can do better.
Old 02-03-2014, 10:06 PM   #25
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
In my quest I found a 14 with 10k over, and a 15 with 10k over and a 15 with 5k over. I will not pay more than msrp.

How did you all do with the dealers???....did you get shaved over msrp? C'mon be truthful.

...AND I argued with a guy at one of the largest chevy dealers in the north east a few days ago. He assured me nobody had allocation yet and/or placed any orders. I told him he was wrong. This is so disappointing when people who are paid to know actually know nothing and I guy like me with google knows more...sad.
sheeeeet, let em sit. They ain't sitting on gold or anything....by now less than MSRP should be attainable. Just sayin.
Old 02-04-2014, 04:03 PM   #26
Angrybird 12
7 year Cancer Survivor!

Drives: 17 Cruze RS, 07 G6 GT, 99 Astro
I don't even like to pay MSRP and have not and will never pay a added dealer markup. It's basically robbery in my book. I have paid MSRP three times in my life and was hesitant each time. They were hard cars to get at the time and most dealers were charging a ADM on that model.
If everyone refused to pay over MSRP that practice would go away.
Old 02-04-2014, 06:44 PM   #27
Msmall143

Drives: Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by macalot View Post
Maybe from your perspective.
My dealer is selling mine at MSRP. They base their decision on a couple of things:
They want to see the car in the area, with the owner being a car enthusiast and one that will drive it and not store it.
The downside for selling above MSRP for them is that usually the buyers are from out of state or distant to some degree. This means that they won't ever see the car again. It also means that they won't make any money on any warranty work and who knows what else. They know this from experience selling high end/hard to get corvettes and camaros in the past.
That doesn't sound stupid to me.
So you don't think they could find someone local who drives the car to pay above MSRP?
Msmall143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2014, 07:52 PM   #28
Skylane765

Quote:
Originally Posted by Angrybird 12 View Post
I don't even like to pay MSRP and have not and will never pay a added dealer markup. It's basically robbery in my book. I have paid MSRP three times in my life and was hesitant each time. They were hard cars to get at the time and most dealers were charging a ADM on that model.
If everyone refused to pay over MSRP that practice would go away.
If a buyer pays over or under MSRP the practice has nothing to do with it ever going away. It all boils down to supply and demand, just like 0001 went for way over MSRP and that was to charity. Now even if it was not charity it would have sold for more than MSRP. Why is it any different if a owner sold his car for more than blue book? There are many things out there selling for more and also less than MSRP. If you wait for two more years you can get a ZL1 and a Z28 for way less than they sold new. I will never pay over MSRP but there are some that will and nothing wrong with that, if that's what they want to pay so be it.