Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > General Automotive + Other Cars Discussion

Old 09-08-2009, 08:25 AM   #43
Ultimate_Bumblebee
On order 2LT Rally yellow

Drives: Acura TSX 2007, 2LT T-form edi
How come you didn't buy the anti-rust undercoating? Or buy one of those rust inhibitor ion boxes? Undercoating...even DIY is a good idea. It's not a quality issue...they just want you to buy that expensive undercoating.
Ultimate_Bumblebee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 08:37 AM   #44
Ranger 75

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS IBM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blownhotrodder View Post
You guys get a tetanus shot and stop crying.
Ranger 75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2009, 01:23 PM   #45
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
From reading all the posts it looks like you have some pictures. I thought I would add one of the underside of my car. If you notice the water spots on the exhaust. I have already driven mine in the rain. The car is a few weeks old... but so far no rust under it at all. When the exhaust was being installed I took a good look too.

As a ex-mustang owner... that sucks about the rust. I have owned a 92 GT, 93 Cobra and a 94 GT. Non looked like that after years of use. I hope Ford steps up and fixes the problem.

Have you considers a Rust Converter coating. (You apply it and it turns black.) I used it on the floor pans of my 65 Stang. It worked great and the car never rusted there again.

Here is a link to one brand. http://www.corroseal.com/

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 06:42 PM   #46
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
"As a ex-mustang owner... that sucks about the rust. I have owned a 92 GT, 93 Cobra and a 94 GT. Non looked like that after years of use. I hope Ford steps up and fixes the problem."

Making progress, Ford will be moving to a painted axle on the rest of the 2010 Shelby GT 500 production starting this fall. No word on what will happen with existing 2010 owners but will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Steve

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2009, 07:35 PM   #47
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
"As a ex-mustang owner... that sucks about the rust. I have owned a 92 GT, 93 Cobra and a 94 GT. Non looked like that after years of use. I hope Ford steps up and fixes the problem."

Making progress, Ford will be moving to a painted axle on the rest of the 2010 Shelby GT 500 production starting this fall. No word on what will happen with existing 2010 owners but will keep you posted.

Thanks again,

Steve
Nice I think painted axles should be standard on the gt500 i can understand cutting costs on the GT but not the shelby :/
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2009, 06:29 PM   #48
War Eagle

Drives: 1969 Chevelle, Avanti, 2010 GT500
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
Nice I think painted axles should be standard on the gt500 i can understand cutting costs on the GT but not the shelby :/
I just sent a copy of this letter along with a full package of rust photos to all of the car magazines and consumer reports.

Steve
.................................................. ...................................
Hi Steve - I was forward some communication that you sent to Ford regarding your GT500 axle. I have some more information regarding this topic.

Specifically, we are currently testing painted axles and will be switching over to painted axles soon (likely this fall timeframe) once the testing is successfully completed. Please let me know if you have already painted your axle. If not we can touch base with you when we go live with this change and see how we can get you an updated axle.

Thanks,
Jamal A. Hameedi
SVT Chief Nameplate Engineer

Back in a Chevelle after 41 years.

Last edited by War Eagle; 09-11-2009 at 06:54 PM.
War Eagle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:17 AM   #49
fdjizm
Account Suspended

Drives: 2008 Mustang GT/CS
Quote:
Originally Posted by War Eagle View Post
I just sent a copy of this letter along with a full package of rust photos to all of the car magazines and consumer reports.

Steve
.................................................. ...................................
Hi Steve - I was forward some communication that you sent to Ford regarding your GT500 axle. I have some more information regarding this topic.

Specifically, we are currently testing painted axles and will be switching over to painted axles soon (likely this fall timeframe) once the testing is successfully completed. Please let me know if you have already painted your axle. If not we can touch base with you when we go live with this change and see how we can get you an updated axle.

Thanks,
Jamal A. Hameedi
SVT Chief Nameplate Engineer
You sent a letter with pictures of your cars surface rust to ALL car magazines and consumer reports? overdoing it a little bit? obviously you are FURIOUS with your car, i really think you should talk to them about taking the car back. what is it that you want to get out of what you are trying to do because i dont see it going too far, lawsuit maybe? for surface rust that everyone knows about since what 1965?

IMO you are seriously overdoing it now. but if it's worth the stress for you.
fdjizm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2009, 08:44 AM   #50
All-Or-Nothing
Account Suspended

Drives: BMW 6 series Vert
Quote:
Originally Posted by fdjizm View Post
You sent a letter with pictures of your cars surface rust to ALL car magazines and consumer reports? overdoing it a little bit? obviously you are FURIOUS with your car, i really think you should talk to them about taking the car back. what is it that you want to get out of what you are trying to do because i dont see it going too far, lawsuit maybe? for surface rust that everyone knows about since what 1965?

IMO you are seriously overdoing it now. but if it's worth the stress for you.

I agree with you. This guy is going way overboard. Should have just dealt with Ford directly. I can tell this is one of those guys who are never satisfied with anything. He's the guy who is always yelling at managers and workers and demanding immediate service.

Seriously, what does Motortrend or any other magazine have to do with your problem. NOTHING. You are making a fool of yourself for something that was probably gonna be handled by Ford anyways.
All-Or-Nothing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2009, 05:46 PM   #51
Wesman

Drives: Trans Am
You should have at least given Ford/SVT a chance to respond before trying to tarnish their name by sending in complaints to magazine and Consumer Reports.

Obviously the guy from SVT is willing to address the problem, its not like they are ignoring you.

Should Ford have painted the axles? Obviously. But were talking about surface rust here, its not like theres rust holes in the axle tubes.
Wesman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2009, 01:32 PM   #52
vee8

Drives: Ford
War Eagle.......

I, for one, am glad that you went the distance with your complaints. The reason that the consumer has been shafted by the domestic auto makers for so long is because we were brand loyal lemmings.

We should hold manufacturers to excellence. We should make them raise the bar...not continually making excuses for them to not do their jobs. Our collective silence is what allowed car manufacturers to degrade like they did.

It's sad reading some of the threads where people have spent nearly 40,000 dollars on a car and then make excuses for it when it does have speaks/rattles.
vee8 is offline   Reply With Quote