Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro Price | Ordering | Tracking | Dealers Discussions

Old 06-19-2009, 07:46 AM   #15
jm88
RJT 2SS RS Auto -"Sookie"

Drives: 13 BMW X6 50i - M Perf
Exclamation

The one warranty that is worth it's weight in gold is the "Wheel and Tire" warranty. Hit just one deep pothole and bend your rim and you'll be VERY happy you bought it ! Mine ran about $650 tax included.
jm88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 06:10 PM   #16
SummoneR
Paul

Drives: '10 2SS/RS M6 "Marauder"
Send a message via Yahoo to SummoneR
Thumbs down

**UPDATE**

Okay I just got off the phone with Dave Rogers The General Manager of John L Sullivan.
First thing he asked was what I ordered. I explained to him what I ordered, but even from the very beginning he would not let me finishing talking, he kept interrupting. So I finally finish what telling him what I ordered. He then proceeds to tell me how people are buying this car and selling it on ebay for $5,000 over sticker, not that that is my intention. Or how other dealers are selling the car for $10,000 over MSRP etc… I tell him I understand this, I am a member of the Camaro5 forum and I read about this stuff every night. He then goes on to tell me about how it’s a classic supply and demand issue with this limited production vehicle. I tell him, it’s not limited production they are making over 450 a day, and the reason the demand outweighs the supply is that there are ~15,000 pre orders, meaning people ordered them prior to them being available so of course you would have a supply and demand problem.

I then told him I just want the car I ordered without the extras, he told me that by adding this they are adding value to the car, and that they are not making much on this mark up compared to what other dealers are with their non added value mark ups. I said you can’t say that, I know for a fact your mark up on the tinted windows is 4 times what it cost to put on the vehicle. That’s huge! He says I didn’t say we weren’t making any money, I said not very much… So I asked you’re going to use my order to stock your show room? If so I am going to cancel my order. At this point I was walking through a hallway that had really bad reverb. So he says “I’m not going to let you talk to me this way call me back when you settle down.” I exit the hallway and ask Dave talk to you how? He said you’re raising your voice (a side effects of the reverb in the hallway) and telling me what I am going to do and what you’re going to do as a consequence. I told him sorry about that I was in a hallway. So from the beginning he was being an @$$. It got worse from there. Prior to talking to him I was planning on asking to exchange some of the forced add-ons, for example to forget the tinted windows and paint sealant but I would take the car cover, some ground effects and the clear bra after I paint my stripes, and that I would be taking my vehicle to them for service etc… and pass the good word on the forum that he worked it out for me… but that is not the case .
He said that when they get a car on the lot in a few months that is exactly what I want he would be willing to sell it to me at MSRP or even lower no problem but not this car… well jack @$$ my car won’t be there for a few months anyway… and now you’ve just screwed yourself over because you want to make extra money on this… I tried to tell him I just want the car I ordered and not the one he wants to sell me. He said I will but not this car, I said then cancel my order, he asked if I was a dealer because I have no clue how this stuff works. He said there was nothing to cancel. I said yes there is, I ordered a car from you, you used my name to place the order. Now I want you to cancel my order. He said go ahead and send me a fax letter or your cancelation (wait first you tell me there is nothing to cancel now yout el me this?) So I said no I’d rather come in and see you cancel it in person. He said there is nothing to see…

BS I said well Dave your basically telling me to screw off, so I am telling you I am done working with you and you will hear about the fallout from this from every media I decide to post it, so screw you Dave, thanks for talking to me. Have a good day. Good bye,

The End…(I hung up)
So have loose boys and girls… I think this is BS I plan to contact the BBB, the State attorneys general office, and the media… I am taking my business elsewhere and I would highly suggest everyone else who shops there to do the same… to screw over an existing customer, and go back on your word is just BS!
I could have understood if they told me this up front, but to wait until they get a bunch of sold orders then pull this and then not follow through… forget supply and demand and all that other psycho babble… this is just bad business.

EDIT:
Seriously if anyone wants to express to them how F'ed up this is.

Dave Rogers - 916-788-8706
General Manager (for Chevrolet Chrysler & Toyota dealerships)
www.chevyworld.com
700 Automall drive
Roseville, CA 95661
1-800-811-9464

Last edited by SummoneR; 06-25-2009 at 12:31 AM.
SummoneR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2009, 10:20 PM   #17
Vash

Drives: 00 Blazer
That's just aweful.

I would not even give them the biz at this point with that attitude. You probably should try to complain to GM and see if you can get one from someone on the MSRP list.

Good Luck.
Vash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:10 AM   #18
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
Hey give me a call, I just bought a 2010 2ss victory red 2k over msrp no bs tint or silly ass paint protectant. 209-200-2562 cell What I did was EBAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I found several dealers east of us in Nor Cal and they delivered today! If i wanted they would deliver the car $700.00 Rather my daughter and I are flying to Indy to get my new baby and we will have a once in a lifetime road trip home. $38K DONE!
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:13 AM   #19
jayson71

Drives: 2010 Victory Red Camaro
I will even fly to the east coast and drive back with you hell yeah. CAll "Chip" at Jones Ford he has a black 2SS ready right now1-814-406-4964. 2SS Black $38k no other BS
jayson71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vash View Post
That's just aweful.

I would not even give them the biz at this point with that attitude. You probably should try to complain to GM and see if you can get one from someone on the MSRP list.

Good Luck.
I don't plan on it, I want to cancel my order but he tells me there is nothing to cancel...? right, can I call GM directly and have them cancel it?

I just got home from watching the new Transformer and I just got angry know that @$$$ wipe did this to me. I was really looking forward to my car, and it was going to be the first ABM in Nor cal that I know of... Now if I can't cancel it he is going to sell it to someone else.

I remember he asked me who I was to talk to him like this... Uh I am/could have been a paying customer jerk off!

How was I talking to him I was just asking him why I can't get the car I ordered...
Old 06-25-2009, 12:24 AM   #21
SummoneR
Paul

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayson71 View Post
I will even fly to the east coast and drive back with you hell yeah. CAll "Chip" at Jones Ford he has a black 2SS ready right now1-814-406-4964. 2SS Black $38k no other BS
Same here I'd fly out just to enjoy the drive home! if it cost me $4,000 in gas that money better spent then on the "added value" crap they are pushing...
Old 06-25-2009, 03:24 AM   #22
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
SummoneR, pm me a number that I can contact you at. I might have a dealer you can go to.
Old 06-25-2009, 09:48 AM   #23
mattdancer

Drives: 2010 Camaro!
Having the same experience with them, I ordered my car back in December, and have been told the whole time that they would sell it to me at MSRP with no markups, now that my car is due here in a week I am being told that they are adding $4000 to my car. They have had 7 months to tell me they were going to rip me off, and they tell me a week before my car gets here. With my car coming any day, I just wasted 7 months waiting for this car, and now will not buy it because of these lying swindlers.

I have been talking to EVERYONE at the dealership, what a bunch of lying scum bags they all are, I have talked to the salesmen there, two of the managers, the general manager, and even the Sullivans; they are all the same. Everyone one of them have told me the same thing as they have told paul, screw off.

I'm with you Paul, you have my number so give me a call and we will work on getting media and what not.
mattdancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 10:24 AM   #24
00firebird

Drives: 2000 pontiac firebird
they probably WANT to screw their customers just so they can resell the car 'on ebay' as he mentioned to you for more money.
sorry for your loss, but i wouldn't take anything other than the ABM that you originally wanted. you could try calling back in a week to see if anything changes. otherwise i would start reporting him through all the media outlets (local television news will really get his panties in a bunch.) they treat customers like this because they don't think you are capable of hurting their business. well its time to show him why you don't treat your customers like that- until 1. he loses his job or 2. he changes his business practices.
00firebird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 11:01 AM   #25
NightmareSS

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS 92 300zx 2001 Ram
man thats some f*cked up shit summoner...you and matt should deff. team up and rip them a new asshole...i dont understand why dealers do this...if they wanna sell the car for more the msrp, why have some1 place an order...cant they just order the car for the lot?
Old 06-25-2009, 12:09 PM   #26
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Wow I just got off the phone with damien and now I see this post... I too have an "order" with John L Sullivan and I am being told the same thing about 4000 dollars worth of extra stuff that myself nor my wife want. I was told MSRP from the beginning. Never mentioned about 4K worth of extra stuff. I am willing to grease the wheels maybe by ordering the tint and the car cover but I have my own car detailer that is going to do paint protection and I don't want the clear bra. Does anyone or did anyone do the financing up front prior to ordering???? I think that is the only thing that will protect us from this crap. It's bad business practice to do this especially in the 9th inning after stringing all of us along. I'm #5 right now in the ordering string and I placed my order in February. I was expecting the car in August sometime. I'm honestly thinking about traveling around trying to find a 2SS to buy. Problem is that I have a trade in which has to be part of the deal..... So flying out there to pick the car up might not work right now.

I'm getting ready to call the General Sales manager here in a few hours to try to figure out what will make the deal go thru. If the minimum won't cut it i'll cancel my order. And then i'll talk to my lawyer, the better business bureau and everyone on Norcal-LS1, Norcal1320, Norcalvettes, etc will all know the story about the bait and switch tactic used by John L.....
outlawz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2009, 12:14 PM   #27
Supermans
Camaro & Stang Enthusiast

Drives: 2011 Mustang 5.0 in Kona Blue
Quote:
Originally Posted by outlawz View Post
Wow I just got off the phone with damien and now I see this post... I too have an "order" with John L Sullivan and I am being told the same thing about 4000 dollars worth of extra stuff that myself nor my wife want. I was told MSRP from the beginning. Never mentioned about 4K worth of extra stuff. I am willing to grease the wheels maybe by ordering the tint and the car cover but I have my own car detailer that is going to do paint protection and I don't want the clear bra. Does anyone or did anyone do the financing up front prior to ordering???? I think that is the only thing that will protect us from this crap. It's bad business practice to do this especially in the 9th inning after stringing all of us along. I'm #5 right now in the ordering string and I placed my order in February. I was expecting the car in August sometime. I'm honestly thinking about traveling around trying to find a 2SS to buy. Problem is that I have a trade in which has to be part of the deal..... So flying out there to pick the car up might not work right now.

I'm getting ready to call the General Sales manager here in a few hours to try to figure out what will make the deal go thru. If the minimum won't cut it i'll cancel my order. And then i'll talk to my lawyer, the better business bureau and everyone on Norcal-LS1, Norcal1320, Norcalvettes, etc will all know the story about the bait and switch tactic used by John L.....
This bait and switch tactics is so cruel, mean spirited, idiotic, selfish, greedy, stupid thing any dealer can do.. Since the dealer is sticking you with so much crap you did not order, you should stick all those entities up his @5S and look for another dealer.. I would not give them your money or the satisfaction of the order..
Old 06-25-2009, 02:28 PM   #28
outlawz

Drives: 1995 Camaro Z28 Drag car
Update myself, summoner and mattdancer are three of John L Sullivans potential victims. I'm number 5, matt was ready to take delivery and I think summoner was #6. I think John had the KY already purchased and was getting ready to assrape matt real good followed by me....

I'm jumping ship as well as Matt, but not sure about summoner yet. I've already found a dealer that just gave me my price IN WRITING. And I moved UP on the allocation list to #3 at that dealership. So most likely no difference in wait time over what was expected. I have the fax sitting in my hand.

Soooo i'm thinking that just in this morning of updates John L Sullivan has just lost three pre-orders and about 20,000 in possible revenue. I'm thinking with the 3% holdback, price diff between invoice and MSRP and the obvious overhead of a 1500 dollar wax job they've just lost at least 20 racks....

Might wanna hold off on that KY there John.... unless you're going to use it on yourself..... The audacity of dudes that are already rich. The dude in the other thread was saying how nice John L was being about him wrecking his car in the first month of owning it (he bought the first V6 that was unveiled there and PAID the 4K in upgrades done to the car against his will cause they told him he had no choice)... I told him they're being nice to you cause they are going to grease you up for another turtle wax job that is going to cost you 1500 dollars and him about 150... Hell i'd let you have sex with my sister if you'd pay me 1500 bucks to wax your car....