Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 06-19-2013, 05:52 PM   #71
sstampa

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS RJT
For what it's worth, I posted a very positive message about ECS a couple of days ago and it's crickets in my thread. I love how everyone jumps all over a vendor when there is a bad experience posted for all to see. I'm not defending ECS here, as I have only purchased once from them and don't know either Chris or Doug, just that they went out of their way to make my experience as good as it could be and that the trend on these and other forums is for everyone to get on the band wagon to bash a vendor. I didn't get a chance to read the thread on LS1 before it was removed, so I admit I do not know what was said, but believe it must have been bad given all the attention. I am a manager over 65 people in a large IT company. Everyone makes mistakes and if I axed an employee after every time they had a bad day and did something wrong (like being rude to a customer) I wouldn't have any good employees left working for me. There is more to the story with any vendor active on this board. I know of other vendors that are treated like gold on here that I have reliable information on about major screw ups that are worse than this ECS problem. I would recommend that anyone who is going to get work done at a shop or make a large parts purchase get to know the vendor before shelling out cash, and I'm not just talking about doing a google search as it will be mostly the negative. That's my two cents, and I imagine I'll get flamed for it, but I feel that the good stories need to be told as well.

2011 2SS/RS LS3/M6 RJT, GFX, ECS Blower, FSP Blower Cam, SW 2" headers/3" exhaust, 3.91, tuned by Fasterproms 745 rwhp, 620 rwtq

2012 Silverado 3500HD SRW Duramax/Allison, 540 rwhp, 1100 rwtq.
sstampa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:58 PM   #72
nicave13@gmail.com
LED god

Drives: 2010 Inferno Orange Camaro SS/RS
I didn't get to see the original posts.

I am the type of person who's mouth has always gotten my in trouble and I continue to work in customer service. Talented people like Doug may at times lack the couth or proper wording to deal with customers. I know I do at times. Big time kudos to Chris for not only apologizing but getting the car back to make it right. That right there speaks volumes. Words hurt, but actions last forever. Any partnership needs a ying and yang, 2 points of view to make things work.

Words may always be forgiven and forgotten. Trust, break, repair and then re-gain trust. Like any relationship their is a cycle. I look forward to buying an ECS kit some day and have full confidence in them.