Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Specific Models / Packages > Camaro 1LE Forum

Old 08-25-2014, 04:32 PM   #1
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Drives: '15 1SS-RS/1LE (RRM)
'15 1LE w/ Coil Overs

So the question is and i know a lot of you might disagree but i want to put Coil Overs on my 1LE. What is the Best Set Up (Manufacture) i can go with???

Going to be Tracking Car a few times a year. Also what the ability to lower the stance and adjust setting at the track.

Was originally thinking of going with Phadt but that's all F'd up since they closed there doors.

What other choices are out there that won't break the bank also.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:37 PM   #2
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
What is your budget? I know you do road course events but will this be a track only car or DD as well?

Going with coilovers will improve performance, shouldn't have anyone disagree with you on that. I forget his name but he was there at ACS with a white 1LE last time and he just got a set of Pfadts and said it was a big improvement....FYI
Old 08-25-2014, 04:50 PM   #3
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

It's going to be a Daily also but for about a year. Then getting a commuter for daily. Really don't have a set budget but was thinking about 2k toping out at 3k
Old 08-25-2014, 04:53 PM   #4
ST1LE

Drives: E92 BMW M3
Check out Ridetech.
Old 08-25-2014, 04:56 PM   #5
CHMSC
ROAD COURSE JUNKIE

Drives: 2012 SS/RS LS3
I know there are a few companies I can't think of right now but ride techs are probably your best bang for the $$$$, you also have BC, Megan's, Feal, KW, blisten, eibach, D2 and others I can't think of.

Detroit speed as well but they are $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
Old 08-25-2014, 06:46 PM   #6
JimE

Drives: 2013 2SS/RS/1LE
Talk to Chase (Apex) or JDP. They have several options.

There are numerous topics in the suspension forum on this same subject. It boils down to brand preference and price, as with anything else.
JimE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 07:53 PM   #7
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

So anyone out there use the Megan Spec-RS Coil Overs???? Been looking at these for a while. Cost is reasonable, seems to have the adjustability that I want too. Just would like to know more from someone that has used them. Performance wise would be helpful.

Last edited by Aero_Sport_Concepts; 08-25-2014 at 08:39 PM.
Aero_Sport_Concepts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:02 PM   #8
That_Guy

Drives: n/a
Used them on a couple 240's, no issues
That_Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 08:40 PM   #9
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
I was fortunate enough to score a set of essentially new Pfadt coilovers and camber plates. I thought the same thing at first should i really upgrade my 1LE? but let me tell you the lower ride height and dampening adjustability are amazing!!! also being able to get -3.5 degrees camber is a plus the car drives even better than it did before. from my SS to 1LE was night and day then from 1LE stock to 1LE with coilovers night and day again seriously. Now i haven't been on track yet since i put the coilovers on but i know it is a serious improvement.

As for brand especially with suspension I subscribe to you get what you pay for I'd be looking at either the ridetech TQs or the DSE's If i had the money I'd go with the DSE's as stated before I'd give tyler @ JDP a ring
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:22 PM   #10
KaBoom1701
KaBoom1701

Drives: 13' ZL1 Red M6
Dam Kurt.

Your 1LE hasn't even arrived yet and your buying mods.

I love it.
Roto-Fab Intake, WW Res. kit & Big Gulp Air Scoop, Elite Catch Can, ATI Super Damper & 18% OD Pulley, LF Idler pulley bracket, Metco CC breather, ID850 Injectors, Stainless Power Headers w/ ceramic coating, TR71X Spark Plugs, JMS Fuel Pump Booster, Bo White TB, Tuned by Ted @ Jannetty Racing, Ron Davis HX, D3 Reservoir, Pfadt 1" Springs, Moreno Camber Plates, ZL1 Addons Splitter guard washers, Tow Hook kit & rock guards, Hurst Shifter Billet Plus 6 Speed Short Shifter, ZL1 DRL lighting harness, ZL1 Recaro Seats.
KaBoom1701 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #11
More-Gas

Drives: 2014 1SS 1LE
[QUOTE=KRich2587;7912429]I was fortunate enough to score a set of essentially new Pfadt coilovers and camber plates. I thought the same thing at first should i really upgrade my 1LE? but let me tell you the lower ride height and dampening adjustability are amazing!!! also being able to get -3.5 degrees camber is a plus the car drives even better than it did before. from my SS to 1LE was night and day then from 1LE stock to 1LE with coilovers night and day again seriously. Now i haven't been on track yet since i put the coilovers on but i know it is a serious improvement.

I wish my 1LE performed better on is uneven surfaces or really bumpy roads. Did the messed up roads ride improve with the coilovers?
More-Gas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 09:52 PM   #12
KRich2587

Drives: 2014 Summit White 1LE
I don't know how to describe it but its a lot stiffer but more controlled over the same bumpy roads its not as harsh and maintains better grip with less body roll
KRich2587 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2014, 10:30 PM   #13
Aero_Sport_Concepts
aerosportconcepts@gmail

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaBoom1701 View Post
Dam Kurt.

Your 1LE hasn't even arrived yet and your buying mods.

I love it.
Thats the way I roll man. LoL. No this is one of the mods I had planned right from the get go. Have about 5k to put into it and this is one of the main ones i'M doing. Plus I don't want to have stock ride height.

Was just checking out the RideTech HQ, not top of the line but think they would do well for what i'M planning

Also doing some minor Brake upgrades, Duct Coolers, SS Lines and Fluid swap

Did I mention High Wing.
Old 08-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #14
JDP Motorsports

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS/ 2016 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by slickrichic View Post
So the question is and i know a lot of you might disagree but i want to put Coil Overs on my 1LE. What is the Best Set Up (Manufacture) i can go with???

Going to be Tracking Car a few times a year. Also what the ability to lower the stance and adjust setting at the track.

Was originally thinking of going with Phadt but that's all F'd up since they closed there doors.

What other choices are out there that won't break the bank also.
First off congrats on the 2015 1LE!

The Ridetech coilovers are the best for the money and if you want the absolute best coilovers the DSE units are the way to go. We've used and installed both systems. Please feel free to call, email or PM us anytime with questions.

Kind regards,

Jordan Priestley
JDP Motorsports is offline   Reply With Quote