Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 04-08-2010, 04:37 AM   #1
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Drives: R6P 1SS/RS BLK/L99
Nation Wide C5 Meet And Greet

Hey Everyone, what would everybody think of a Nation Wide Camaro 5 Meet And Greet at our own local Papa John's Pizza Parlor's throughout the country?!

This past August 26th, Papa John's gave away a free pizza to everyone who showed up in a Camaro, regardless of year. I went, got my pizza, and ended up making one of my best Camaro 5 friends, "Revo1" that day.

I was just talking it over with Ben, "Revo1", and thought we'd throw up a thread wondering if all us C5'ers throughout the land would like to have a National Meet and Greet on the exact same day at their local Papa John's Pizza Parlors!

This is all in the early stages, but think about it. It would be a nice way to say thanks to Papa Johns for their Camaro support, and also a way to flex some Camaro 5 Muscle...if we could pull it off!

This doesn't have to be done right away. Maybe in two or three months, so as to really get the word out! If we start getting some support in this thread, then we can start up a poll as to the best date to choose. Heck, once Papa Johns gets wind of it, who knows, they might even cut us a little bit of a deal since every one of their Pizza Parlors will be the center of one heck of a Camaro Car Show!!!

The Location: Nation Wide!!! (Get together and choose up your own PJ's locally if there are multiple locations. Although if you live in a city where the turnout may be huge, everybody may have to be split up amongst them. Get in touch with each other and decide for yourselves.)

The Date: August 26, 2010

The Time: 6pm - however long everyone wants to stay...but 2 hours anyway sounds good.

So far Papa John's is not behind this, so do NOT go there expecting a free pizza!!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~

Last edited by SScattergunSS; 07-09-2010 at 02:17 AM.
SScattergunSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 04:48 AM   #2
Sterling

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT/RS M6
I'd be in for it... I didn't have my Camaro yet last August.
August is 4 months away... should we wait to honor the 1 year anniversary or do it sooner?
Sterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:00 AM   #3
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterlingnotes View Post
I'd be in for it... I didn't have my Camaro yet last August.
August is 4 months away... should we wait to honor the 1 year anniversary or do it sooner?
You know, I was kind of thinking about the whole anniversary thing too. I would give everybody enough time to plan, and the weather should be great in August everywhere. But it's really what everybody is game for? We do kind of need to look at the different schedules, to make sure it doesn't coincide with any major events.

Having said that, This One WILL Be A Pretty Major Event!!!
~ Then conquer we must, when our cause it is just, And this be our motto, "In God is our trust." And the Star Spangled Banner in triumph shall wave O'er the land of the free and the home of the brave ~ Francis Scott Key ~
Old 04-08-2010, 05:40 AM   #4
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
What's good about this is even if someone is out of town for vacation or anything they can still go to a papa johns.
They should give quite a discount because this would be big enought to draw media attention on the national level.

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:42 AM   #5
Mindz
E.B.A.H.

Drives: you wild...
Location: In the happy padded room wearing a jacket that makes me hug myself...
I'd be down. I think there's a local papa john's around here somewhere. If this catches on, I'm sure we could contact PaPa John himself and it'd be a hit.
Old 04-08-2010, 05:43 AM   #6
Blade

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS BVM
Send a message via AIM to Blade
I love PapaJohns!

2012 2SS/RS Build Thread - Totaled by red light runner

2010 LT/RS Build Thread - Traded in for 2012 2SS

2007 Acura TSX

1992 Oldsmobile Achieva V6

1992 Mercury Sable
Blade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:48 AM   #7
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mindz View Post
I'd be down. I think there's a local papa john's around here somewhere. If this catches on, I'm sure we could contact PaPa John himself and it'd be a hit.
I think so too! This could REALLY be alot of fun!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:53 AM   #8
Silverghost

Drives: Z28
What's the thoughts on having all generations of Camaro's be included just as they were with the Papa Johns promotion last year?

www.rivercityperformance.com
Silverghost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 05:57 AM   #9
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Sort of a "Camaros across America" deal. This is a cool idea!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #10
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silverghost View Post
What's the thoughts on having all generations of Camaro's be included just as they were with the Papa Johns promotion last year?
Absolutely...that is the only way to do it!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 05:59 AM   #11
papabearcamaro

Drives: 2012 Chevrolet Silverado 4x4 Z71
I just looked it up and there are 20 locations within 100 miles of me.
I'm all up for it.
SOLD(Traded for 2012 Silverado Z71 4x4 and 2012 Sonic Hatch.)...2010 Camaro 1SS/RS/LS3,yellow with House of Kolor Tangerine Pearl rally stripes,manual trans.Hurst short throw shifter,4 pack rally gauges,Roto-Fab air intake,Kooks long tube headers with high-flow cats,Borla S-Type catback exhaust,Comp Cam,PRC ported heads,Maggie with 3.6 pulley and 1:1 cog drive,secondary fuel system with 65lb injectors,ADM digital A/F and Boost gauge,Pfadt trailing arms and subframe bushings.614.25rwhp/566.82rwtq on 8# of boost.

2012 Chevrolet Silverado 1500 EX.Cab 4X4 Z71.
papabearcamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #12
SScattergunSS
~ Love or Lust ~

Quote:
Originally Posted by garcmol View Post
Sort of a "Camaros across America" deal. This is a cool idea!
~ Camaros Across America ~ that's a great name!!!
Old 04-08-2010, 06:00 AM   #13
Mark H

Drives: 04 Denali
Papa John could even do comercials. Big boost in sales for papa John and great press for GM

But Officer, I swear its just a vacuum leak.

Those red things? those are smog pumps!

2004 Sierra Denali ----- 2/4 drop
LSX 438 TWIN TURBO

LSX Block Video
Block number 00370. Build Date 04/17/2007
Mark H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2010, 06:16 AM   #14
garcmol

Drives: 10 1LT SIM; 91 B4C sleeper Z
Quote:
Originally Posted by SScattergunSS View Post
~ Camaros Across America ~ that's a great name!!!
Sweet!