Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

View Poll Results: 2012 2LT/RS or 2013 1LT/RS?
2012 2LT/RS 56 81.16%
2013 1LT/RS 13 18.84%
Voters: 69. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-27-2013, 04:56 PM   #29
Kleeeb

Drives: 2014 Red Hot 1LT/RS
Send a message via MSN to Kleeeb Send a message via Skype™ to Kleeeb
Quote:
Originally Posted by TuLe View Post
Save and wait a little bit more and get the 2013
I am actually finding some really good deals on a 2013 2LT/RS, so i may just go ahead and make the jump!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:13 PM   #30
JustRaf
YOU.ONLY.LIVE.ONCE

Drives: Camaro 2LT/RS 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeeb View Post
I am actually finding some really good deals on a 2013 2LT/RS, so i may just go ahead and make the jump!
Yes get the 2013 2LT go big bro!. You will love it for sure!
Old 06-27-2013, 05:35 PM   #31
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustRaf View Post
Yes get the 2013 2LT go big bro!. You will love it for sure!
I just have to convince my mom that they ARE in fact, GOOD DEALS. :P
Old 06-27-2013, 06:25 PM   #32
DagoCountyGee

Drives: '15 SS
My link was the reason why I went with a 2013 and the fact that I got it in 2012
If I was gonna get a new car I needed it to have the newest and latest gadgets. I didn't want that dated radio unit.
DagoCountyGee is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 06:40 PM   #33
tomlink

Drives: 2011 Camaro 2LT RS
Send a message via Skype™ to tomlink
I've used MyLink. Sure is cool, but no added function, and HUD is super-cool.
tomlink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2013, 07:00 PM   #34
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by DagoCountyGee View Post
My link was the reason why I went with a 2013 and the fact that I got it in 2012
If I was gonna get a new car I needed it to have the newest and latest gadgets. I didn't want that dated radio unit.
I know but I really enjoy the HUD and the Leather, and also the Ambient Lighting... so i feel like that may cancel out the frameless mirror and MyLink... but who knows? I am trying y hardest to get a 2013 2LT/RS
Old 06-27-2013, 07:15 PM   #35
intensifi

Drives: '12 2LT Convertible
The rearview camera in the mirror on the '12 is a great feature. Looking down at the mylink and not out the windows is a real bad idea when backing up.
Old 06-27-2013, 11:46 PM   #36
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by intensifi View Post
The rearview camera in the mirror on the '12 is a great feature. Looking down at the mylink and not out the windows is a real bad idea when backing up.
Well that is why you look out your windows primarily, and rely on the backup camera just to tell you if anything is in the way. It is not like you still won't look out the windows. It is no different than any other vehicle with the backup camera in the infotainment center!
Old 06-28-2013, 08:24 AM   #37
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
But you can't have the backup camera if you do interchange the mirrors. That sucks and is a deal breaker for me. I have to make the decision if i want the technical features of the 2013 1LT, or the aesthetic features of the 2012 2LT... SO no go with the retrofit.
Way to burst my bubble.

I thought there was a version of the frameless mirror with a display for the backup camera. I thought the backup camera and frameless mirror were standard for '13 and the lower trim level would have the display in the mirror since it doesn't have the touchscreen. I just looked on the chevy website and that doesn't seem to be the case. I would sure hate to lose the camera, but I can't stand that huge clunky mirror.

Does anyone know for sure if there is or isn't a version of the frameless mirror with a rear camera display?
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 10:37 AM   #38
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Way to burst my bubble.

I thought there was a version of the frameless mirror with a display for the backup camera. I thought the backup camera and frameless mirror were standard for '13 and the lower trim level would have the display in the mirror since it doesn't have the touchscreen. I just looked on the chevy website and that doesn't seem to be the case. I would sure hate to lose the camera, but I can't stand that huge clunky mirror.

Does anyone know for sure if there is or isn't a version of the frameless mirror with a rear camera display?
There isn't a version of the frameless mirror with the backup camera integrated. The 1LS and 2LS models do have have the option of a backup camera anyways. It starts with the 1LT and up, and it is routed to the MyLink system. Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you want a 2013 Frameless mirror in your 2012, you are going to have to give up the backup camera! Unless you buy an aftermarket stereo and reroute the camera wire to IT, you are out of luck! Sorry! Let me know what you decide, but for me I think I will end up getting the 2013 2LT/RS anyways. So I get the backup camera AND the framless mirror AND the aesthetic features!
Old 06-28-2013, 11:15 AM   #39
PatsRS

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary Edition
I went from a 1 LT to a 2 LT just a nicer package. My link looks nice and I wish I could have gotten it but oh well!

GM ALL THE WAY!

PatsRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 11:56 AM   #40
JR 1

Drives: 2014 2SS/RS Convertible
Quote:
Sorry to burst your bubble, but if you want a 2013 Frameless mirror in your 2012, you are going to have to give up the backup camera! Unless you buy an aftermarket stereo and reroute the camera wire to IT, you are out of luck! Sorry! Let me know what you decide, but for me I think I will end up getting the 2013 2LT/RS anyways. So I get the backup camera AND the framless mirror AND the aesthetic features!
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to get used to the clunky mirror. It may be ugly, but still looks better than a busted up rear bumper.
JR 1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2013, 04:56 PM   #41
Kleeeb

Quote:
Originally Posted by JR 1 View Post
Thanks for the info. I guess I'll just have to get used to the clunky mirror. It may be ugly, but still looks better than a busted up rear bumper.
or a bent up quarter panel Yes definitely keep your mirror... if you want some nice looking something, see if you can snatch up some Oracle concept mirrors.
Old 06-28-2013, 05:22 PM   #42
RonnieG

Drives: 2013 AGM 1LE/2SS/RS
Quote:
Well that is why you look out your windows primarily, and rely on the backup camera just to tell you if anything is in the way. It is not like you still won't look out the windows. It is no different than any other vehicle with the backup camera in the infotainment center!
also for pinpoint accuracy... most of the time you'll be using this to get into a spot and tuck it in that extra space you otherwise didn't know was there if you didn't have it... with all the limited vision, it's just a nice addition to have...

park it nice or park it twice... or have someone ding ur car.. but that can happen regardless

and then there's this guy
RonnieG is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
1lt, 2012, 2013, 2lt, decision