Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 11-13-2012, 05:18 PM   #1
kle21

Drives: 11 camaro ls
IPF Tune impression

Hi everybody.........I just install IPF tune in my car (2011 V6 manual)

Mike at Hillbank motorsport (Irvine, CA) do a perfect job to install IPF tune for me. My car before running too lean fuel compare to too much air flow because of my mods ( 25mm spacer, Port TB+IM, Roto Fab CAI) all increase air flow. Mike with IPF tuning fix air/fuel ratio and I feel my car accelerate definitely quicker, engine rev quicker+higher, throttle is more responsive. When I test my car, 1st gear max speed increase to 40mph at 7krpm( before is 35 mph), 2nd gear go well 70mph+..

I'm not sure about whp/tq but the difference is pretty much noticeable from low to high rpm range and increase mpg as well. I personally think that Jesse claim about 10% gain in the tune is believable and reasonable.

I highly recommend IPF tune for our v6 family especially with people who modify to increase air flow such as intake,spacer etc. I recommend Mike as installer for anyone who live in socal. Mike personally have supercharge LLT V6 and he know everything about our car. Glad to know that we have one more good option for tuning
kle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 06:06 PM   #2
pgustavson
Stop writing "vert", ffs!

Drives: 2011 2LT Convertible
Before and after dyno graph/time slip or it didn't happen...
Old 11-13-2012, 06:32 PM   #3
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pgustavson View Post
Before and after dyno graph/time slip or it didn't happen...
67 GTO has that covered

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:12 PM   #4
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Hrm...so sounds like the tune must up the rev limiter if you really are hitting those speeds. So maybe thats part of how they are getting the extra peak HP over the other tunes?? Just a thought. But they claim hp/tq under the curve as well so thats good.

I have done quite a bit of poking around online about IPF tunes, as well as questioned both Jesse and Arno (who is under the name ASH@EDS on here and 50% owner) and they have been helpful. Arno told me via PM that on their test LLT (the car they used to develop their SC) that they went from 249rwhp stock to 285rwhp with a 91 octane tune and ran the car on that tune for over a year. As I said elsewhere...that is incredible....near unbelievable.

IPF apparantly has extensive knowlege and experience with the Bosch ECM and because of that they claim they can do great things with it. I want to believe this is possible in part because it would be exciting, and also we have seen that the LFX can make similar gains. With the right tuning, I don't see why the LLT can't as well. But I'm not saying I'm a believer yet.

Time will tell. I can't wait to see more user impressions and more data (dyno sheets...1/4 mile times)
Old 11-13-2012, 07:21 PM   #5
bee sting

Drives: 1997 30th Ann. Z28 & 2010 2LT RS
Old 11-13-2012, 07:33 PM   #6
stikSS
9691 & 97586

Drives: 2010 SS, 1999 SS, 1993 Z28
I'm also following the IPF stuff... I'm looking to do headers and tune on my wife's car... the price is steep IMO so i really need some firm proof that its worth the money

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2
stikSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 07:41 PM   #7
lscamaro

Drives: 2011 CGM Camaro LS A6
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMPrenger View Post
Hrm...so sounds like the tune must up the rev limiter if you really are hitting those speeds. So maybe thats part of how they are getting the extra peak HP over the other tunes?? Just a thought. But they claim hp/tq under the curve as well so thats good.

I have done quite a bit of poking around online about IPF tunes, as well as questioned both Jesse and Arno (who is under the name ASH@EDS on here and 50% owner) and they have been helpful. Arno told me via PM that on their test LLT (the car they used to develop their SC) that they went from 249rwhp stock to 285rwhp with a 91 octane tune and ran the car on that tune for over a year. As I said elsewhere...that is incredible....near unbelievable.

IPF apparantly has extensive knowlege and experience with the Bosch ECM and because of that they claim they can do great things with it. I want to believe this is possible in part because it would be exciting, and also we have seen that the LFX can make similar gains. With the right tuning, I don't see why the LLT can't as well. But I'm not saying I'm a believer yet.

Time will tell. I can't wait to see more user impressions and more data (dyno sheets...1/4 mile times)
67 GTO just posted in the ipf vendor thread that he will post 1/4 mile time slips

Click Picture for Build Thread
lscamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:35 PM   #8
menendez1293
Emerald Coast Camaros

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2LT/RS M6
I need to see the graphs to believe it.
menendez1293 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 09:43 PM   #9
kle21

Drives: 11 camaro ls
I dont have official data yet....what I know is my car can trap higher speed in every gear ( tested 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears already) and rev much quicker......that what I can feel definitely at everyday driving my car......believe or not is up to you........I just do some review to let everybody know that IPF tune is a good option and Im happy with it
kle21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:11 PM   #10
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by kle21 View Post
I dont have official data yet....what I know is my car can trap higher speed in every gear ( tested 1st, 2nd, 3rd gears already) and rev much quicker......that what I can feel definitely at everyday driving my car......believe or not is up to you........I just do some review to let everybody know that IPF tune is a good option and Im happy with it
That's all you can do until you have hard numbers. Trust me there are plenty of people watching, waiting for input, so this is much appreciated.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:12 PM   #11
ChadG

Drives: 2010 Black Camaro LS
Can you link GTO's thread? I can't find it, looking forward to hearing more about this tune.
ChadG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2012, 10:15 PM   #12
Untouchable Keeve

Drives: 2011 1LT
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChadG View Post
Can you link GTO's thread? I can't find it, looking forward to hearing more about this tune.
He doesn't have a thread yet. He posted in the IPF Tuning Menu thread in the v6 vendor section that he'll have time slips and impressions to post soon. He hasn't yet added given any other info.
Untouchable Keeve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 07:31 AM   #13
simt3k

Drives: 2011 Camaro RS 2LT
I thought the IPF tune was with for IPF supercharged vehicles only.
simt3k is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2012, 10:49 AM   #14
KMPrenger

Drives: 16 Camaro SS, 15 Colorado
Quote:
Originally Posted by kle21 View Post
We appreciate whatever info you can give us...its all good! But you know how it is...the more info we can get the better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by simt3k View Post
I thought the IPF tune was with for IPF supercharged vehicles only.
Nope...they do NA as well. Just not to many are running it yet, but hopefully that will change if they are successful with it.