Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

ADM PERFORMANCE
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 03-15-2009, 08:46 AM   #1
Txturbo
Keeper of the Faith

Drives: 2001 Z28 Agressively
Classic Chevrolet takes top-selling title

12:00 AM CST on Saturday, March 7, 2009
Terry Box

We could all use just a shred of good news these days from the recession-ravaged auto industry.

Classic Chevrolet owner Tom Durant is a staunch supporter of GM, having taken on two more Chevy dealerships recently. Here's a little nugget: For the third year in a row, Classic Chevrolet in Grapevine has been named the top-selling Chevy dealership in the U.S.

That in itself is an accomplishment – and helps keep Detroit's attention focused on markets in the Southwest. But at a time when new-vehicle sales nationally and locally were down 30 percent to 40 percent last year, Classic saw only a 12 percent drop in overall sales, general manager Hagen Durant said.

The dealership sold 4,564 cars and trucks last year, vs. 5,201 in 2007.

And highly regarded dealership owner Tom Durant doesn't waver in his support for General Motors Corp.

In December, he bought the former Bill Heard Chevrolet dealership in Tampa, Fla., renaming it Stingray Chevrolet – and how can you not like that name?

Then, shortly after receiving his third national sales trophy, Durant closed on the purchase of another former Bill Heard dealership, which will reopen as Classic Chevrolet in Sugar Land in a few weeks.

Terry Box

2010 Camaro SS R6P
2001 Camaro Z28
1969 Camaro SS clone

Txturbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:21 AM   #2
Baughman

Drives: Black 2SS/RS
I will be paying Classic a visit to get my 2SS/RS Camaro when I get back for sure. Highly recommended from all.
Old 03-15-2009, 09:26 AM   #3
Hesh

Drives: 2010 IOM Camaro Vin 34334
HERE HERE!!! Glad I bought from them, and glad to hear that a Texas dealer is #1 in the US. CONGRATS guys.
Hesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 09:45 AM   #4
diddiyo

Drives: .
doesn't help much when GM as a whole is going down the crapper, does it?
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:42 AM   #5
FirstLSK
Dude, I love my car !!!!

Drives: 2010 Black 2SS/RS white rally
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
doesn't help much when GM as a whole is going down the crapper, does it?

We need more guys like you, with an optimistic attitude to help pull this country together.

Way to go Classic Grapevine. Keep up the good work. Personally, I am working with Toby from there and he has done a wonderful job so far.
FirstLSK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 10:54 AM   #6
Hoss

Drives: 2004GMC Extended Cab
The fat lady isn't singing yet about GM. I feel if needed the Federal Goverment will help more. So many companies, and employees are tied to the Auto Industry.

Classic Chevy is one large dealership in Grapevine, Texas. They must be doing something right......they are expanding!! The Texas economy is doing better than most of the States!! Good luck Guys!!

Most new car buyer aren't smart...they are just happy. If you were smart you wouldn't buy anything and watch the American Way go down the tubes!!
Hoss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:43 PM   #7
gigemrick

Drives: Frontier 6" lift 33's, 03 GSXR
I knew i ordered from the right dealer! Good info thanks for the post.

Ordered: 3/09
Black 1SS
2 Tone Gray/Black Interior
Polished Wheel Upgrade
RS Package
Hurst Option
gigemrick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 04:46 PM   #8
diddiyo

Drives: .
Quote:
Originally Posted by FirstLSK View Post

We need more guys like you, with an optimistic attitude to help pull this country together.
yeah, and we need more people like you that believe "keeping the faith" is what will help in GM's situation

I'm happy there's still dealers that are running a good business. and i'm not saying i wish GM is going down, but just have a look at the current situation and be a little realistic.
diddiyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:41 PM   #9
Redwolf20

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by diddiyo View Post
yeah, and we need more people like you that believe "keeping the faith" is what will help in GM's situation

I'm happy there's still dealers that are running a good business. and i'm not saying i wish GM is going down, but just have a look at the current situation and be a little realistic.
That is happening to all the automakers whether domestic or import. GM just gets the most publicity because its the big dog of them.

Edit: BUT this topic isn't about GM; it's about a great dealership doing a great job in hard times. Good on em!
Redwolf20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 08:18 PM   #10
Cyberfan

Drives: 08 Z06 Vette; 02 T/A Firehawk
Quote:
Originally Posted by gigemrick View Post
I knew i ordered from the right dealer! Good info thanks for the post.
The "RIGHT" dealer is the one that sells me the car for the lowest price. I can service it where I want, and don't care if he sells more than the next guy.
Cyberfan is offline   Reply With Quote