Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LLT Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM   #1
jagan323
I have no life

Drives: 06' Subaru STI, ex-Camaro V6 LLT
Performance Newbie

Hi Guys =D

I've held off this thread for a couple of weeks now, I actually DID as much searching and research as I could on the subjects that I am about to ask. But, I felt it was much more convenient for all the information to be filtered through here. So here goes...

I currently own a A6 Camaro 1LT. Now I have seen, there aren't as MANY mods for performance as there are for the V8 Camaros. Now, regretably, I sort of wished I could have just gotten the V8 instead... but I'll live with my V6. A little background story... My previous car, also FIRST car, was a Nissan Versa 2008... 1.2L, 126hp. As you can imagine, the V6 was a big step up. HOWEVER, as many of you have, and will have experienced... you just love your camaro so much that you MUST UPGRADE!

Now, I'm looking for performance mods for my Camaro... Make it faster. I've read that CAI and a different Exhaust can increase FUEL EFFICIENCY and HP and Torque. What other things can I add to increase these things?

I've also seen lots of other things around, and I would love it if someone could help me with some definitions and what they do.

Camshaft?
X pipe?
Headers?
Difference between Turbo (Twin Turbo) and Super Charger... Can't have them at the same time if I understand correctly @_@

Well thats it for now.
And as always, you guys always come to the rescue, So thanks in advance =D