Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Dragstrip and Launch Techniques Discussion

Old 07-22-2013, 10:01 PM   #71
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by xtreme2s View Post
I have a 46' ATC Quest all aluminum. The goose nose is tapered for best wind efficiency with spread triple's -she pulls like a dream. It's my third trailer, and after a near crash 2 winters ago in a massive snow storm with my prior ATC aluminum 32' bumper pull triple axle, is why I went goose! (plus could go longer for the 2 cars)

She was custom spec'ed by me to haul my 2 Camaro's, a 67 and 10. Both Camaros are highly modded, and lowered. I have custom ramps running entire inside for ease of strapping down and so I can open car doors over the trailer fenders. (can even crawl under the cars if had too) Still tweaking the door ramp after I installed Phadt's coil over kit. With the GFX, I was close to scrapping at pivot point of the ramps. Anyway...also has hidden floor mounted winch, carpeted half sides, e-trac along walls, rubber coin flooring, full length floor e-trac, and specific located d-rings, the goose section walled off w/access door and cabinets mounted on that front wall and steps inside.

Sorry, I'm kinda behind in the picture posting so would gladly post if I knew how, (so don't hammer me) but for those going to C5Fest.... I'm bringing the 67 this year since a class in the Saturday show for 1st Gen's

Ya can't miss it. Its behind a lifted Dodge mega cab dually with big American Force 22's

The mention on prior post of - Cummins? A torque monster! Mine is the 6.7 so to not harsh up warranty issues, I have Gale Banks CAI and muffler with dual tail pipes. With both Camaro's loaded, I get 10.5 to 12.5 mpg (lower mpg is on bio-diesel)
How are you pulling a 46' GN with a lifted truck? The tail of the trailer has to drag like crazy unless you flipped the axles or lifted them. Any type of grade and I'm riding on the tail wheels.

Sounds like a killer set up. Are you racing the modded '10?
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:03 PM   #72
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
My buddy's setup

12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:06 PM   #73
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro Stock John View Post
My buddy's setup

How far does that awning stick out from the trailer? I'm trying to get dual 20' awnings but I'd like them to actually cover the car. Seems most of them are short.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:19 PM   #74
xtreme2s

Drives: Livernois Motorsports 2010 2SS/RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
How are you pulling a 46' GN with a lifted truck? The tail of the trailer has to drag like crazy unless you flipped the axles or lifted them. Any type of grade and I'm riding on the tail wheels.

Sounds like a killer set up. Are you racing the modded '10?

It's no different than stock, all in the set up of the hitch shaft to truck height (for which this trailer was spec'd too). For a mega cab trucks, need to use the off-set instead of the stock hitch, other wise the back window would be hit by corner of the trailer on a turn. (I also have a steep driveways used my bogy wheels at back of trailer)

I auto-x the 67 at Goodguys events, and have also the 10 on the Super Sundays I was planning to Camaro-Cross at C5
xtreme2s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:23 PM   #75
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
It's no different than stock, all in the set up of the hitch shaft to truck height (for which this trailer was spec'd too). For a mega cab trucks, need to use the off-set instead of the stock hitch, other wise the back window would be hit by corner of the trailer on a turn. (I also have a steep driveways used my bogy wheels at back of trailer)

I auto-x the 67 at Goodguys events, and have also the 10 on the Super Sundays I was planning to Camaro-Cross at C5
I had to go with a 9" offset as well. On a tight turn its still close to the cab. If I use the trailer more than a few times a year Ill need to look into a bigger tow rig that dedicated to towing.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:35 PM   #76
xtreme2s

Quote:
I had to go with a 9" offset as well. On a tight turn its still close to the cab. If I use the trailer more than a few times a year Ill need to look into a bigger tow rig that dedicated to towing.
Pretty much what this truck is for. It's my DD, considering how wide I am with dually and 13" wide tires

Also, so my first Fest with taking the truck/trailer. Do you know if allowed to take the rig to the track on Thursday day, unload the 10 to drive to hotel. I stayed at Wyndam for Goodguys, but we unloaded cars at hotel to drive to/from event as did others.

Sucker is a space hog, and would rather not kill a bunch of Camaro spaces on the Thursday night.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:39 PM   #77
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Pretty much what this truck is for. It's my DD, considering how wide I am with dually and 13" wide tires

Also, so my first Fest with taking the truck/trailer. Do you know if allowed to take the rig to the track on Thursday day, unload the 10 to drive to hotel. I stayed at Wyndam for Goodguys, but we unloaded cars at hotel to drive to/from event as did others.

Sucker is a space hog, and would rather not kill a bunch of Camaro spaces on the Thursday night.
If you get to the track before the gates lock, 5pm I think, you'll be able to leave the truck/trailer. I did it last year but we get to the hotel wed night and hit the track first thing on Thursday.

You will not fit in the hotel lot, don't even attempt it. You'll need to pass the main entrance then take your first right. Down that road is an industrial park where you can spin it and then there is a strip of lawn right outside of the backside parking lot where you can park. That's where I will wed and sat night.
Old 07-22-2013, 10:54 PM   #78
Pro Stock John
Writer

Drives: 2010 SS / 1967 Camaro
I'll ask on the awning.
12.37@112 1.85 | + Kooks Headers/Cats + 20" 555R + CAI + BW TB + UDP + Tune
12.06@113 1.70 | + CD 3200 + 18" NT05R + RCR Intake + NE OTR + GPI Tune
11.84@115 1.59 | + 3.91s + Race Star 17x7 Fronts
10.90@125 1.47 | + GPI VVT Cam + BW Ported Heads + CD 3800
Pro Stock John is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2013, 10:55 PM   #79
xtreme2s

Quote:
If you get to the track before the gates lock, 5pm I think, you'll be able to leave the truck/trailer. I did it last year but we get to the hotel wed night and hit the track first thing on Thursday.

You will not fit in the hotel lot, don't even attempt it. You'll need to pass the main entrance then take your first right. Down that road is an industrial park where you can spin it and then there is a strip of lawn right outside of the backside parking lot where you can park. That's where I will wed and sat night.

Thanks for info.... Since coming from Iowa, I drive by the track to the hotel, so I'll exit at the Brownsburg exit to head to track 1st, and if gate open, and allowed to park rig..... unload the 10 for hotel fun, then perfect. If not allowed, then we'll be street side buddy's

(Was inside the lot for GG... trapped though until many left due to length). lol
Old 07-23-2013, 10:05 PM   #80
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Tim
Ill be checking on/ heading to track thursday aroung lunch time to drop trailer too after being at the hotel wed night.
Keep me in the loop iif your arriving weds (ill be in after supper) - I can throw cones out for you.

Jamie-whats up-last mentioned- you were bailing on me. Did you figure out how to get the baby seat in the back of your beast?
Seriously- if you come-your welcome to join Tim and I and bumb some AC power too.

Tim
Tim, I will be there. Should be rolling in Wed night. Prob be parked on the street.
Old 07-24-2013, 01:24 AM   #81
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
It looks like I won't be at the fest, so you can check out the trailer on here

It's an American Hauler Silverhawk by the way...

And hitched to the truck before the truck went under the knife:

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 10:01 AM   #82
2SS45th

Drives: 11 Seconds or Faster
I could probably get some when I get back in town, I should be back after this weekend. Just of the top of my head the bumpers on the door are like 3.5", and the ramp is about 48" long. I can get exact measurements soon.

2SS45th is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2013, 06:00 PM   #83
xtreme2s

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRD_WRK View Post
Tim
Ill be checking on/ heading to track thursday aroung lunch time to drop trailer too after being at the hotel wed night.
Keep me in the loop iif your arriving weds (ill be in after supper) - I can throw cones out for you.

Jamie-whats up-last mentioned- you were bailing on me.
If you come-your welcome to join Tim and I and bumb some AC power too.

Tim
Hey Tim,

Sent ya message via Iowa side

I'm planning on leaving super early early Thursday. However, if all goes good at store, might even take off Wednesday night, and drive to a stop over, so not to be so tired for Thursday's fun

Ice cream cones? Easy to follow!

Tim
Old 07-24-2013, 07:31 PM   #84
Bad Dad

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS , 2011 C6 Base Corvette
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2SS45th View Post
It looks like I won't be at the fest, so you can check out the trailer on here

It's an American Hauler Silverhawk by the way...

And hitched to the truck before the truck went under the knife:

Damn Sweet
Bad Dad is offline   Reply With Quote