Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 03-01-2014, 10:16 PM   #1
BadAssZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 Black on black
fog light help

there are 3 sets of lights on 13 ZL1. Headlights, larger looking fog lights and the small fog lights. How do you turn the middle set of lights on?????
Old 03-01-2014, 11:37 PM   #2
2012-1822

Drives: Black ZL1
Could be wrong. But I think they are strictly day time running lights. Is there some way to have them on all the time or when the headlights come on, I think so, some kit or something. Really not sure though.
Old 03-02-2014, 12:38 AM   #3
Sven59
HAMMER PILOT

Drives: 13 ZL1#182, 85 CJ7, 16 Silverado
they are the daylight running lights and I believe when you turn the head lights on they go off. foglights are independent. look for a couple more threads on this. I believe there is either a kit like mentioned earlier or someone figured a sequence to keep them all on (old age , can't remember)

Posted from Camaro5.com App for Android
Old 03-02-2014, 01:29 AM   #4
LuckyZL-1
Ragtop Rocket!!!

Drives: Black on Black Convertible
On my M6 they come on when I release parking brake in an auto I guess when in gear.
ADM custom cam, LPE stage 2 heads with dual valve springs, LS-3 ported throttle body, LPE 2 piece pulley, LPE overdrive balancer, 10% overdrive pulley, ported supercharger inlet, ADM race intake system, stainless works 1-7/8 headers, Injector Dynamics injectors, ADM heat exchanger, ADM dual fuel pump system, ADM exhaust switch, ADM 3 tunes tuning package.
744rwhp 727rwtq
LuckyZL-1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2014, 03:29 AM   #5
Aussie ZL1

Drives: 2013 ZL1 manual RHD
Quote:
Originally Posted by LuckyZL-1 View Post
On my M6 they come on when I release parking brake in an auto I guess when in gear.
I have never noticed that....
But I have noticed them not being on and thought "huh..."
Now I know why :-)

Cheers
Old 03-02-2014, 07:41 AM   #6
TomF1

Drives: 2013 CRT ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Batmanntexas View Post
I believe you can push in on the middle of the headlight dial to activate the fog lights. Hope th
is helps.
Pushing the button turns on the fog light which are the lower ones.

That's not what was asked. He asked how to turn on the middle ones, which are DRL's (Daytime Running Lights)
The daytime running lights don't come on at night, they are interconnected with the light sensor that turns on the headlights when there is no daylight. (Doh!)

If you want them on all the time, there is an overpriced kit, or you can do it yourself. (If you buy the kit, you'll still have to do it yourself, it just gives you parts you can buy anywhere). To get inside the fender, turn the wheels all the way, remove a bunch of screws. The instructions say remove 3 screws, but on the ZL1, there are 5 more under the front of the fender.

I connected the positive lead of each running light, to the positive lead of the front side marker light. I used the quick splice crimps that are made to do exactly that and 1 ft pieces of some scrap speaker wire. So now, the DRL's turn on the side markers during the day (which you can't even see) and the side markers turn on the DRL's at night.

Those lights looked dim, or yellow compared to the halo's and headlights, so I bought LED's on ebay. I got the 6k bright with 68 led's.
They looked good, so I then bought matching LED's for the fog lights.

IIRC, both DRL's you want the Violet wire, one side marker is Blue, the other Brown. Please correct me if I'm wrong.
TomF1 is offline   Reply With Quote