Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Camaro ZL1 Forum - ZL1 Specific Topics

Old 11-04-2013, 06:49 AM   #29
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
lol. its the fuel and rubber killing me. over $5k in fuel last year plus 1 set of front tires and 2 sets of rear tires per year.
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 06:52 AM   #30
eightup

Drives: 2013 zl1
in the long run the ZL1 will rule. in 10 years google the ZL1 then the lexus you will see the difference
eightup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 08:30 AM   #31
Happy_Dan
Happy_Dan

Drives: 2012 IOM Camaro ZL1 #569
Send a message via AIM to Happy_Dan Send a message via Yahoo to Happy_Dan Send a message via Skype™ to Happy_Dan
It seems to me that many people that own them, bought them because they were coolest,newest gadget around and they always have to have that.

I bought mine because it is a very comfortable and capable street car. The stereo is not the best, but the magnetic ride really is. It is reliable, solid and comfortable.

Also, I like to go to track days when I can and it can hold it's own there. So, it's a reliable, solid, fast and comfortable street car that is also track ready.

If someone is looking for the latest, coolest widget, then they are looking at C7's now and they are typically people that don't keep their cars that long and they can afford the depreciation. That will slow down as things settle in. Don't forget they have only been around since 2012 so the initial rush is over.
Happy_Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 09:24 AM   #32
Unreal

Drives: 2006 Z06
I strongly suggest going and driving all the cars your interested in. C7s are amazing. I would at least sit in or drive one before committing to anything else. Same with the GTR, GT500, CTSV, etc. Coming from a LS to any of these cars will be a big change.
Old 11-04-2013, 10:16 AM   #33
BlackinBlack

Drives: 2016 Corvette Z06 Blade Silver
Quote:
Originally Posted by phantom View Post
Appears supply and demand, technology obsolescence, changing interest and NEWEST hot car are all at fault. I'm keeping mine.
I would total agree. Some people buy cars to own the newest hottest thing. Same thing happened with the Gen5 Camaro when it first came out. When I first bought my ZL1 I saw a ton. Now they have become rare to see on the street.

I love my car and drive it every day.

2013 ZL1 BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
Roto-Fab CAI

2010 2SS/RS BLACK on BLACK <SOLD>
3" MBRP 304 Stainless Exhaust
Roto-Fab CAI
BlackinBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2013, 11:28 AM   #34
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
What blows my mind is that most of the cars are all under 2-3k miles. The highest mileage I saw was 6500 miles. Why the hell would you drop such a great car?? For me the first year or two is the honeymoon phase when I own a car. I couldn't imagine just dumping a car I loved in a year. I was looking at a white convertible automatic they had a local Porsche dealership. The car only had 1500 miles on it and it was selling for 15k under sticker !!!! When I bought both of my Lexus sedans they offered me the option of a 1 yr used option and they would knock off 1500-2000 bucks for the same mileage. For the same 65- 70k I also have options like a 1-2 yr old Nissan GTR or a brand new Lexus ISF. I know the ZL1 is a different type of animal all together but I was looking for a reliable very fast car that will put a smile on my face and never make me late for work as my daily driver. What concerned me was when I google used Lexus ISFs model yr 2012 or even 2013 literally nothing will come up within 500 miles.

I really appreciate the honesty and the great feed back fellas. C5 is a great forum and community.

Thanks again!
1) A lot of people buy such a high end car and can not afford the payments and either get it taken back by the banks,or trade it in to save their credit.
2) Those people that are well to do but not rich & can afford to buy a car and take a loss every couple of yrs just to be able to get the newest thing on the block trade in their cars..
3) Those that are rich and just buy anything anytime they want just buy it and get another toy whenever they want
4) GM loyalist that have to have a couple Badest toy every time they can afford it so they have a ZR1 & a ZL1 ,but now the C7 is out they trade in the ZL1 till the new ZR1 come out..knowing in a couple yrs they can re buy the ZL1 for less than they sold their ZL1 for and make up the difference in the loss..
5)those like my self purchased it on a whim and know realize it doesn't fit there lifestyle and may trade it in or sell for something that fits it better after a short time frame,or having checked it off their bucket list,lol
6) If you look at any make of high end car other than fords GT40 they all end up on the used cars lots for the same reason and in the same volume,and with the same $ amount of loss. Doesn't make it any less of a car,and it will still sell new to those that have to have it new,or used to those that have to have it,but are willing to wait a yr or 2 till it cost ten grand less with a few 1000's miles on it
7) People who like myself take it to places like FASTLANE increase the power enjoy it(i dont do the following) race it,test it,and then remove all of the parts and sell it as stock & to move on the the next toy.
) As far as other used cars,the GT40 3 with 1000 miles of myself ,IFA 3 within myself but those don't really count as not in the same price range but just as a example of other high end used cars
) The IFS i found 4 for sale used within 1000 miles of myself last night,but doesn't mean its a up to date list as i used Google when i went looking for my ZL1 and they were all gone being red tin coat was what i really wanted instead of black when i went to the dealer...
) I say buy it if its what you want, you wont be disappointed trust us....
) As far as any of the interior pieces everyone has their opinions ,but if they were unhappy they should of either sat in it,test drove it first,or relized GM is GM period....plus the seats & steering wheels are great,really soft much better than leather ,try the difference after your car has sat in the hot summer all day....ALL OF THE ABOVE IS JUST IMOP..
) OH the great thing is for those that will mod their ZL1's is that there are some great modded ZL1's on the market that buyer's cans literally save 15k -20k on buying as is !!!
Old 11-04-2013, 12:00 PM   #35
gen=5

Drives: 13 ZL1 vert blac fastlane/LPE 750
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackinBlack View Post
I would total agree. Some people buy cars to own the newest hottest thing. Same thing happened with the Gen5 Camaro when it first came out. When I first bought my ZL1 I saw a ton. Now they have become rare to see on the street.

I love my car and drive it every day.
I agree I have never seen another ZL1 on the street at the same time as I was driving my car personally..BUT I did see 5 at FASTLANE when i first went to get my car upgraded ...& there was another 3 there 2 months later on 11/2 saturday at their customer party...All appeared to be track use cars I am guessing from the tires.They all seemed to be set up for road course racing,with nets,cages,and 4 road course tires on them..but one still had lic plates the others did not,and were all in the back not on display for the party....Along with a turbo SS set up for road course racing with tires at all 4 corners.Here is a pic of my son with the ss I didnt bother to take any pics of the ZL's as it was my son choosing which cars he wanted pics with,Shows whos in charge in the family,lol...I think some are being put away,some are being used as track only,and some are being driven which leads to the reason there are not a lot on the street sort of what happened with the GN version of the buick regal 2 yrs after release...We had 3 of those and wish I still had them all,and had put One of them away The GNX my father had purchased new sold with only 15k on it.he does too!!!
Attached Images

Old 11-04-2013, 07:39 PM   #36
OldScoolCamaro

Drives: Camaro's, always have, always will.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BIGTIME View Post
Hey guys. I am a noobee to the Camaro5 forum and the ZL1. I currently drive a Lexus LS460 and have been craving something more raw, powerful, inspiring, and smile creating. I have been looking into the ZL1 and want to buy one. My concern is when I look online locally there are plenty of used 2013 and 2012s on the market. It made me concerned because I figured if someone bought one of these special cars they would not let it go very soon or easily. I was wondering if there was a big common issue with the ZL1s? I have done a little research and the cars seem pretty solid to me. Any ideas as to why this may be? I found a beautiful white 2013 convertible for a great deal but held off when I saw so many on the market. I am a big Lexus guy so I like cars that are reliable and die hard. Not expecting LS460 reliability, but am I missing something??

Thanks for your input
...yes, you are missing the research.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:12 AM   #37
joes407

Drives: 2014 ZL1m6 red hot #569
Quote:
Originally Posted by Happy_Dan View Post
It seems to me that many people that own them, bought them because they were coolest,newest gadget around and they always have to have that.

I bought mine because it is a very comfortable and capable street car. The stereo is not the best, but the magnetic ride really is. It is reliable, solid and comfortable.

Also, I like to go to track days when I can and it can hold it's own there. So, it's a reliable, solid, fast and comfortable street car that is also track ready.

If someone is looking for the latest, coolest widget, then they are looking at C7's now and they are typically people that don't keep their cars that long and they can afford the depreciation. That will slow down as things settle in. Don't forget they have only been around since 2012 so the initial rush is over.
i agree on the stereo system. considering its premium sound it sucks compared to the bose system the g.m trucks get with the premium sound package. it doesn't bother me too much though as mostly i listen to the motor, supercharger and exhaust. those seem to calm this savage beast more than music
joes407 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 06:38 PM   #38
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Most I suspect are on a list to get a C7 Vette, or a Z/28 (price just released - $61k base).

I was on a waiting list for a C7 and got tired of waiting. Bought the ZL1 as a consolation price, and I'm glad I did. I was truly shocked at how great the ZL1 is compared to my 2010 Camaro. The ZL1 is worth it.
Old 11-05-2013, 06:51 PM   #39
omegaman

Drives: very poorly
Send a message via AIM to omegaman
Quote:
Originally Posted by jessrayo View Post
I do about 30000 miles per year with my daily driver. The Camaro is too expensive in my opinion to use as a daily driver if you put down serious mileage.
This is a very good point. Seriously, don't get this as your daily driver. You will be disappointed with the gas mileage (12/14/18 mpg). My ZL1 is a weekend fun car - I have a Civic Si as a daily driver.
Old 11-05-2013, 07:24 PM   #40
kevinw

Drives: 2013 Black 2 LT vert
i dont know how anyone could afford to drive a ZL1 as a daily driver. the gas alone would kill a person. i have a 2 lt for daily use, only 275 miles on it since i bought it.
wow, 61K for a Z28, and my friend bought his 94 Z28 new for 24K new.
kevinw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 07:39 PM   #41
HDRDTD

Drives: 2013 Triple Black ZL1 Vert M6 ECF
During the summer months, my ZL1 Vert IS my DD and to and from work takes about 70 miles each day at 16.1 mpg.
HDRDTD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2013, 08:50 PM   #42
Q'smuscle
Account Suspended

Drives: 2011 Camaro VR 2SS/RS & Impala
Quote:
Originally Posted by HDRDTD View Post
During the summer months, my ZL1 Vert IS my DD and to and from work takes about 70 miles each day at 16.1 mpg.
Wow! Lucky to you ! I wonder how much you spend on gas for a whole week.
Q'smuscle is offline   Reply With Quote