Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-01-2009, 06:58 PM   #43
Zabo
Gunning for Sixth

Drives: '03 ZR2 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdoske View Post
No problem for me there. I like my woman to be dainty frail flowers that require me to do anything strenuous.

I don't want a woman who likes drag cars, wants drive a manual, likes foot ball, and playing golf.

STAY AWAY FROM THE STUFF I LIKE TO DO WHEN I NEED A BREAK!!!!!! ITS MY PRECIOUS TIME FOR ME, NOT US!

Thats all I need is some tom boy running around showing me how to shift on the strip!
...ok?

Yeah. Unless that was a reaction to my post about the whole "ex" thing.. Moving on.

(on that note: yes, she doesn't like drag cars, football, or golf. Just driving until the tranny explodes, rear end does, or the car does..whichever comes first. Just like I do. Also just as batshitcrazy of a driver as I am too..)
Zabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 09:32 PM   #44
vdevine

Drives: 2010 Black SS
In my best Jim Carey impression, "Jealous MUCH?"
3800 Born: 25 May VIN#12136
6000 Mine 26 June 2009
SLP Loudmouth II, NOWEEDS, BMR 1.4/1.0 Lowering Springs, Cold Air Inductions Intake, Tune, Eagle Eyes w HID, SLP "SS" Grille Insert, Pistol Grip Shifter, Hawk PC Pads, RGB Scanner, Tint, Headlight Armor, Clear Bra, 22's.
vdevine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2009, 10:11 PM   #45
StuMac

Drives: 2010 CMG 2SS
Well, if the asker is female, as in this case, you can add context by saying "yeah, and those are just shoes". I'm not saying all girls feel that way about shoes, just most of the ones that don't understand cars.

Cyber gray!
StuMac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:09 PM   #46
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
what would camaro5 fans say. I go to advansed auto in stafford springs today. going to get feel good stuff for her like soft cloth for cleaning exsed. i get to the counter and the dick says is that youre car . i say yes fist weak under 200 miles and he says that has to be the uglyist friging car i ever saw . i was so seprised at the comment i just stood ther looking puzzeld. now too you camaro fans what would you do or say . my brother says i should call his boss . chevys do rule!!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:15 PM   #47
pruettfan

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS / 2011 Z28
Here is the deal. It is just a car. It is not a human, it can be replaced easily and they are making 9,000 per month so they are not exactly special. That does not mean that you should not love your car nor should you not be proud but I learned a long time ago that as much as I love cars they are only cars.

Worry about life and your relationship with humans more than if someone thinks your mass production car that was created by someone else is special. Now if you were on the GM team that created the car you have a basis for pride. The rest of us are just consumers of a product.
pruettfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:19 PM   #48
TongnarSS

Drives: 2006 VW GTI
tell them "it's also a weapon"
then proceed to run them over...
TongnarSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:20 PM   #49
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
"It's just a car."

Answer: ...and you're just the first generation of your family to walk upright.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:27 PM   #50
PsyDoc

Drives: Soon-to-be 1st Gen
"It's just a car."

Response: And, how does saying that make you feel? Does that help you overcome the obvious insecurities that have tormented you since childhood? Did Mommy not love you enough? Did Daddy shun you because you never fully became a man?

I am a psychologist after all. I'd give him/her the mental screwing of a lifetime.
PsyDoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:32 PM   #51
LadyGreyMyst
ABM & 69 HO RS/SS

Drives: 2001 Z24 Cavalier, ABM 2LT/RS
I would say what? and then when they try to repeat it I would rev the engine real loud and then say what? again LOLs

Who ever said it is just a car never drove a Camaro! Bought at Champion Chevrolet, Trail, BC July 11/09!
LadyGreyMyst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 03:53 PM   #52
2001ragtop

Drives: V8 american car
They always say that

People who say "it's just a car", are almost always the kind of people who:

1) don't wash their car
2) have never owned/will never own in their lifetime a nice expensive car
3) do not notice rattles/do not notice driving into 6" deep potholes while they drive their own car.
4) do not notice their rim is bent
5) will sit on the hood or roof of their car
6) slam the door very hard/are never worried about creating rattles/problems
7) usually are slobs/not articulate looking/or well groomed
8) always shoot their mouth off about cool cars, yet never owned a genuinely cool and brand new sports car in their lifetime.
9) Always want to give car advice/again/they have never truly driven something like a Camaro. they will refer to something way different/they will be nostalgic over something but they think their memory is identical to what you are doing when it totally is not.

10) In general, anyone who says "it's just a car", is just saying that because they "don't get it". Or they think they do get it, but they really don't.

It's like some guy saying "it's just sex". When chances are, he is not getting any and if he is, its likely from some girl nobody wants or would go near.
2001ragtop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:25 PM   #53
Liberty1

Drives: Chevrolet Camaro SS; 2010
It all comes down to how one views their world. People who would say that "it's just a car" see the world as being very simple. A car is just a tool for them. It gets them to point A and point B. They don't see the beauty or art in anything. For us, or at least for me, this car is a work of art that you can do more than just hang on a wall; you can experience the work of art. It's a feeling of accomplishment and pride.

Meet Black Betty...
Liberty1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:37 PM   #54
sabrescamaro

Drives: TB SS and temporarily 2LTRS VR
I'm under 18. I'd say, "Well, this car has a pretty big trunk. I don't have to tell you, though, because you'll soon be inside of it." Then, I'd chirp some more, get a response out of them -- one punch will do just fine -- and press several charges... Assault, endangering the welfare of a child, sexual assault, you know, the works. I know just about every good lawyer in Buffalo, so I could git 'er done.
sabrescamaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 05:47 PM   #55
patriotpa
Account Suspended

Drives: 02 Silverado, 09 Vue, 10 1SS
Location: Tired of apologizing when we should be kickin' butt!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabrescamaro View Post
I'm under 18. I'd say, "Well, this car has a pretty big trunk. I don't have to tell you, though, because you'll soon be inside of it." Then, I'd chirp some more, get a response out of them -- one punch will do just fine -- and press several charges... Assault, endangering the welfare of a child, sexual assault, you know, the works. I know just about every good lawyer in Buffalo, so I could git 'er done.
You're off to a great start.
patriotpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #56
chevy 3
NEcamaro5

Drives: Black 2ss rs 1LE
dear pruettfan . if this was just another car then why waist youre time on this sight that is all camaro fans and owners. in the last few months i read some pritty cool stuff. for some this would be just a car. But for meny it is a dream come true so you drive youre car but im still living the dream. by the way if the cars were mass built then why the long wait for delivery. you might of bout a demo but i ordered mine. so did alot off people on this site. i think youre on the wroung site . chevys do rule!!!!
chevy 3 is offline   Reply With Quote