Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions

Old 06-11-2013, 07:25 PM   #869
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by CFD View Post
That seems a little low. When cals are cut to much for any length of time fat loss halts. You could add another small meal or two. Another thing I'm seeing that is very important is that there is minimal if any fat in your diet. The only place I see it is post workout and I'm assuming that is the fat in the whey protein you are using. You should be consuming about 20% of your cals from healthy fats, this is very important for fat loss as well as general health. Although your meals are about right cal wise the macro's are important.

Do you know how many cals you are currently consuming ?
Hey Sorry, I should of said that I just started on this new calorie restriction. I am anywhere between that 1500 and 1700 calories give or take. I do not add condiments other than siracha and every once in a while a little cheese. ***not much cheese just a trickle***

Previous to this past week I was at 2000 calories a day. This is where I had hit the 217-219 mark. I figured that I needed to readjust my intake as my BMR probably had lowered. Seeing as it lowered to roughly 1900-2000 I cut it to 1500 calorie intake.

I do know that my fat intake is very low, I am not sure if it is affecting anything. I am not having trouble doing cardio and or really doing anything. Workouts are pretty hard and steady.

What would you suggest in particular?
180 grams of Protein
180 grams of Carbs
40 grams of Fat

that is at a 1800 calorie diet.

sounds like currently I am at about a
170 grams protein
170 grams carbs
20-30 gram fat maybe.
Old 06-11-2013, 08:11 PM   #870
CFD

Drives: 2SS/RS L99 BLACK
Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Hey Sorry, I should of said that I just started on this new calorie restriction. I am anywhere between that 1500 and 1700 calories give or take. I do not add condiments other than siracha and every once in a while a little cheese. ***not much cheese just a trickle***

Previous to this past week I was at 2000 calories a day. This is where I had hit the 217-219 mark. I figured that I needed to readjust my intake as my BMR probably had lowered. Seeing as it lowered to roughly 1900-2000 I cut it to 1500 calorie intake.

I do know that my fat intake is very low, I am not sure if it is affecting anything. I am not having trouble doing cardio and or really doing anything. Workouts are pretty hard and steady.

What would you suggest in particular?
180 grams of Protein
180 grams of Carbs
40 grams of Fat

that is at a 1800 calorie diet.

sounds like currently I am at about a
170 grams protein
170 grams carbs
20-30 gram fat maybe.
Here is an example of a menu plan. This is a low carb diet based on a 200lb male. This is the type of plan I use when cutting and is very effective. If you follow these guidelines in constructing your meals I think you will do well. Try to keep the macros the same and use the method of carb tapering shown here. Notice the fat content, it is important. Fat's can be tough in that the cals add up fast so using suppliments can be helpful. I personally use Udo's Choice 3,6,9 blend or a good quality fish oil such as Carlson's, this way you can easily control fat intake.
Attached Images

CFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 09:28 PM   #871
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Drives: 2011, 2SS/RS, Synergy
I'll echo what CFD said...you need to eat more.

Increase your cardio or the intensity you do it at.

Take fiber.

2011 Camaro SS/RS Synergy-1 of 255-Sold
You will be missed but you are in good hands!

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Mydivorcegift is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2013, 11:24 PM   #872
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Drives: 2010 VR Camaro 2SS/RS LS3
Went from a size 10 in September to a 2 today... divorce diet, little to no effort. Now that it's final, I'd like to maintain, or at least stop losing.... ideas?
Old 06-12-2013, 05:26 AM   #873
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
Went from a size 10 in September to a 2 today... divorce diet, little to no effort. Now that it's final, I'd like to maintain, or at least stop losing.... ideas?
It depends on a few things. Most importantly, are you happy with the way you look? Loosing weight sometimes does not get you the "look" you want. in my experience incorporating exercise, especially weight training, will not just help loose weight but transform your body. You can adjust calories easily to loose, maintain or gain but exercise along with good diet will produce the best results. So depending on what you want will influence recommendations that I can make.
Old 06-12-2013, 04:26 PM   #874
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ladybugsmom View Post
So since it's final....

Um...yeah we could get together and train LMAO

Pick up some free weights and start resistance training

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 06-12-2013, 06:30 PM   #875
driyac

Drives: 2012 45th Anniversary 2SS
Quote:
Here is an example of a menu plan. This is a low carb diet based on a 200lb male. This is the type of plan I use when cutting and is very effective. If you follow these guidelines in constructing your meals I think you will do well. Try to keep the macros the same and use the method of carb tapering shown here. Notice the fat content, it is important. Fat's can be tough in that the cals add up fast so using suppliments can be helpful. I personally use Udo's Choice 3,6,9 blend or a good quality fish oil such as Carlson's, this way you can easily control fat intake.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mydivorcegift View Post
I'll echo what CFD said...you need to eat more.

Increase your cardio or the intensity you do it at.

Take fiber.
Thanks CFD

I have ammended it to this.

meal 1- 6 egg whites 1 whole egg; 3/4 cup of oatmeal - 400 calories
Meal 2- 48 grams protein - 3 fat - 6 carbs or soemwhere around there 250 calories
Meal 3- 4 ounce chicken - 1/2 cup cooked brown rice - 1/4 cup peanuts ( for fats) 425 calories
Meal 4- 4 ounce chicken - 2 hardboiled eggs (no yolk) hot sauce, soy sauce, broccoli - 400 calories
Meal 5 - 4 ounce chicken - broccoli, mushrooms, steamed - 400 calories.

Puts me right around ~1800-1900 calories. But very very clean calories. With intense workouts and the time I spend on my feet at work I should be in that Sub 500 calories range per day.
Old 06-12-2013, 06:56 PM   #876
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by driyac View Post
Thanks CFD

I have ammended it to this.

meal 1- 6 egg whites 1 whole egg; 3/4 cup of oatmeal - 400 calories
Meal 2- 48 grams protein - 3 fat - 6 carbs or soemwhere around there 250 calories
Meal 3- 4 ounce chicken - 1/2 cup cooked brown rice - 1/4 cup peanuts ( for fats) 425 calories
Meal 4- 4 ounce chicken - 2 hardboiled eggs (no yolk) hot sauce, soy sauce, broccoli - 400 calories
Meal 5 - 4 ounce chicken - broccoli, mushrooms, steamed - 400 calories.

Puts me right around ~1800-1900 calories. But very very clean calories. With intense workouts and the time I spend on my feet at work I should be in that Sub 500 calories range per day.

That looks pretty good and if you keep things along these lines I think you will be ok.

One thing on fats, they are not created equal, although nuts are considered a healthy fat they are not the best choice. There are a bunch of healthy fats, some of which are avacardo, olive oil, flax seed,nuts, fish (salmon) egg yokes ,egg yokes do have saturated fat but half of it is monounsaturated (good) so one or two yokes are ok. The best fats are a combination of omega 3,6 and 9. so a variety of fats is good. If you like salmon it is an excellent source of both healthy fat and protein. I eat a variety of healthy fats but almost always use Udo's Choice. it is made of seeds and nuts and is the right proportions of all 3 omega fats. The other as I mentioned is Carlson's Fish oil, it comes with an orange flavor so it's not fishy and using either of the above mentioned is a great choice.
Old 06-12-2013, 09:48 PM   #877
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Okay guys, I need some help of another sort. I have been after my husband for years to go to the doctor. In the 33 or so years I have known him he has NEVER been to a doctor. The only medical attention he has gotten in that time was a trip to the ER after getting a couple of brown recluse spider bites. I know, I know, classic story of guys not wanting to go to a doctor. But several issues have me concerned as well as just age. So I started trying once again to get him to go. So as another way of avoiding, he goes to a GNC store today. Depending on who he talked to there, not a terrible thing. But this is what he came home with. So what in the heck is he about to start putting in his body & how bad is it?
Attached Images

Old 06-12-2013, 10:24 PM   #878
Mydivorcegift
Future Mopar Owner

Ruby...it's not bad...

It's designed to raise his testosterone levels and lower estrogen levels which in theory allows him to add more lean muscle mass.

The thermogenic agents are going to increase his body temp, increase his bp and pulse.

I cycle things like this maybe 3 times a year for 2 months. I've tried a lot of different things..I prefer the MHP line. Best prices are at supplement warehouse.

2019 Challenger Hellcat
B5, Redeye, Widebody
Old 06-12-2013, 10:49 PM   #879
RubyCamaro
Jan

Drives: 2010 Camaro 1LT Red Jewel tintcoat
Thanks. Good to know. I had no idea what he had gotten himself into. Maybe it will help. But he still needs to go to the doctor.
Old 06-13-2013, 12:14 AM   #880
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Thanks. Good to know. I had no idea what he had gotten himself into. Maybe it will help. But he still needs to go to the doctor.
At the very minimum, make him get his BP checked before taking that!!
Old 06-13-2013, 12:18 AM   #881
Ladybugsmom
Older than I look....

Quote:
It depends on a few things. Most importantly, are you happy with the way you look? Loosing weight sometimes does not get you the "look" you want. in my experience incorporating exercise, especially weight training, will not just help loose weight but transform your body. You can adjust calories easily to loose, maintain or gain but exercise along with good diet will produce the best results. So depending on what you want will influence recommendations that I can make.
Yes, pretty happy with the way I look, but concerned because I keep losing weight without trying to. The stress has me not eating much (but I try to eat healthy food when I do), and when I do eat, I'm literally sick within an hour. I hope now that everything is final, the stress will start to go away and I can just maintain...
Old 06-14-2013, 02:18 PM   #882
CFD

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyCamaro View Post
Okay guys, I need some help of another sort. I have been after my husband for years to go to the doctor. In the 33 or so years I have known him he has NEVER been to a doctor. The only medical attention he has gotten in that time was a trip to the ER after getting a couple of brown recluse spider bites. I know, I know, classic story of guys not wanting to go to a doctor. But several issues have me concerned as well as just age. So I started trying once again to get him to go. So as another way of avoiding, he goes to a GNC store today. Depending on who he talked to there, not a terrible thing. But this is what he came home with. So what in the heck is he about to start putting in his body & how bad is it?

I would honestly throw it in a barrel. It is a blend of a few of the new "trendy" fat loss supplements that have shown very little if any results. Honestly, it's garbage. I don't see anything that's a health risk.