Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 08-08-2007, 09:24 PM   #15
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Here's how i see things happening:
The production camaro will be at the detroit autoshow,
the different types of camaro offered and where they are relative to each other (SS, Z28, etc) will be released around the same time. The engines will be likely announced after the engines for the challenger and mustang are known.
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2007, 10:37 PM   #16
daddyseth1

Drives: 94 Pontiac Firebird Formula
Ooooh! I can just imagine first going for a test drive right around tax return season and just saying these three words to the salesman.........................

"I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
daddyseth1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 12:38 AM   #17
headpunter
Not That sad..considering

Drives: Man
Send a message via AIM to headpunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by daddyseth1 View Post
Ooooh! I can just imagine first going for a test drive right around tax return season and just saying these three words to the salesman.........................

"I'LL TAKE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"
Forget that, i have a standing deal with my dealer the day they have the options pricelists he is calling me and im ordering. but i cant wait get it out on the road for the 1st time.
headpunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 07:52 AM   #18
juzlookzfazt

Drives: 2000 Mitsu Eclipse..for now..
Muwhahaha..ricers, prepare to drop jaws and start kicking rocks! This Camaro is seriously going to be the crown jewel (next to the Z06).
juzlookzfazt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:27 PM   #19
comiskeybum
Banned

Drives: 2010 Chevy Equinox LS
I just wish they would put " build your camaro" on the chevy website so that we can see what options it has and all that. By the way ive read in several magazines that there is gonna be a v6 which will be 21k - 24k(all options). A standard V8 SS which will be around 28-30k (equivelent to mustang GT). and the SSR which is like the shelby mustang will be 35k or more. The SSR will have a 500hp plus engine.

I want to see the options!! I want to figure out what I can afford! And we need a release date!!
comiskeybum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:28 PM   #20
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
which mags?
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 08:30 PM   #21
comiskeybum
Banned

Road and track, motortrend mentioned it.

Also, go to chevy .com and look at the "performace" part of the camaro page. It says the V8 standard will be 400hp.

Oh and i forgot the Z28
Old 08-10-2007, 08:32 PM   #22
comiskeybum
Banned

Also,

I think its just rumor that there is a "waiting list" cuz every dealer ive asked say they never heard of taking deposits yet
Old 08-10-2007, 09:31 PM   #23
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by comiskeybum View Post
I just wish they would put " build your camaro" on the chevy website so that we can see what options it has and all that. By the way ive read in several magazines that there is gonna be a v6 which will be 21k - 24k(all options). A standard V8 SS which will be around 28-30k (equivelent to mustang GT). and the SSR which is like the shelby mustang will be 35k or more. The SSR will have a 500hp plus engine.

I want to see the options!! I want to figure out what I can afford! And we need a release date!!
You are reading stupid ass magazines then.

The SSR is already taken by another vehicle in the Chevy line. Not to mention, its a stupid name.

I think it will be
Base V6
Base V8 (Z/28)
Hi-po V8 (SS)
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 09:32 PM   #24
Stig

Drives: 2001 Camaro SS
Quote:
Also,

I think its just rumor that there is a "waiting list" cuz every dealer ive asked say they never heard of taking deposits yet
It is illegal for a dealer to take a deposit for a car that doesnt have a price or isnt on the market yet.

So yes, that would be a rumor.
Stig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 02:17 AM   #25
Dark Knight
Does it come in BLACK?

Drives: 2001 FIREBIRD (for now!!)
Send a message via Yahoo to Dark Knight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
You are reading stupid ass magazines then.

The SSR is already taken by another vehicle in the Chevy line. Not to mention, its a stupid name.

I think it will be
Base V6
Base V8 (Z/28)
Hi-po V8 (SS)
I have to agree with ya on this....it just makes more sense to stick to "tradition" since the concept is sort of based around the 69.

Good things come to those who wait
Dark Knight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 10:22 AM   #26
Mr. Wyndham
I used to be Dragoneye...

Drives: 2018 ZL1 1LE
Send a message via AIM to Mr. Wyndham
Quote:
By the way ive read in several magazines that there is gonna be a v6 which will be 21k - 24k(all options). A standard V8 SS which will be around 28-30k (equivelent to mustang GT). and the SSR which is like the shelby mustang will be 35k or more. The SSR will have a 500hp plus engine.
maybe...maybe not. But make sure you take what a magazine says with a grain of salt. Don't believe everything you read. GM probably doesn't even know what they're putting in the car, yet. The magazines are speculating, and worse, they're speculating on what other magazines are speculating on - follow me?

As for options, I don't think they have gotten that far into production, yet. So there won't be a "build your Camaro" site any time soon. Challenger is due soon - but there's no "build your challenger" website.
Old 08-11-2007, 02:19 PM   #27
EllwynX

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stig View Post
It is illegal for a dealer to take a deposit for a car that doesnt have a price or isnt on the market yet.

So yes, that would be a rumor.
Not true. A local dealer by myself is accepting $500 refundable deposits to set your spot in the allocation of Camaro's. I'm considering putting the $ down to ensure my place in line to order one. It's only $500 and it's completely refundable.
EllwynX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2007, 03:37 PM   #28
wildpaws

Drives: 1999 Blazer
Quote:
Originally Posted by EllwynX View Post
Not true. A local dealer by myself is accepting $500 refundable deposits to set your spot in the allocation of Camaro's. I'm considering putting the $ down to ensure my place in line to order one. It's only $500 and it's completely refundable.
Yep, my closest dealer has been accepting deposits for a few months, all I was told there was put down a deposit and get on the list, they had no info, not even a brochure of any kind (gee, I got a brochure from Chevy prior to my visit), they knew less about the new Camaro than I did. When they can start giving me relevant info I may consider putting down a deposit, but since I want a Z/28 if it's available, I may have to wait a while anyway.
Clyde
wildpaws is offline   Reply With Quote