Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 07-27-2012, 08:35 PM   #141
ChuckBuSSter

Drives: 2010 Camaro 2SS
This has already probably been said. I doubt this car shares a single component from the production car. Putting a Camaro sticker on a frame with an engine and four wheels doesn't make it a Camaro. The shape of the front end vaguely looks like a Camaro. I guess if GM is sponsoring it they can call it anything they want.
ChuckBuSSter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2012, 08:42 PM   #142
UF4LIFE102SS
Treasure Coast Camaro 5

Drives: 2010 2 SS
OH well get over it! It's going to happen! I asked this a while back and nobody seemed happy either. CAMARO, rustangs,and mo power please all together again enjoy. That is a crap pic. When they show in 13 they will look alot better!http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=226618
Old 07-28-2012, 12:00 AM   #143
Hooper
Camaroholic

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS 6M
INSULT TO ALL CAMARO GENERATIONS

That is an insult to the G5 Camaro, and further more, to any Generation Camaro. That is a joke and I'm embarrased for Chevy and Camaro owners. Its not possible to make a nationwide car that has true Camaro lines, so it purely an attempt to force a square peg in a round hole - without any regard for insulting the beauty of the G5 Camaro. Can you imagine what the designers must feel like seeing that hunk of ugly?

Sorry to be so negative for those of you who like this situation. Good for you and enjoy. But to me this is truly disappointing and a step BACKWARDS for Chevrolet Racing, NOT forward. And there is no logical reason otherwise. The only reason Chevy did this was because they thought they could make more money with the Camaro. They think using the high selling Camaro name, and trying to make it look like a camaro will sell them more cars. But again, the body specs and regulations are very strict in NASCAR so they don;t mind thrashing a great body style and trying to get stickers to make it look better if it means they can sell more cars. I think it will backfire, but.... oh forget it Ill stop rambling. Its a lost cause. Thumbs down on Chevy. Forget it...
Hooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 07:57 AM   #144
ssmike
BL1ZZRD

Drives: '16 Camaro 2SS, '20 Equinox Redline
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hooper View Post
That is an insult to the G5 Camaro, and further more, to any Generation Camaro. That is a joke and I'm embarrased for Chevy and Camaro owners. Its not possible to make a nationwide car that has true Camaro lines, so it purely an attempt to force a square peg in a round hole - without any regard for insulting the beauty of the G5 Camaro. Can you imagine what the designers must feel like seeing that hunk of ugly?

Sorry to be so negative for those of you who like this situation. Good for you and enjoy. But to me this is truly disappointing and a step BACKWARDS for Chevrolet Racing, NOT forward. And there is no logical reason otherwise. The only reason Chevy did this was because they thought they could make more money with the Camaro. They think using the high selling Camaro name, and trying to make it look like a camaro will sell them more cars. But again, the body specs and regulations are very strict in NASCAR so they don;t mind thrashing a great body style and trying to get stickers to make it look better if it means they can sell more cars. I think it will backfire, but.... oh forget it Ill stop rambling. Its a lost cause. Thumbs down on Chevy. Forget it...
I stopped watching NASCAR races in the late 90's when it became apparent that corporate greed had taken over! These cars are as far from being "stock" cars as you can get! They are all cookie cutter cars and impossible to tell apart from each brand except for the name on the front! I think the Nationwide Camaro is FUGGLY! Hopefully it will look better in person but those press release pics are terrible! We all have different tastes so to those who like it I don't mean to offend but this is my opinion!
ssmike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:21 AM   #145
StangKiller-SS

Drives: GM products
Almost none of the body design is in the manufacturers control. I believe that changes for the 2013 Cup cars a bit, I guess I remember the days when the manufacturer cars actually looked like their own in the mid to late 90's. Two door cars were built in 2 door fashion 4 door built in 4 door fashion. But when each manufacturer cries that one gets an unfair advantage because of body design, this here with the Nationwide cars and what you've had in Cup for the past 10 years is what you get. Sadly though I must admit I enjoy seeing the Nationwide cars run a lot more than the Cup series.
StangKiller-SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 04:01 PM   #146
LeviG

Drives: '95 Acura Integra GSR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent2010 View Post
Totally agree. Check out The Rolex and Continental series -- they are especially great. Real Camaros running against real Mustangs! Woohooo!

EDIT: I just saw the pics of the NASCAR "camaro" in question -- DAMN that thing is ugly! I'm embarrassed that the Camaro name is on it. Did you see that hideous side view???

I totally agree. Back to the way it used to be!

This thing is just ugly. Hopefully it will look better once its got more sponsor stickers on it. Its a shame NASCAR has turned into the "Cookie-cutter 500". Everything has to be the exact same on every car, all the way down to the chassis and body. No real manufacturers. Just slap your name on the generic and BOOM! Chevy! Dodge! Ford! TOYOTA ()!
...And restrictor plates...

LeviG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 08:26 PM   #147
moserbe

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS
After it's in a few wrecks you won't notice the difference.
moserbe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:02 PM   #148
camaro10

Drives: 2012 45TH Anniversary SS
Looks like shit! This is a midsize car using a compact cars graphics. It doesn't look like a camaro, not real, fail! It will be nice seeing Camaro beat rustangs and challengers though.

My newest edition, Chevy V8 Power!
camaro10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2012, 09:10 PM   #149
SSGUNNER
Chu no guat a hasa is?

Drives: 14 Jeep G Cherokee Overland HEMI
That's cool news. Think I will watch a new sport.
11 2SS/RSL99No Longer Stock (Sold) 6/19/14:AAC Plasma DRL's | Plug n play harness | Elite CC | Tint: 35% & 5% | LED Dome light | Show-N-Go Plate Holder | Flowmaster AT | C.A.I. Intake | VMAX CNC Spiral Ported TB | Husky Splash Guards
SSGUNNER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:49 PM   #150
cybercoaster

Drives: 2017 2SS 50th Anv, 1972 RS
I should have posted these sooner but been busy at the Superweekend here at Indy.
Attached Images

cybercoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 10:00 PM   #151
KamaroKid9614

Drives: 98 Camaro V6 White
will def become a nascar fan
Old 07-29-2012, 10:17 PM   #152
Blue Maro Demon

Drives: 2010 AQUA BLUE CAMARO RS
To the people getting upset due to the looks of this car I dont really understand what there is to be upset about. In Nascar the cars have to look this way you cant mold the car to have the curves of the Camaros rear quarter panels its not possible. The Dodge Challenger & Mustang nascars are the same way they are missing some lines of their own cars too. I think the car looks great and I especially like the color blue and the white stripes they chose for this first one it looks very sharp! The front looks great, the back looks as good as it can look and the sides look like a Camaro other than the hips so im not sure where the complaining is coming from.
Old 07-30-2012, 08:25 PM   #153
princevj28

Drives: 2009 Chevy Cobalt LT coupe
Send a message via AIM to princevj28
friggen ugly and looks like the rest of the cars used in nascar. no shape to it whatsoever. nascar is just a place for companies to advertise their products. nothing more. all the engines are the same, bodies are the same....there is honestly no difference between a ford or chevy. or toyota for that matter. just a means to get people down south and in the midwest to buy american [and toyota. which is pratically american cuz of all their plants down south and their market share]
princevj28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2013, 10:35 AM   #154
KKreme15

Drives: C6 Z06
Bump!!
KKreme15 is offline   Reply With Quote