Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Members Area > Off-topic Discussions > Gaming Lounge

Old 10-26-2010, 01:15 PM   #1
Brokinarrow

Drives: 2012 Honda NC700x
Fable III

Anyone played yet? I just picked it up on my lunch break, can't WAIT to get home and start playing
Old 10-26-2010, 01:16 PM   #2
brandotron
I am the internets.

Drives: dangerously
Never got into them, but the commercial looked cool.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #3
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
I'm still playing my free copy of #2. Let me know what you think of it.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #4
Brokinarrow

Will do.
Old 10-26-2010, 02:23 PM   #5
Xanthos
PWA Relapse

Drives: Formerly-Stick
This is one of the games that could convince me to buy an xbox.
- X

2017 1LT/RS A8 Hyper Blue Metallic

Xanthos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 12:30 AM   #6
Big Brunsy

Drives: 2010 supercharged LS3
good thing I read this....forgot all about it
Big Brunsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 03:19 AM   #7
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Drives: All Black
Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
What is the game like or what other games is it like???
2ndgenz28 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 08:19 AM   #8
v6sonoma

Drives: 2010 SS RS
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2ndgenz28 View Post
What is the game like or what other games is it like???

It's an RPG type game where your decisions affect how you and your world develop. So you can be an evil warmonger or a saint. What choices you make change how people interact with you. I've been playing the 2nd game and like it. The combat is fun and the story is pretty good. The 3rd game looks good.

Mods: BBK Intake, BBK LT's and High Flow Cats, Corsa Cat-back exhaust, Hurst short throw shifter, SLP skip-shift eliminator.

7/1/09 Placed order for IOM/IO int/ SS/RS 6M
9/26/09 Took delivery!
v6sonoma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2010, 11:38 AM   #9
Brokinarrow

The world your character lives in will ALSO change according to the choices you make (Not dynamically though, more so after a few major instances in the storyline in the game you'll go back to an area and it will have prospered or died off depending on if you helped or hurt that area)

So anyway, I got a good start on Fable III last night. If you liked the 2nd one you'll like this one just as much. The graphics are improved (water for example looks really awesome in this one) but the overall look and feel is the same as Fable II (with more emphasis on the kingdom entering the Industrial Age).
Game play mechanics similarly have been slightly tweaked but are still familiar. Largest difference I've seen so far is magic: Apparently the power of magic has been weakening in the hero blood line, as you now have to use gauntlets to channel specific types of spells (a fire gauntlet for fire spells, etc). The 'charge up' time has been reduced a bit, so you can charge to that 3rd level of spell power before the baddies start kickin your butt.
I'm loving the storyline so far, very interesting. Think today once I get home I'm going to focus on exploring and forget about the main quest line for a bit.

Oh, the OTHER major difference with this one: You no longer have menus to scroll through for items, armor and such. You have a sanctuary that you can instantly teleport to at any time, and in the sanctuary you have an armory to store all weapons you collect, dressing room for outfits, trophy room that will store trophies and excess gold (which start out is just a couple of bags of gold dropped on the floor, but will eventually amount to an impressive mountain of coins).
Also, the seer from the last game (Teresa I think it was) takes you to a 'Road to Rule' area after you gain some followers. This basically provides a measure of your progress. The more followers you gain, the more gates you unlock along the road. In each new section there are a number of power ups you can buy (this takes the place of the leveling system from Fable II). You also see yourself getting closer and closer to the castle in the distance.

Another note: Your weapons you gain are 'living weapons'. They change and grow with you. They start off looking unimpressive but get more and more epic as you go. They'll also adjust to your morale standing. The more innocents you kill, the more evil looking the weapon becomes etc. Not sure if your characters appearance will change like in previous games or not, haven't gotten far enough into the game yet

And on a side note, seems to be more humor injected into this game, which has been enjoyable

Anyway, needless to say I'm hooked on this for the time being and will probably end up going through and completing the game on a variety of characters.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:22 PM   #10
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Send a message via ICQ to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via AIM to 2ndgenz28 Send a message via Yahoo to 2ndgenz28
Quote:
Originally Posted by v6sonoma View Post

It's an RPG type game where your decisions affect how you and your world develop. So you can be an evil warmonger or a saint. What choices you make change how people interact with you. I've been playing the 2nd game and like it. The combat is fun and the story is pretty good. The 3rd game looks good.
uboob and other vids don't work on my computer without a direct link, got 3 browsers and they only display 1 out of 10 times for some reason.

Is it anything like age of empire?

early warcraft

what other games is its like?
Old 10-27-2010, 01:28 PM   #11
Brokinarrow

Quote:
uboob and other vids don't work on my computer without a direct link, got 3 browsers and they only display 1 out of 10 times for some reason.

Is it anything like age of empire?

early warcraft

what other games is its like?
Nah, not strategy based. I'm actually having a hard time thinking of older games that would be similar... maybe the N64 Legend of Zelda, but only very faintly as Fable III has so much more that you can do. It's an action role-playing game, so you play a specific character and you go around fighting bad guys and completing quests to further your goals. You fight from a medium distance 3rd person view.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:44 PM   #12
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokinarrow View Post
Nah, not strategy based. I'm actually having a hard time thinking of older games that would be similar... maybe the N64 Legend of Zelda, but only very faintly as Fable III has so much more that you can do. It's an action role-playing game, so you play a specific character and you go around fighting bad guys and completing quests to further your goals. You fight from a medium distance 3rd person view.
The commercials don't relay that very well, makes it look like an age of empire where you can battle different era of fighters against one another.

So the 1980s cover art syndrom still goes on in today commercials, where what you see on the box cover/TV isn't anything remotly even close to what the games is.
Old 10-27-2010, 01:50 PM   #13
Brokinarrow

Quote:
The commercials don't relay that very well, makes it look like an age of empire where you can battle different era of fighters against one another.

So the 1980s cover art syndrom still goes on in today commercials, where what you see on the box cover/TV isn't anything remotly even close to what the games is.
No, those are the cinematics for the game. The instances you see of the one person fighting is the in game graphics. The ships and maps you see are all just part of cut-scenes in the game. Right around the 1 minute mark, thats the actual game play and a good example of what the fighting looks like.

Here is a better example:

Old 10-27-2010, 05:18 PM   #14
2ndgenz28
Thread Killer

Well the moral of the story is someone needs to take the commercial and make it for real, a 3d age of empires with a wider story base like fable.