Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Vararam
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

Old 08-04-2009, 01:34 PM   #1
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Mike Norris Motorsports & West Orlando Area Car Show-Get Together-?Dyno? Aug 15th

Hey All,

I had a couple of 5th Gen owners come by for lunch today talking about parformance packages and such and then we started talking about a monthly get together if at all possible. Here is what we can do.

The city of Winter Garden has "Classic Car Show" the thrid Saturday of every month that runs from 6-9PM. They close down a large portion of Plant Street in old down town for car show parking, have a DJ as well as several give aways from locals businesses such as myself. There are several local restaurants in the area as well as drink and ice cream shops. And a couple adult beverage establishments. The location is about a 1/4 mile from my shop.

It has a wide variety of cars from old and new and it would be great to have a cruise in of a bunch of 5th Gen folks to say the least.

Though the show starts officially at 6PM, there are always folks getting there early for prime parking at 4-4:30 or so. Since I am a sponsor of the show I can get them to hold some spots all together.

What I am thinking is if folks want to get together at my shop ahead of time we can cruise over from here. We could meet here at 4PM or whatever folks feel like doing. If folks want to go over performance needs for their cars or get in some dyno runs we can accomodate that also before the show, but obviously we would need to meet earlier.

What I could do, as this is the first get together, is offer up free base line dyno runs to folks which would be 2 back to back runs with air/fuel reading and printout. Maximum number of cars I could do before the show would be 5 or 6 since we will be on somewhat limited time before the show. It just depends on when folks what to get to my place. Just giving back to those who support my shop.

I would say the earliest I would want to get together at my place would be 1PM or so. I do have an exhaust install on a Corvette that morning and then have some running to do as well as some yard work.

So let me know how much interest there is on getting together before the show as well as who all may want a few dyno runs also. If we get a lot of folks interested in dyno runs, it will end up being on a first come, first served basis to be fair to everyone.

Thanks and hope to see a bunch of 5th Gens as well as any other LS powered cars out this way for sure.

Mike Norris

Last edited by Mike Norris; 08-05-2009 at 04:15 PM. Reason: Change Title
Mike Norris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2009, 09:19 PM   #2
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
I don't have a Camaro but I have yet to see one up close to be able to check one out. Any chance of non-Camaro owners being allowed to join?
Old 08-05-2009, 04:50 PM   #3
vsgls1

Drives: 07 GMC Sierra
Send a message via AIM to vsgls1
Should be able to come out for this.

Last edited by vsgls1; 08-08-2009 at 04:47 PM.
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2009, 10:40 AM   #4
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

Blakout, everyone is welcome for sure as it looks like there will be a few first Gen cars out also.

vsgls1, look forward to having the TVS2300 car make it out for sure. I should have the other TVS2300 on this week and ready also.

See ya all here and thanks.

Mike Norris
Old 08-09-2009, 08:45 PM   #5
themossman
Apprehensive Optimist

Drives: '10 SS/RS SIM
Would love to make it down for this one...

Mike - does your shop do suspension work?
Engine:Phase One-(All work by Vengeance Racing): Custom Cam, AR Headers, ported throttle body, ported intake, custom tune, dual valve springs, hardened push rods, under drive pulley, thermostat, Vararam CAI, C5R timing chain, Melling oil pump catch can, breather, MagnaFlow Sport Axle Back
Suspension: Pfadt Sport Sway Bars, Pfadt drop springs
Other: MGW Shifter, Custom Paint
my build journal ---->http://camaro5.com/forums/showthread.php?t=30057
themossman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2009, 06:22 AM   #6
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I can do suspension work but I do not have an alignment machine in house. I do have one nearby if need be. The only glitch would be if there are any specific tools required that I do not have.

Let me know if I can be of any help.

Mike Norris
Old 08-12-2009, 12:55 PM   #7
Ultimate Performance

Drives: 2010 Camaro L99
http://www.camaro5.com/forums/showpo...2&postcount=87

If all goes well this week save us a spot
Ultimate Performance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

The more the merrier for sure. We can compare notes from your single turbo to the TT we are working on.

Just a couple more days folks. Here is what was going on today as Justin from GMHTP was here to cover a Maggie install. Just a couple pics to wet folks appetites. Not bad for $6995 installed and tuned

This car is a base M6 SS/RS all stock car with no other mods except for the base TVS2300 as it comes from Magnacharger, so a real world base test with no extras.

Mike Norris
Attached Images

Old 08-14-2009, 10:50 AM   #9
vsgls1

Just changed my plugs, next up oil and a wash. So much easier than the 4th gens, no blood and done in about 40 minutes, including moving the blower reservoir to get to the passenger side plugs. See everyone tomorrow. I want to see the blue in person. Maybe Mike can strap it down with some more miles on her and see what she does.

Last edited by vsgls1; 08-14-2009 at 11:25 AM.
vsgls1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2009, 04:47 PM   #10
Blakout

Drives: 2016 Camaro 2SS NPP
I look forward to hopefully seeing that install tomorrow. I'm pretty sure I'm going to attend after I'm done with work tomorrow. Hopefully arrive around 6pm.
Old 08-14-2009, 09:07 PM   #11
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

If you are talking about your car Keith, we can do that. The blue SS will be back home in St Augustine. She did put down 498 RWHP and 485 RWT.

Blakout, by 6PM we will be at the car show as everyone coming by my place should be heading to the show by 4PM, 4:30 at the latest for good parking.

See you guys tomorrow.

Mike Norris
Old 08-14-2009, 11:01 PM   #12
Indpowr
Account Suspended

Drives: Corvette C6
Mike,
The wife and I talked and she will try to get off work a little early. If we show up around 4pm where do we go?
Indpowr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2009, 07:01 AM   #13
Mike Norris
Account Suspended

I would say if you can get to my place by 4, then come to the shop. You can just call me at 407-616-2518 if it is getting close. It would be great to see you guys.

I am not sure just yet what time I am getting back to the shop this afternoon. I want to say maybe 2 or 2:30 as it seems we have a few folks wanting to get in on the free dyno before the show.

See you folks later.

Mike Norris
Old 08-15-2009, 12:10 PM   #14
vsgls1

Heading out now, be there around 3.