Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Bigwormgraphix
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Technical Camaro Topics > Camaro Issues / Problems | Warranty Discussions | TSB and Recalls

Old 05-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #169
CrtRS13

Drives: 2013 Crystal Red Tint 2LT RS
Mines done it a couple of times, even, at night, so unless the sun on the opposite side of the planet is causing it, then I don't think it's the sun

I wonder if anyone who has had it replaced has had it happen again. Seems like it's only the 13's. When it fades and you hit the blinker or change the song, it reappears, then fades again. Maybe it could be something other than the HUD causing it. Just a thought.

Oh and on a side note, all dealers seem to have the same answer, that the never heard of an issue before. I heard the same thing from Infiniti, when water was leaking in by the door tweeter on my g37 coupe even though there were many threads on the forum about it. They kept reindexing the window, which didn't fix it, even though they said it was fixed. I wound up using a DIY I found on the forum where I took the interior door panel off and there we're adjustment screws the adjusted how high the window went up. 2 turns and it never leaked again. Too bad the dealer couldn't figure that out, Rant over.
Old 05-25-2014, 05:12 PM   #170
Chevrolet Customer Svc

Drives: GM Vehicles
Quote:
Originally Posted by GrayFox13 View Post
Picked the car up!!!! They told me they are going to replace on my word but GM is saying its the "Sun" causing a "ghost image". I don't have that, I have NO image. ha ha
There is a "Bulletin" for this problem. But it's not limited to the Camaro, its for 11 different Veh Types. But the '13 Camaro is the ONLY Camaro on the list.
Thanks for the update!

Great to hear that they were addressing the situation. Keep me posted on this in case additional assistance is needed with any further concerns.

William R.
Chevrolet Customer Care
Chevrolet Customer Svc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2014, 11:59 AM   #171
No Regrets 2014

Drives: 2014 2SS RSFV3F Ordered- TPW5/26
William, can you please assist me. Muscle Car Lover said you helped him get his railcar number. I'm trying to coordinate some things with delivery. Can you get me mine: RSFV3F in NY. I can PM you the vin# if need be. Thank you.
No Regrets 2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2014, 08:28 AM   #172
007s 'Vert
Formerly Lil'BlueCoupe

Drives: '13 2LT/RS Vert, Summit White
Angry

I know this is a repost but I will add my woes as well-

QUOTE-"yep I may have my first issue with my new vert.....I think something is possibly wrong with the HUD.
drove a couple blocks over to the store and when I got close to my destination I noticed my HUD was not on. I stopped and shut the car off, pulled the key out, reinserted and restarted it......still no HUD :(

I proceeded to the parking lot of my destination and shut her off, waited a few seconds and restarted her, it didn't do the welcome screen but it came on then after a few seconds started to dim out. I restarted the car again and it worked just fine, once I got back out of the store I started it up and it worked just fine again and stayed workin all the way home, and once I got there I tried it a couple more times without any issues.

I am hoping this is just some onboard computer glitch, I will be keeping an eye on it for sure but I am also thinking it may need to be brought to the dealer and maybe needs a firmware update to the MyLink and car computer, just two weeks of having the car I also had an issue one time when I started the car and the MyLink wouldn't come on, when I restarted the car it came up just fine and I havent had any issues since then......wierd "

I think I am gonna take her by the dealer and at least talk to the service manager today...
Old 08-16-2014, 03:52 PM   #173
benji276289

Drives: 2021 Camaro 2SS1LE, 6 spd.man., Ora
Send a message via Skype™ to benji276289
Add me to the list of HUD fadeout/disappearing acts. Had the car up on I-81 about 10 miles from home when all of a sudden the fading in and out began. It finally went to nothing. It reappeared briefly when the song info changed on the radio or when I had my signals on. But it disappeared again every time. When I got home I shut the car down, removed the key and opened the door. Then I restarted it but still nothing. I have not been back outside since then. Tried calling the dealer but the SDs are already closed because it is Saturday. If having a HUD wasn't one of the reasons I wanted a Camaro, I'd say no big deal. But it "WAS" one of the reasons I bought the car. So it is a big deal to me.
benji276289 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 12:27 AM   #174
SwaeOcean

Drives: 2013 ZL1
This just happened to me. My HUD was %100 fine, went to a movie with my girl, came out and on the way home the HUD started flashing off. In my mind this would be caused by an electrical fault somewhere? I'm suspecting sabotage by jealous Mustang drivers as usual...

Last edited by SwaeOcean; 08-17-2014 at 12:38 AM. Reason: new video
SwaeOcean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2014, 04:15 AM   #175
benji276289

Quote:
Originally Posted by SwaeOcean View Post
This just happened to me. My HUD was %100 fine, went to a movie with my girl, came out and on the way home the HUD started flashing off. In my mind this would be caused by an electrical fault somewhere? I'm suspecting sabotage by jealous Mustang drivers as usual...

Maybe we're being invaded by aliens from outer space that are Camaro haters.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:14 AM   #176
benji276289

I went outside a short time ago to start my car and low and behold, the HUD is now working perfectly. I re-started the car three times and all three times the HUD worked. So whatever gremlins invaded my car yesterday afternoon either left to attack another vehicle or they are sleeping. I will let you know if they return.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:15 AM   #177
benji276289

I went outside a short time ago to start my car and low and behold, the HUD is now working perfectly. I re-started the car three times and all three times the HUD worked. So whatever gremlins invaded my car yesterday afternoon either left to attack another vehicle or they are sleeping. I will let you know if they return.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:18 AM   #178
benji276289

Just started my car and voila, the HUD has returned. I will report back if the HUD gremlins return.
Old 08-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #179
benji276289

Double post.

Last edited by benji276289; 08-17-2014 at 11:18 AM.
Old 04-20-2015, 09:46 PM   #180
beaquel

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS Convertible
I have a 2013 2SS Convertible and I bought it new (leftover stock) the day after Thanksgiving 2014. I noticed that the HUD did this a few times and reported it when I brought it in to deal with some post-delivery deficiencies they needed to fix. Over the winter, it didn't seem to happen again. Just this weekend, I replaced my aftermarket winter rims with my stock rims and noticed that on my way to the gym tonight the HUD did the fade in / fade out deal again. I'm not sure if it's weather related, or related to my tires, but it's an interesting coincidence. I too have the fan speed issue where it doesn't report properly on the MyLink touch-screen display. I'm not sure if they are both related, but I'm seeing both issues intermittently.
beaquel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 08:01 PM   #181
monSSter

Drives: 2017 SS
Jus had my hud replaced. Service rep was an idiot. After having it 2 days they blamed it on the dimmer being set to low. Had the manger take it for a drive and he immediately say the issues as he also happens to own a CAMARO. So they order the part. And a week later I got my car back with a brand new HUD. Minus the ZL1 g bar mode. Which again my idiot service rep swore up and down didn't exhist. Had to call gen5diy and he gave me the instructions for them.its truly amazing how incompetent some of these dealers are. And of coarse after everything was said and done, I got the "make sure you fill out completely satisfied on the survey speech". After 2 weeks of trying to weasel out of a repair.
Old 08-28-2015, 08:59 AM   #182
fishcop

Drives: Camaro SS
I got the same problem now on my 2013 Camaro SS (EU).
Yesterday I talked to Chevrolet regarding this issue but they declined to fix it on warranty.

The problem was that it was only once so far and after a small break of 15 minutes the HUD worked properly again. Shame on the warrenty runs out until April 2016. I don't drive my Camaro in wintertime so the chance it will happen again is kind of small - and if its happen again I need to drive to my next service garage (about 100km.) and show them the issue live. Otherwise Chevrolet Warranty EU wont fix the problem

If someone knows in which bulletin I can find a description of this error it would help a lot. Chevrolet EU said that there no is no bulletin at the moment regarding this issue

Any help to this issue is highly appreciated....
fishcop is offline   Reply With Quote