Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

TireRack
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V8 LS3 / L99 Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 03-26-2013, 09:47 AM   #43
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
OP had a very valid complaint so no need to have it deleted....just correct it so all are happy, but as another posted, you can have 1000 happy customers and not have a comment public, but when there is an issue the forums make it so easy to do damage intended or not. The OP did not intend damage in this case, but far to often (not just us, but any supporting vendor) threads like this give the small handfull that love to cause problems the perfect opportunity. The internet is a double edged sword.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2013, 09:52 AM   #44
SPCBA

Drives: pleather and Chiclets
ill post for a happy customer. my catch can works great...my breather worked great. i have since changed the breather to a 1LE seperator and am still very satisfied with the rx catch can. it works my engine appreciates it and i am glad i have it.

Thanks rx for your great product and superb customer service. made in america
Attached Images

Old 03-26-2013, 04:00 PM   #45
JWMotoring

Drives: 2018 SS Hyper Blue
No surprise they're fixing the issue. My customers love the cans
JWMotoring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2013, 08:43 PM   #46
Chevy69er

Drives: 2011 SLP ZL-585, 13' Silverado
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
OP had a very valid complaint so no need to have it deleted....just correct it so all are happy, but as another posted, you can have 1000 happy customers and not have a comment public, but when there is an issue the forums make it so easy to do damage intended or not. The OP did not intend damage in this case, but far to often (not just us, but any supporting vendor) threads like this give the small handfull that love to cause problems the perfect opportunity. The internet is a double edged sword.

Received my catch can today. Looks awesome! checked for shavings in the can and it looks and sounds good.

Question is i ordered the dual valve can under your recommendation. I have a maggie top mount and your web site has a link for install "Dual valve top mount" but when it loads it shows a single valve? I need help installing my dual valve on my maggie SC top mount? Pics available somewhere or a link that show them?
Chevy69er is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:23 AM   #47
RatedZ

Drives: Camaro SS
I contacted Tracy a few days ago to inquire about the RX Catch Cans. I have read numerous posts here on Camaro5 about them but having the luxury of having Tracy in my backyard was a total bonus. So I called and I had a couple of questions which he took the time to answer and educate me so I decided to drive down to his shop to pick one up. He offered to even install it for me if I wanted at no charge which I was blown away he would do.

Since the Camaro 2SS/RS is my wife's car, I wanted her to come along and watch what was being done. She's a pretty big Camaro fanatic and knows her cars so I thought she would enjoy it. Well, we got more then I ever expected as as soon as we pulled up to Tracy's shop around 10am we were greeted as we were long life friends. Tracy took my wife and I around his shop showing us what he does and all along answering our questions and educating us on the LS3 motors and their internals.

Tracy had my unit ready to install and my wife and I got first hand knowledge about these systems as well as other features of the LS3 that was amazing. We talked and talked, and before we all knew it it was 12:30 so we got to spend 2 1/2 hours learning all kinds of things.

Tracy is one of the most passionate mechanics I have ever met and never have I had the experience as I did today. It was such a thrill to hear the same passion about these cars and how proud he is of his work and my wife really enjoyed going to his shop and talking Camaros.

To the OP I am sure Tracy will get you fixed up and I know you will be happy.

Oh, and as a bonus, after we finished up the SS Tracy handed us the keys to a '12 Turbo Charged V-6 to take for a spin to see what we thought. Tracy had just finished putting in the Turbo system and the owner who was flying down later in the day wanted to get feedback on Tracy's work. Let me just say I have never driven a faster V6 then I did today. He does amazing work hands down.
Attached Images

RatedZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 03:31 PM   #48
Jrichards73

Drives: 2011 2SS/RS Victory Red
Mine was flawless and I popped open the drain on it yesterday after maybe 1000 miles and got a nice nasty dark grayish brown fluid out of it. Covered the bottom of a disposable cup to a depth of maybe an 1/8". 1000 miles....

Updates: BTR Stage 2 VVT Cam Kit w/Smith Brothers Trunnions, Fluidampr, RX catch can, B&M Trans pan mod, Kooks Black Headers, Borla S-tunes, Eibach Multi-Pro-R2 coilovers and Swaybars, BMR Full Bushing kit with Toe and Trailing arms, RB Rotors w/EBC Pads, GForce 1400 Axles (now on order). AVH-X5800BHS in Scosche GM5201AB.
Jrichards73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 08:40 PM   #49
air1kdf

Drives: his 45th SS everywhere
Life is full of learning experiences. SC2150, I'm sure that you and your new employee learned something. I might add that it's nice to see you on the boards supporting your products as good as you do.
air1kdf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2013, 12:37 PM   #50
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chevy69er View Post
Received my catch can today. Looks awesome! checked for shavings in the can and it looks and sounds good.

Question is i ordered the dual valve can under your recommendation. I have a maggie top mount and your web site has a link for install "Dual valve top mount" but when it loads it shows a single valve? I need help installing my dual valve on my maggie SC top mount? Pics available somewhere or a link that show them?
Just connect the second outer valve from the can to a barb you add between 2& 4" from the throttle body.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrichards73 View Post
Mine was flawless and I popped open the drain on it yesterday after maybe 1000 miles and got a nice nasty dark grayish brown fluid out of it. Covered the bottom of a disposable cup to a depth of maybe an 1/8". 1000 miles....

Cold weather you will see it look more chocolate than in summer months as it catches water as well.

rjla, Thanks for the props. Always enjoy talking with intelligent people and both you & your wife are passionate about cars...good match.

Oh, we have a customer with a 98 trans am, black for $3500 that is not bad, no rust. I'll get you more details.

SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote