Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > General Camaro Forums > 5th Gen Camaro SS LS LT General Discussions

Old 12-16-2010, 11:41 PM   #29
Sc0rPs

Drives: 2010 2LT / RS - 2013 ZL1
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobmac427 View Post
Build'em in Kentucky along side the Corvette.
Great quality build coming out of that factory.
American car - American jobs.

Why did we bail out GM and they are still building cars outside the USA?
1) It's a world car just like all others, the corporation behind has it's HQ bases in the US.. currently

2) Both Canadian Federal and Ontarion governments also bailed out GM

3) You give Americans a bad name

Quote:
Originally Posted by camaro288 View Post
new camaro is a car from an american company, designed by a korean and built in canada. that's how the world is these days. WELCOME TO THE 21st CENTURY!

and man, i guess my estimated 2 month wait will be a little longer. what can i do, right?
Pretty much the deal, manufacturers make products in other countries for things like beating tariffs, strategic distribution, labor costs etc. None of these big boys is any more one country than the next now, do any of the auto manufacturers not have a plant in the states?
Sc0rPs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 12:21 AM   #30
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
Originally Posted by tom692010 View Post
Glad mine came in 18 months ago.
+1

Mine too, almost 19 months ago...5/19/09
Old 12-17-2010, 12:32 AM   #31
CamaroSSRS11

Drives: 2017 White SS 1LE
To all the Ontario plant workers, I have driven products from your facility in the past and was very impressed with the build quality then and I'm sure I will be again when my camaro is assembled soon.

Blizzard conditions are no joke and if me waiting a week or two longer for my car means all of you staying safe, than I say no problem!

P.S. If you happen to se a IOM 2SS coming down the line, order #PHRQTP, maybe give it a little TLC
CamaroSSRS11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:39 AM   #32
DGthe3
Moderator.ca

Drives: 05 Grand Am GT
Send a message via MSN to DGthe3
Quote:

The Canadian federal government also helped in the bailout of GM, and essentially matched the per-capita amount given by the US federal government. The Ontario provincial government then matched what the federal government gave. Do the math and you'll see that residents of Ontario are responsible for ~3.5x the amount per person to save GM than residents of the US did.

Also, while the Corvette is known for many things, outstanding build quality is not one of them.
My sister's dentist's brother's cousin's housekeeper's dog-breeder's nephew sells coffee filters to the company that provides coffee to General Motors......
........and HE WOULD KNOW!!!!

Camaro Fest sub-forum
DGthe3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 01:41 AM   #33
heRS
Raised by Wolves

Drives: IBM 2010 2LT RS M6
I am thrilled with what I got out of Oshowa! My Camaro rocks my world and I can't thank you guys enough. Besides, my family is Canadian so it's all good!

heRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 02:30 AM   #34
fielderLS3

Drives: 2016 Mazda6, 2011 Mustang 5.0
Quote:
Originally Posted by billmiller8 View Post
Is it because of the snow ? or is it because of the Holidays ?

I worked for General Motors for 30 yrs and I have never seen them shut down for snow, but they do shut down alot of plants for the Holidays normally between Christmas eve and New Years, and some plants longer.
I think that part of the recent restructuring involved adopting the Japanese strategy of keeping only a few hours supply of parts on hand at the plants to save the storage/inventory costs. The downside is the risk of disruption by even short term supply disruptions.

Quote:

For the same reason the Fed just bailed out BMW?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sc0rPs View Post
You guys may not get snow but you get nasty storms and possible hurricane hits! Come to Vancouver Camaro factory!!! No snow or storms here, okay maybe a week of snow...
You may have something there. The last time I was in Seattle, I was amazed at how many 20-30 year old cars where on the road. Not junkers either, they were all in almost showroom condition with no rust and glossy paint. Cars seem to last forever in that climate.
fielderLS3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 08:02 AM   #35
CajunCamaroChic

Drives: 2010 2SS/RS, ABM "Bella"
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80Zedder View Post
Because AmeriCan't?

seriously, i cant believe the ignorance of some people on here. Why doesent the world ship all offshore production to the states? will you be happy then?

christ, the camaro is a WORLD car, not a AMERICAN car, far from it.
Absolutely! And there is no better group of people to build the car than Mike Judge and all of Team Camaro. Can't wait to head back there in 2011 for another Oshawa event!!

And the Oshawa plant builds other awesome cars like the Impala, Equinox, Regal and in 2012, the Cadilllac XTS, as well as others. And they have produced outstanding products for many years. Tremendous quality and outstanding care, they know we love our cars and so do they!
Old 12-17-2010, 08:39 AM   #36
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
meh, so what if Canada gets to claim some Camaro... Here in Georgia we have Kias
Old 12-17-2010, 08:44 AM   #37
super60
Built with Pride "Oshawa"

Drives: 2011 Chev Silverado Z71 Crew
Quote:
Originally Posted by CajunCamaroChic View Post
Absolutely! And there is no better group of people to build the car than Mike Judge and all of Team Camaro. Can't wait to head back there in 2011 for another Oshawa event!!

And the Oshawa plant builds other awesome cars like the Impala, Equinox, Regal and in 2012, the Cadilllac XTS, as well as others. And they have produced outstanding products for many years. Tremendous quality and outstanding care, they know we love our cars and so do they!
CCC & Friends

Thanks for the kind words I think i can speak for everyone here in Oshawa and say all of you are Customer # 1. We take great pride in building each and every Camaro like it was our own . I won't get into the politics of USA vs Canada, all i know is i have made life long friends with Camaro owners from both countrys and that is something i will always be proud of .

Mike Judge
Super60

In Memory of Dawson Ellert .
super60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 09:31 AM   #38
PAUL SS
The Mark of Excellence

Drives: 2010 ABM 1SS RS LS3
Nice going Jason, your posting made the home page. Congrats!
Old 12-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #39
stand-al0ne
Rev Couture

Drives: 2010 LS Camaro & 2013 Rav4 Ltd
Quote:
Originally Posted by super60 View Post
CCC & Friends

Thanks for the kind words I think i can speak for everyone here in Oshawa and say all of you are Customer # 1. We take great pride in building each and every Camaro like it was our own . I won't get into the politics of USA vs Canada, all i know is i have made life long friends with Camaro owners from both countrys and that is something i will always be proud of .

Mike Judge
Super60
I think thats well said. +1
You build a product people love the WORLD over!
Old 12-17-2010, 02:39 PM   #40
solo40oz

Drives: My wife crazy
I saw where somewhere a bunch of cars were trapped on the road due to the snow storms....and some lady gave birth in her car. Poppin out babys is stressful enough, I can't imagine having to deal with that in a car while stranded.
solo40oz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2010, 04:55 PM   #41
"prima"Donna
HWAY STR

Drives: 2010 RJT VIN#7085 & 2014 CRT C7
Quote:
CCC & Friends

Mike Judge
Super60
I am PROUD and HUMBLED to tell everyone that my HWAY STR was built in Oshawa, C-A-N-A-D-A by my 'best buddy that I have never met in person' (YET), Mike Judge, and the rest of the fantastic group of Team Camaro employees!!!

I hope to make it to Oshawa next year to thank Mike and his fellow employees in person!!!

Old 12-17-2010, 10:13 PM   #42
Ruffian118

Drives: 2010 2LT SW silver stripes
Quote:
CCC & Friends

Mike Judge
Super60
and we all like Guinness - so let's throw Ireland into the mix!
Club Elite Member #117 / Favorite 5th Gen Camaro selected by Scott Settlemire - C5FestII
Ordered: 1/25/10; Built 3/4-8/10 VIN #201262; in my driveway 3/20/10

Ruffian118 is offline   Reply With Quote