Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

dave@hennessey
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > Camaro V6 LFX Engine, Exhaust, and Bolt-Ons

Old 02-25-2018, 05:27 PM   #1
l.abrego

Drives: 2015 summit white Camaro
LFX tuned; New mods?

I just got the first tune from Will at Overkill Motorsports and I enjoyed it this whole whole week. I sent him back some datalogs will that still improve the way the car feels? Also anyone know what I should do next. So far I only have the tune and a resonated x pipe with muffler deletes. Should I go for the catless downpipes from ARH next or get a CAI? Or any other mods? Something I will feel it kick lol
l.abrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 06:17 PM   #2
bingster223

Drives: 2015 1LT/RS hot red/black
Im looking to tune my car probably in April im probably going with Overkill also. Glad to hear you're enjoying it so far. As far as what mods to do next im not sure they need to be done in any specific order, i think is some cases its more of what you can afford at that time.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
bingster223 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:34 PM   #3
DSX_Camaro

Drives: 2013 SW 2LT/RS LFX/AY6
Downpipes. Intake. 80mm TB. Ported intake manifold. 3.45 or 3.91 gears. WHY STOP?
K&N CAI, 1LE Strut Tower Brace, Elite Engineering Catch Can and Clean Side Separator, Apex Scoop w/ Washer Relocation Kit, CTS Front Calipers and Rotors, JacFab Ported Intake Manifold, JacFab Intake Manifold Spacer, 80mm Overkill Throttle Body, SS Brake Lines, Ideal Garage Master Cylinder, Monster Twin Disc Clutch, NPP Retrofit w/ Magnaflow Resonated X, ARH Catless Downpipes, JRE Built 3.45 Diff, 1LE Axles, 1LE Hubs, Overkill Tuned, BMR Anti Wheel-hop Kit Stage I, ACS TL1 Hood Insert, ZL1 Spoiler
DSX_Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 07:50 PM   #4
l.abrego

Drives: 2015 summit white Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSX_Camaro View Post
Downpipes. Intake. 80mm TB. Ported intake manifold. 3.45 or 3.91 gears. WHY STOP?
I probably will do downpipes next in march. I like that order though lol I was actually thinking of them in that order up until gears mever thought about those.
l.abrego is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 09:02 PM   #5
ritchet

Drives: 2015 Camaro 1LS Red Rock
let me start by saying I love my 323 BHP LFX 1LS. However, after doing the math, I found it would be cheaper to sell it and buy a slightly newer(and arguably better) gen 6 SS than adding a lot of mods to my car. But to each his/her own.
ritchet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 10:22 AM   #6
Kenny Camaro
Account Suspended

Drives: 2013 1LT RS Camaro
Catch can ,cold air intake, ported Throttlebody, ported intake manifold, and an intake manifold spacer. In that order. IMO.
Kenny Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018, 11:54 AM   #7
dlink

Drives: 2013 Camaro LS
What Ken said. Lots of people dismiss the catch can as it doesn't increase performance but IMO ALL GDI engine vehicles should have a catch can unless you're fond of paying chevy for a valve clean every couple thousand miles to keep your engine running right. Plus it's an easy install and a hundred bucks for peace at mind.
dlink is offline   Reply With Quote