Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Roto-Fab
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Engine | Drivetrain | Powertrain Technical Discussions > V8 and V6 Transmissions / Driveline (6L80 / 6L50 / TR6060 / AY6)

Old 05-27-2013, 11:11 AM   #15
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Drives: 2010 Camaro
Quote:
Originally Posted by SC2150 View Post
We have seen it time and again, but the key IS traction dependent. You must have the tires to put the tq to the ground. And this is with the FTI 3600 billet. We raced the entire country with our footbrake cars, and had run most well known brand at one time or another (many sponsoring us with free product) and at the time, nothing equaled the FTI in the 4L60E cars. The 6L80e's we see .5-.7 traction dependent all the time. And this is from a group of professional drag racers here...not the occasional T&T driver.

Well put. The 6L80E has more mass to turn, so more parasitic loss.

My C5 corvette bracket car ran 11.50's all day long with 346 rwhp with a FTI 4200 stall on M/T drag radials,

and the BatCar in my sig runs mid 10's daily driver.

Please identify the gen v car that has gained .5-.7 in the 1/4 with ONLY adding your converter. I've yet to see proof to these claims and if this was truly the case there would be hundreds of members praising then. Right now it's only you.
Supercharged SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2013, 11:46 AM   #16
etmx183

Drives: 2012 Camaro 2LT RS
Work me up a deal on a convertor for my 2012 LFX nitrous car, 6L50E auto and I will post before and after numbers. I have plenty of all motor and nitrous passes for the BEFORE convertor change numbers. I also have the suspension and tires ALREADY on the car to handle the convertor for the AFTER runs. BMR suspension rear diff bushings. toe ends, links, cradle bushings, tunnel brace and M/T 305/20 drag radials ALREADY on the car.

Consistant: 60' 1:71 - 1:74, 12:71 -12:75 @ 106.33 - 106.99 on the bottle (100HP setting @1000 PSI pressure)
All Motor 60' 1:93 - 1:96, 13:91 - 13:95 @ 101.06 - 101.73 on all motor leaving at an idle and flashing convertor on the last yellow.
Trifecta Tune on the car so I am not sure if I can get the transmission tuning needed for lock-up clutch control with them or not????

Quote:
We have seen it time and again, but the key IS traction dependent. You must have the tires to put the tq to the ground. And this is with the FTI 3600 billet. We raced the entire country with our footbrake cars, and had run most well known brand at one time or another (many sponsoring us with free product) and at the time, nothing equaled the FTI in the 4L60E cars. The 6L80e's we see .5-.7 traction dependent all the time. And this is from a group of professional drag racers here...not the occasional T&T driver.

Well put. The 6L80E has more mass to turn, so more parasitic loss.

My C5 corvette bracket car ran 11.50's all day long with 346 rwhp with a FTI 4200 stall on M/T drag radials,

and the BatCar in my sig runs mid 10's daily driver.
etmx183 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 01:09 PM   #17
SC2150
Account Suspended

Drives: 2012 Camaro RS, RX supercharged
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supercharged SS View Post
Please identify the gen v car that has gained .5-.7 in the 1/4 with ONLY adding your converter. I've yet to see proof to these claims and if this was truly the case there would be hundreds of members praising then. Right now it's only you.
Emailing all the customers we can to come in and post before and after time slips.

But your biased is well known. I'll put track time and runs down the drag strip as well as championships won against your little bit of test & tune experience any day. I don't come into your threads/post and call BS on you....
SC2150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 04:57 PM   #18
Matt @ FSP

Drives: 2011 Camaro SS
Most decent converters will net you a gain of .3-.5 at the high end. Like most did say, a lot of people couple the converter with other modifications. I know whenever we do a torque converter here, we also do the transmission & engine tuning along with it. So I'll see that larger gain because of the tuning involved. Also, depending on modifications done you'll see greater gains too. We just took a Vette to the track with stock converter running 1.85-1.89 60' times, now we're dead on at 1.50 60' times with the addition of the Vigilante (PI) 2800 stall.

Pro Torque and FTI are great converters, and what we sell. However, there are plenty other brands out there that will get the job done also.

Supercharged SS is a bit more than your occassional test and tuner, he also goes to private track rentals...
Matt @ FSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 05:02 PM   #19
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Emailing all the customers we can to come in and post before and after time slips.

But your biased is well known. I'll put track time and runs down the drag strip as well as championships won against your little bit of test & tune experience any day. I don't come into your threads/post and call BS on you....
Wheres the proof? Enough of your standard copy and paste BS. Ill ask again... Why has NO ONE EVER backed up this claim in 4 years... Maybe because its false info.

I could care less about any championships. You come across as the guy the sells the Sham Wow. Lots of hype, little performance.

You are welcome in any thread I create or to comment on whatever I say. I HAVE proof of what my car is doing. It's well documented.

Ill be glad to retract my statement after I am proven wrong. So hurry up and find a mythical gen v that gained .7. If they were really your customer you'd already have the info on hand. The fact you have to email these so called customers is ridiculous.

Maybe one day Ill start posting about all the little league championships I won throughout my past.
Old 05-28-2013, 05:08 PM   #20
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

I'm sure the FTI converter is just as good as all the others. Just not mythical unicorn gd.
Old 05-28-2013, 10:41 PM   #21
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
What does everyone think of the Yank and PI converters?
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2013, 10:49 PM   #22
Supercharged SS
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
Both excellent and have awesome service and great reputations. I'd have no problem using either.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:12 PM   #23
K32 Camaro
V8 lounge member #5

Drives: 12 2SS Synergy Camaro, 05 PontiacG6
K32 Camaro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 12:09 AM   #24
Juice2SS

Drives: 2011 2SS
PI has a 9.5" converter. Stall is around 3200. I'd like a 3600 though... hmmmm.
Juice2SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 07:32 AM   #25
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juice2SS View Post
Pretty pathetic that you have to compare little league trophy's to professional drag racing. Have you ever raced in a real event? (Divisonal, National or World in either NHRA or IHRA. The proof is all over the place and you only called me out late yesterday. I sent messages to customers with them to post up time slips and before and after....and I'll put FTI up against any comparable converter on the market. Have run most all through the years with good results, but nothing has ever performed like the proper built to match FTI.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:40 AM   #26
Adadda

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS. L99
Quote:

LOL...how come anytime someone questions your post they have a biased opinion or a hidden agenda ? you ever think you are just a little paranoid. If you state something to be factual then you as a professional should be able to back up what you are saying . also how is this YOUR thread ? and I would put jamie's track time and experience with the 5th gen against yours any day . im done with this baby someone else can spank it ......
Adadda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2013, 08:26 AM   #27
SC2150
Account Suspended

Quote:
Originally Posted by Adadda View Post
LOL...how come anytime someone questions your post they have a biased opinion or a hidden agenda ? you ever think you are just a little paranoid. If you state something to be factual then you as a professional should be able to back up what you are saying . also how is this YOUR thread ? and I would put jamie's track time and experience with the 5th gen against yours any day . im done with this baby someone else can spank it ......

LOL!!! I am backing it up.....it has been 1/2 day since called out. There will be examples, and call FTI directly as well if you want to take the uninformed stance. He attacked, I responded. I did not call him out, just the opposite.

All day long the average gain traction dependent is a minimum of .3 to as high as .7, and .5 is the average. I have never attacked Jamie in all the years on here....just the opposite, but call me out publically and I will defend myself....would not expect anyone else to do less, but you are way out of your league here when it comes to drag racing. I may be as clueless about road racing as most, but this is something I have more experience, more accomplishments, and more related REAL championships personally or my drivers through the years than most anyone on this site period.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:44 AM   #28
Adadda

Drives: 2012 Camaro SS. L99
Quote:
LOL!!! I am backing it up.....it has been 1/2 day since called out. There will be examples, and call FTI directly as well if you want to take the uninformed stance. He attacked, I responded. I did not call him out, just the opposite.

All day long the average gain traction dependent is a minimum of .3 to as high as .7, and .5 is the average. I have never attacked Jamie in all the years on here....just the opposite, but call me out publically and I will defend myself....would not expect anyone else to do less, but you are way out of your league here when it comes to drag racing. I may be as clueless about road racing as most, but this is something I have more experience, more accomplishments, and more related REAL championships personally or my drivers through the years than most anyone on this site period.

and I was a high school football star ..lol your like the uncle from Napoleon Dynamite. I have my own 1/8 mile track bring any Rx built 5th gen you want and lets see how good you are ..anytime I will even give you the back tire
Adadda is offline   Reply With Quote