Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com

Phastek Performance
Go Back   Camaro5 Chevy Camaro Forum / Camaro ZL1, SS and V6 Forums - Camaro5.com > Marketplace > Vendor and Seller review / feedback / experiences

Old 11-02-2013, 07:12 PM   #1
Crazycoot

Drives: '13 ZL1 M6
What to do when a seller ceases contact after taking your money

I am looking for some advice. I recently purchased an item from a forum member coming up on a week ago. The item was supposed to be shipped the next day. When the day came and went, I messaged the member asking if the item had been shipped. Several days after I paid for the item, I received a response indicating that it would be shipped later than expected - either Thursday or Friday. Thursday came and went and I heard nothing. Friday came and went and I heard nothing. I sent a message asking about the item and received no response. I sent another message today and have received no response. This member has been active on this site every single day multiple times per day since our transaction began and has been on this site as recently as tonight. He has not replied to my messages since Wednesday. Is it too early for me to be pissed and worried that I have been scammed? Or should I chill out and relax? I am refraining from posting specifics about this member in the hopes that this situation will be resolved but I am quickly losing my patience.
Crazycoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #2
06_warrior

Drives: 2012 1SS LS3 M6 black on black :)
Did you pay by paypal?, did you get a tracking #? If yes to both you can check the tracking # on line to see if and when it shipped and each transfer step by step. If you paid by paypal you can dispute the sale to paypal and get your money back if he kept your money and no shipment of merchandise.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #3
Pluto

Drives: 2013 Camaro 2SS/RS
I have always shipped the moment I get paid in full, but that's just how I do business

Small, but effective mod list:

Roto-Fab Intake, TSP 2" Long tubes, TSP catless mids, MSD spark plug wires, stock catback, Elite Catch Can, APEX washer relocation and scoop, VMAX throttle body, Diablo InTune-Tuned by Matt@FSP, and a JacFab license plate bracket.
Pluto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:22 PM   #4
KICKER

Drives: 2010 CAMARO 2SS/RS WHITE
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
I have always shipped the moment I get paid in full, but that's just how I do business
Old 11-02-2013, 07:24 PM   #5
Crazycoot

He has provided no tracking number. As far as I know he hasn't shipped it. I did pay via PayPal and I will file a complaint if I have not heard from him by tomorrow with a tracking number. I had a close friend do some investigating after becoming concerned and have been able to determine this members name, address, educational background, and other information so it does seem that he is real. But that doesnt mean he hasnt scammed me.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:25 PM   #6
73camarolt

Drives: 2002 Camaro SS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pluto View Post
well it sucks u didnt sell this guy anything. Now lets get back to the sellers problem.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:27 PM   #7
Crazycoot

He also has other items for sale so I almost feel I should disclose what I know about this guy in case he is scamming people.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:29 PM   #8
aggieguy13

Drives: 2013 SS/RS VR 1LE
Rape and pillage!!!

2013 SS/RS 1LE VR-Backup System, SOLO Perforsance HF Cats, Muffler Delete, BBK Off-road X-pipe
2002 35th Aniversary SLP SS-Sold
aggieguy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:42 PM   #9
omgitsmikeyC

Drives: 2014 CTS-V- totalled/ 45TH ss- SOLD
Call paypal and tell them you sent money for a transaction and have not received any feedback from seller once you submitted the cash. They will open a claim and give the seller 10(?) or so days to give the money back or ship the items. (Not sure on amount of days). If the seller does not reply to their request of acknowledgement that he has said days to comply, you will get your money almost instantly.
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #10
lbheat
Echale Gas [COTW 3/10/14]

Drives: 2010 Camaro SS/RS Supercharged
Thats shady. Why would the seller bail out like that, I have never been treated like that on here. Very good experiences so far best of luck with resolution. Contact paypal asap!

Kenne Bell
502 rwhp/ 471 rwtq at 9psi (daily driver...for now)
Performance: Corsa catback, JRE Super Tensioner, dual pass heat exchanger, R1 slotted & Dimpled rotors cryogenically treated
Cosmetic: Giovanna kilis 22", zl1 mailslot bumper, Custom Emblem Pro Badge, painted calipers
lbheat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 07:44 PM   #11
Crazycoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by omgitsmikeyC View Post
Call paypal and tell them you sent money for a transaction and have not received any feedback from seller once you submitted the cash. They will open a claim and give the seller 10(?) or so days to give the money back or ship the items. (Not sure on amount of days). If the seller does not reply to their request of acknowledgement that he has said days to comply, you will get your money almost instantly.
Thanks for this information. Ive been buying things online for a long time and have never run into a situation where the seller literally doesnt ship the item. I had no idea it was so simple to get your money back from paypal.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:31 PM   #12
BigPopa71

Drives: Dark Knight
Im a fast shipper, I like.people to feel comfortable after they have turned over their hard earned funds. I sometimes spend more than I would like on some of the items. I have even had items professionally packed to make sure people get what they pay for. Maybe he hasn't removed the part from his car and he is stalling. I do know he would get exposed if I didn't get my goods I paid for.
BigPopa71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2013, 08:34 PM   #13
Crazycoot

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigPopa71 View Post
Im a fast shipper, I like.people to feel comfortable after they have turned over their hard earned funds. I sometimes spend more than I would like on some of the items I ship but have even had items professionally packed to make sure they get what they pay for. Maybe he hasn't removed the part from his car and he is stalling. I do know he would get exposed if I didn't get my goods I paid for.
The item was new and never used so this cant be his excuse.
Old 11-02-2013, 08:36 PM   #14
77rs

Drives: '13 SS/RS conv. RY
Not on this site, but a seller never sent my parts,. cashed my personal checks, filed a police report, posted his name, city, etc. online, got my parts ansd cash back,.
77rs is offline   Reply With Quote